Girlfriend’s Day is an American comedy-drama directed by Michael Stephenson and written by Bob Odenkirk , Philip Zlotorynski , and Eric Hoffman. The film stars Odenkirk and Amber Tamblyn and was released on Netflix on February 14, 2017.
- Bob Odenkirk as Ray
- Amber Tamblyn as Jill
- Rich Sommer as Buddy
- Toby Huss as Betcher
- David Sullivan as Sonnyboy
- Hannah Nordberg as Liz
- June Diane Raphael as Karen Lamb
- Stacy Keach as Gundy
- Andy Richter as Harold Lamb
- Larry Fessenden as Taft
- Natasha Lyonne as Mrs. Taft
- Alex Karpovsky as Styvesan
On June 4, 2013, it was announced that Bob Odenkirk would write and star as Ray, a greeting cards writer, in the comedy drama film Girlfriend’s Day, which would be directed by Michael Stephenson. Michael and Lindsay Stephenson would produce the film through their Magic Stone Productions along with Odenkirk and Marc Provissiero through their Odenkirk Provissiero Entertainment. On September 17, 2013, Amber Tamblyn joined the film to play a fan of greeting card writers. On November 23, 2015, Netflix acquired global distribution rights for the film, which was also co-written by Philip Zlotorynski and Eric Hoffman, and also produced by M. Elizabeth Hughes.
Principal photography on the film began on November 30, 2015 in Los Angeles.
The film was released worldwide on February 14, 2017.
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Bob Odenkirk To Write, Star In ‘Girlfriend’s Day’ For ‘Best Worst Movie’ Helmer”. Deadline. June 4, 2013. Retrieved December 31, 2015.
- Jump up^ Yamato, Jen (September 17, 2013). “Amber Tamblyn To Join Bob Odenkirk In ‘Girlfriend’s Day'”. Deadline. Retrieved December 31, 2015.
- Jump up^ Ford, Rebecca (November 23, 2015). “Netflix Nabs Chris Sparling’s ‘Mercy,’ ‘Girlfriend’s Day’ With Bob Odenkirk (Exclusive)”. The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved December 31, 2015.
- Jump up^ “On the Set for 12/4/15: Gal Gadot Grabs Her Lasso for ‘Wonder Woman’, Brad Pitt Wraps ‘War Machine’, ‘Resident Evil’ Team Finish Final Chapter”. SSN Insider. December 4, 2015. Retrieved December 31, 2015.
- Jump up^ Zemler, Emily (January 17, 2017). “How Bob Odenkirk Brought a Comic Sweetness to His New Noir Film Girlfriend’s Day”. Esquire.com. Retrieved January 17, 2017.