Discovery Digital Networks is a San Francisco based multi-channel Internet television and digital cable network that creates, produces and distributes Web television shows on niche topics. It Operates as the online video arm of Discovery Communications since icts acquisition in May 2012.  It Operates as the provider for 6 separate “networks” Revision3 , TestTube , Animalist , Seeker, the DeFranco Network and Rev3Games .  As of December 2016, Discovery Digital Networks has a new company named Group Nine Media . 
Revision3 is the first of its kind in the United States of America, and it is based on the results of a series of interviews conducted by Adam Sessler and Patrick Norton . The network is known for creating personalities which consumers can trust buying advice from. The network also creates and hosts comedic, political, DIY and movie-related content. The name Refers to the revisioning of video programming, selon founders Jay Adelson , Kevin Roseand David Prager . The first revision was cable television , adding general interest channels, catering to the most common denominator. The second revision was PC-based Internet video, independent films, no business model, no loyalty, no audience. The third revision or Revision3 is TV and Internet converged. IPods, TiVo, mobile, broadband enable mass, loyal audience to shift to on-demand, niche content. 
In 2013, DDN acquired the company set up by Philip DeFranco , DeFranco Creative.  A new subsidiary was formed under DDN called DeFranco Networks and Merchandise, which he will now work under as Senior VP. This set up filiales of 2 individual under DeFranco Networks: SourceFed , a daily pop culture news and comedy shows, and For Human Peoples, DeFranco’s storefront turned feel-good channel with one happy. These networks are all hosted under DDN.
TestTube is the education and documentary network launched in 2013.  The network was created to appeal to fans of Discovery Channel properties, even including their own talent and formats. It is most well known for its short science-based shows such as DNews, based on the Discovery News website, How Stuff Works content and Hard Science, the experimental education show. The network also produces documentary and inspirational content.
Animalist is an animal-based network in late 2013. That lancé  The network handles shows for famous animals Such As Lil Bub , Produces educational shows and animals are happy aussi Produces helpful for pet owners. It mirrors étroitement programming formats is Discovery’s Animal Planet . Their daily show, Animalist News, is hosted by Amberly Gochoel, Catie Wayne, and Alex Farnham.
Rev3Games is a Revision3 web television channel with shows about video games. The channel launched on March 13, 2012. Adam Sessler was the editor-in-chief and executive producer of Rev3Games until April 2014.
Seeker (media company)
Seeker is a digital network dedicated to the spirit of adventure and pursuit of wonder. It has a channel called Seeker Daily that uploads a new video every day, 5 days a week, about information related to our world. The network launched on March 3, 2014.
On May 3, 2012, Discovery Communications announced that it had entered into an agreement to acquire Revision3. The transaction closed on June 1, 2012. On December 5, 2012, Discovery launched DNews, with current stories about science and technology drawn from the Discovery website Discovery News.
On May 23, 2013, Discovery launched a sister site called TestTube .  It separates documentary-type shows from the main site, including the long-running Scam School, to better market the existing Discovery Channel . On May 30, 2013, Discovery acquired the company set up by Philip DeFranco , DeFranco Creative.  A new subsidiary was formed under Revision3 called Phil DeFranco Networks and Merchandise, which he will now work under as Senior VP.
On October 4, 2013, Discovery launched an animal-based sister-site called Animalist . It produces original shows about animals, to seeers of Discovery’s Animal Planet .
Production and distribution
Many of the shows are produced and owned by Discovery Digital Networks however some of DDN’s shows are produced independently. DDN handles the distribution and marketing aspects of these external shows, but does not produce the content. In February 2008 DDN completed work on its own studio where their own shows are recorded.
The shows have been distributed through a wide range of platforms and distribution partners, including Virgin America’s in-flight entertainment system, CNET TV, iTunes, Discovery.com, BitTorrent, YouTube, PyroTV, Miro, TiVo, Zune, Apple devices, Android and Xbox. The shows have also been distributed in wide variety of formats, including QuickTime, Windows Media Video, Theora, WebM and Xvid. An embeddable Flash/HTML5 player is also available. In September 2011, Revision3 programming began to air on cable television on the rebranded YouToo TV, the former American Life Network, which ended after the sale to Discovery Communications. In September 2012, DDN partnered with YouTube to create TechFeed, an original channel about technology made by DDN, featuring existing hosts. In March 2013, the company launched an official DDN Xbox 360 app for Xbox Live Gold members.
- Multi Channel Network
- List of YouTube personalities
- Jump up^ “DiscoveryDn.com WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info – DomainTools”. WHOIS. Retrieved 2016-08-21.
- Jump up^ Revision3 > About Us Archived June 14, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d “Discovery Communications to Acquire Top Digital Video Provider Revision3”. Discovery Communications(Press release). Silver Spring, Md. May 3, 2012. Retrieved May 4, 2012.
- Jump up^ “Discovery Digital Networks – YouTube”. Discovery Communications. Retrieved 2013-12-20.
- Jump up^ “Discovery Investing $100 Million to Merge Thrillist, NowThis, The Dodo in New Digital Venture”. Variety. Retrieved 2016-11-30.
- Jump up^ Bogatin, Donna (2006-09-25). “Kevin Rose: ‘kill your television’ and join me at Revision3”.
- ^ Jump up to:a b http://variety.com/2013/digital/news/discoverys-revision3-snaps-up-phil-defrancos-youtube-network-1200489614/
- Jump up^ http://corporate.discovery.com/blog/2013/05/23/revision3-launches-new-digital-network-testtube/
- Jump up^ http://variety.com/2013/digital/news/discovery-unleashes-cute-and-scary-animal-videos-channel-on-youtube-elsewhere-1200694484/
- Jump up^ https://m.youtube.com/user/TestTubeNetwork
- Jump up^ http://in.reuters.com/article/2015/03/03/discovery-digital-idINKBN0LZ1MT20150303
- Jump up^ “Archived copy”. Archived from the original on 2013-05-07. Retrieved 2013-03-24.
- Jump up^ “Revision3 Launches New Digital Network: TestTube” (Press release). 2013-05-23.
- Jump up^ http://revision3.com/blog/2012/10/08/revision3-launches-tech-feed/
- Jump up^ “Archived copy”. Archived from the original on 2013-03-29. Retrieved 2013-03-26.