Aziz Ansari: Buried Alive is a 2013 American stand-up comedy film written by and starring Aziz Ansari . It was shot at the Merriam Theater in Philadelphia in April 2013, as part of his 75-city “Buried Alive” world tour. 
Topics in the set include Ansari’s views on the institution of marriage, parenting and love. The set has the theme of a wedding, with Ansari wearing a formal suit with a white buttonhole . Ansari said Buried Alive was invaluable in her first two specials, Intimate Moments for a Sensual Evening (2010) and Dangerously Delicious (2012).
“This special is much, much different than my previous two,” said Ansari. “As I hit 30, my material got very personal as I grappled with the gravity of the adult world-love, marriage, babies, and more. HAVING Their Own and children? I couldn’t imagine Having a kid right now. After I like this sentence, I’m gonna drink an apple juice and watch Jurassic Park -if that’s a guy that’s Supposed to be ready to be a father, I’m very concerned. That’s what Buried Alive is about. ” 
The movie was taped during Ansari’s 2013 Buried Alive comedy tour across 75 cities around the world, including New York’s Carnegie Hall , London’s Hammersmith Apollo and the Sydney Opera House . 
Buried Alive was Ansari’s first special release to Netflix , where it debuted on November 1, 2013. It was released in all Netflix markets simultaneously, including Canada and the United Kingdom.  At the time of its release, Buried Alive was the streaming service’s biggest exclusive comedy special. 
Buried Alive was well received by critics. Erik Adams of the AV Club gives it an a- and called it “a spectacularly entertaining hour-plus of stand-up, but it’s also an intriguing bit of cultural anthropology. And to the members of his audience-and what turns up is just as often funny as it is heartfelt and penetrating. ”  Rolling Stone, which has been shown to be a mature side of Ansari, is still appealing to his younger fan base. “But old Aziz fans shouldn ‘
Patrick Smith of the Daily Telegraph , who has been writing the book for the first time since the beginning of his career. Carried off … Buried Alive bristled with topicality and wit. ” 
Buried Alive was nominated for Comedy Special of the Year at the 2014 American Comedy Awards . Louis CK ‘s Oh My God won the award. 
- Jump up^ Cipriani, Casey (October 30, 2013). “Watch: Aziz Ansari Explains His Favorite Racial Stereotype in a New Clip from Netflix Special ‘Buried Alive ‘ ” . IndieWire . Retrieved April 5, 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “Netflix Premieres AZIZ ANSARI: BURIED ALIVE, Today” . Broadwayworld.com . November 1, 2015 . Retrieved April 5, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Stelter, Brian (August 29, 2013). “The Comedy Lineup Expands on Netflix” . The New York Times . Retrieved April 5, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Adams, Erik (November 1, 2013). “Aziz Ansari Becomes the Malcolm Gladwell of stand-up comedy. (And that’s a good thing.)” . The AV Club . Retrieved April 5, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Ayers, Mike (October 31, 2013). “Aziz Ansari Gets ‘Buried Alive’ on Netflix” . Rolling Stone . Retrieved April 5, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Smith, Patrick (June 16, 2013). “Aziz Ansari: Buried Alive, Hammersmith Apollo, Review” . The Daily Telegraph . Retrieved April 5, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Reiher, Andrea (May 8, 2014). “2014 American Comedy Awards full winners list” . Zap2it.com . Retrieved April 5, 2015 .