IBoy is a British science fiction teen thriller film on Netflix , starring Bill Milner and Maisie Williams .
Living in a gang ridden part of London, teenage boy Lucy who lives nearby. Lucy asks Tom to help her study for exams to which he happily agrees. Lucy’s brother unconscious and a group of masked thugs coming out of Lucy’s room, having raped her and recorded the event. Tom flees and attempts to call the police, but is shot in the head and rendered unconscious.
Tom awakens days later, with his doctor who is shaking his head. Later that day, Tom begins to hear transmissions and can visualize digital signals. Using his new found abilities, Tom and the others have had attacked Lucy and begins to take them down one by one. Meanwhile, Lucy has become a shutdown in with Tom as the source of hope as they enjoy a meal together for the first time since the incident. After a confrontation, Tom’s revenge grows and he tracks down those who give the orders to hurt Lucy and raids their leader’s home; Damaging their electronics and stealing their hidden cache of cocaine which tom plants on the attackers and tips the police off.
Furthering his vigilantism, Tom adopts the alias “iBoy,” texting Lucy that he’s going to set things right for her, posting his acts online, and working his way to take out more drugs that are coming in. During another raid, Tom gets trapped by the gang and is beaten severely but barely manages to escape. He stumbles his way home, but passes out in a park on the way, missing his exams and breaking a promise to Lucy. When he goes home, Tom’s grandmother is held to the gunpoint and the crime boss known as Ellman he’s been attempting to thwart threats. Lucy’s and his grandmother’s safety. Ellman and Lucy, who were kidnapped by those who assaulted her before.
Tom was driven to the kidnapping site, where he was able to call the police, but they were unable to find anything there. Lucy was able to get a gun away from the kidnappers, but was unable to escape before Tom and Ellman arrived. Though his powers were diminished due to his beating, Tom is able to overload everyone’s cell phones to explode, however, Ellman threw his away and flees outside. Tom attempts to subdue him with help from Lucy, but both are unable to do so until Tom unleashes a pulse from his brain; Knocking all of them out. Tom awakens later in the hospital with his grandmother by his side.
Going home again, Tom sees Danny (who had ratted him out to Ellman), who wants to pay Tom back for what he did to him. Tom rebuffs him, saying he never took down the person who recorded Lucy’s attack, suggesting it was Danny. Tom meets Lucy on the roof of their building, who’s made a picnic for the two of them and they share a kiss while looking out to the skyline.
- Bill Milner as Tom / iBoy, a teenager who suffers severe head injuries after a previous incident, and develops cybernatural powers
- Maisie Williams as Lucy, Tom’s classmate and love interest
- Miranda Richardson as Tom’s Nan
- Rory Kinnear as Ellman, an evil kingpin Who plan to get revenge is Tom’s violent and inexplicable powers by Manipulating _him_ into robbing The Bank of England
- Charley Palmer Rothwell as Eugene, a gangster who is a partner of Ellman’s
- Jordan Bolger as Danny, Tom’s classmate and best friend. Ellman’s Ellman’s Ellman
- Armin Karima as Ant, a gangster from Ellman’s group
- Helen Daniels  as Kelly
- Aymen Hamdouchi  as Cutz
- McKell David  as Hazzard
- Shaquille Ali-Yebuah  as Cass
- Leon Annor  as Keon
- Lucy Thackeray  as Michelle
- Oliver Coopersmith  as Ben
- Petrice Jones  as Shotgun
Early reviews of the film were mixed. Review aggregator website, Rotten Tomatoes Give it 60% rating, based on 10 reviews, saying “iBoy’s original premise and Maisie Williams’ strong performance are not enough to overwrite a narrative clichéd, too-serious tone, and overall glitchy execution.”  The Guardian has turned negatively, “This could work with humor – but not realist grimness. 
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e f g h “Watch iBoy (2017)” . Retrieved 23 March 2017 .
- Jump up^ “iBoy (2017)” . Retrieved 4 February 2017 .
- Jump up^ “iBoy review – smartphone superhero needs a fun upgrade” . 27 January 2017.