AJ + is an Al Jazeera Media Network (AJMN). The service is available on its mobile app (iOS and Android), YouTube , Facebook , Instagram , Twitter with written content on Medium . English, Arabic and Spanish languages versions are currently live.
Work on the channel started in December 2012, shortly after Al Jazeera established an office in San Francisco. The first YouTube channel was created on December 17, 2013, after a year of preparation in response to popularity of online news content among young people. The channel then had a soft launch on June 13, 2014. A full launch followed on September 15, 2014.
AJ + produces video and media directly to social platforms, through native apps on mobile devices (iOS and Android) and smart TV platforms (Apple TV, Android TV and Amazon Fire TV).
AJ + is separate from Al Jazeera’s other channels and satellite news channels, though it shares the network’s current 68 bureaus with other channels.
The channel is headquartered in San Francisco, California, in the expanded headquarters and studio of Current TV . The channel has branch offices in Doha, Qatar , Istanbul , Rio de Janeiro , Kuala Lumpur and Nairobi .  It also collects and creates content through freelancers in other areas of interest.
Despite being in the United States, Al Jazeera English . The channel has no hosts or anchors, and live reporting plays a lesser role. Most content is available on demand. [ Citation needed ]
AJ + offers news coverage from around the world, and also covers topics like lifestyle, culture and technology with very little text. Its videos range from 15 seconds to 10 minutes.
The channel is currently experimenting with various storytelling formats.  It supports a high level of user interactions in the app and its Facebook and Twitter platforms as well. [ Citation needed ]
An Arabic version of AJ was launched in 2015. There is also a test Spanish version of the channel based out of San Francisco. A Turkish-language version of the channel has also been discussed.
Videos from the channel are occasionally featured on the Al Jazeera English and, before closure ict, America websites have further Top has in-depth feature of That website if the website is covering the Sami topic.  
Al Jazeera Media Network Originally planned to launch an Internet-only TV channel in 2010 as share of ict social media strategy goal later est devenu pre-occupied with the Arab Spring . Internet-only for year Plans channel Were re-launched upon the launch of Al Jazeera America When Al Jazeera Media Network Had to geo-block MOST video from Al Jazeera English Including the channel’s live stream to Satisfy Concerns from cable and satellite providers in the United States. Was the move puts dissatisfaction with From Both viewers and Al Jazeera English producteurs and hosts. 
Also with the purchase of Current TV to use for Al Jazeera America, AJMN Acquired Current’s training headquarters in San Francisco qui was perfect for the kind of channel Al Jazeera wanted to build being white in the new media mecca of the San Francisco Bay Area and the building Is currently in the process of being upgraded to the Internet.
In January 2012 members of the social media network relocated some of its staff to San Francisco to focus on building AJ +. After months of research and numerous pilots, the AJMN executive management was convinced of the project and providing funding and resources to scale. AJ + is the first incubated project out Al Jazeera’s Innovation & Incubation Department. 
In January 2012, it was announced that Al Jazeera Media Network would establish an internet-only TV channel based entirely on line-based AJ in San Francisco to launch sometime in 2014.  The channel placed several test videos on YouTube in late 2013 Followed by a soft launch in June 2014 with a full launch with a mobile app later in 2014. 
The channel was announced on June 13, 2014, by Al Jazeera PR with several videos posted to YouTube and a new Facebook page which it refers to as the AJ + Community along with a new look.  The channel was soft launched during a presentation by Al Jazeera at the Global Editors Network summit in Barcelona . The channel soft start with the tweet “We can confirm that this is our first official tweet, because we have @AJPlus.Hello World :)”.  The tweet was partly a punishment of the first tweet sent out by the CIA earlier in the month.
In July 2014, the Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East, Europe, and the Middle East.  In August 2014, the channel branched out to Instagram .  On September 15, 2014, the channel launched fully with the release of its mobile app. AJ reshaped media in 1996 when it launched, Sept 15th marks the new phase of change with AJ + “. 
AJ + Español soft launched in April 2015 to start testing content in a different language.
According to Variety , in June 2015 AJ + became the second largest news producer on Facebook , after NowThis News .  They are the ninth largest video producer on the platform overall. 
On August 12, 2015, AJ + announced the appointment of its first managing director, Dima Khatib . 
In August 2015, AJ + released data showing that it has a 600% commitment rate on Facebook, making the network’s Facebook page one of the most engaged news brands in the world.  
In October 2015, AJ + announced that the channel had reached over one billion views across its platforms. 
- Real Time – Breaking and topical news published directly to social feeds, ranging in length from 30 seconds to three minutes
- In Depth – Video features, contextual backgrounds, monthly themes, and shows
- Animated Explainers
- Current Events
- AJ + Asks
- Short Docs – documentaries generally ranging in length from 6-10 minutes
- Video Journalists – Correspondent parts shot on location around the world.
- TED & AJ + – explainers in cooperation with TED
The AJ + Mobile App launched in September 2014 on iOS and Android platforms. The app employs a card and stack structure for navigation, and focuses on social engagement.
- Dena Takruri – Presenter / producer
- Francesca Fiorentini – Presenter / producer
- Tarek Abu-Esber – Presenter / producer
- Sana Saeed – Presenter / producer
- Imran Garda – Senior presenter / producer 
- Dan Ilic – Senior satire producer / presenter 
AJ + Al Jazeera and Al Jazeera matching features.
Awards and Honors
- In 2015, AJ + won a Webby Award for Online Film & Video, News & Information 
- At the 2015 Webby Awards, AJ was also honored in the categories of
- Online Film & Video, News & Politics: Individual Episode (Ayotzinapa Student Killings Ignite Mexico and the Internet) 
- Online Film & Video, Documentary: Series (AJ + Short Docs) 
- Mobile Sites & Apps, News (AJ + Mobile App) 
- In 2015, the AJ + Mobile App was a finalist for the Society for Design News ‘s Best Digital Design award 
- Al Jazeera English
- Al Jazeera America
- TouchVision – To train internet video news provider.
- RT America
- The Young Turks
- Jump up^ Janko Roettgers. “Al Jazeera is staffing up for the launch of its AJ + online video news network” .
- Jump up^ Hadas Gold. “Al Jazeera looks to the news with AJ +” . POLITICO .
- Jump up^ 5:46 PM ET (2014-10-28). “Hong Kong students demonstrate the art of protest | Al Jazeera America” . America.aljazeera.com . Retrieved 2016-07-02 .
- Jump up^ 4:05 PM ET (2014-12-02). “Bhopal tragedy: Toxic legacy of the world’s worst industrial disaster: Al Jazeera America” . America.aljazeera.com . Retrieved 2016-07-02 .
- Jump up^ Janko Roettgers. “An exclusive behind-the-scenes look at AJ +, Al Jazeera’s upcoming online news network” .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Janko Roettgers (2015-07-30). “Al Jazeera’s AJ + Finds Millions Of Eyeballs on Facebook” . Variety . Retrieved July 2,2016 .
- Jump up^ “MIPCOM Cannes: Al Jazeera to launch AJ + Online Channel”.
- Jump up^ Janko Roettgers. “Al Jazeera’s AJ + publishes first videos on YouTube” .
- Jump up^ “Look inside the AJ + lab” .
- Jump up^ “AJ + on Twitter” . Twitter .
- Jump up^ “AJ + Fellowship Program” . Archived from the original on August 5, 2014 . Retrieved August 8, 2014 .
- Jump up^ ajplus on Instagram
- Jump up^ Riyaad Minty (September 15, 2014). “DG of @AlJazeera – AJ reshaped media in 1996 when it launched – Seven 15th marks the new phase of change with @ajplus” . Twitter .
- Jump up^ “The Biggest Facebook Video Publishers In June | The Whip” . Blog.newswhip.com. June 2015 . Retrieved July 2, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Photo credit: Issak Photography Al Jazeera Media ” . Pr.aljazeera.com. August 12, 2015 . Retrieved July 2, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “How AJ + reaches 600% of its audience on Facebook | Media news” . Journalism.co.uk. August 5, 2015 . Retrieved July 2,2016 .
- Jump up^ 4 Aug 2015 (August 4, 2015). “Al Jazeera PR on Twitter:” Did you know on @Facebook, more people are engaging with @ajplus than @BBCNews @CNN and @vicenews combined.Http://t.co/TMhHHWYIDZ ” ” . Twitter.com . Retrieved July 2,2016 . External link in( help )
- Jump up^ October 12, 2015 (October 12, 2015). “AJ + passes one billion milestone” . Digital TV Europe . Retrieved July 2, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Al Jazeera America Launches Debate Program” Third Rail “with Host Imran Garda | Al Jazeera America” . America.aljazeera.com. 2015-05-14 . Retrieved 2016-07-02 .
- Jump up^ Ebony Bowden. “Al Jazeera fires comedian Dan Ilic for using studio to apply for The Daily Show” . Smh.com.au . Retrieved 2016-07-02 .
- Jump up^ “AJ +” . The Webby Awards . Retrieved 2016-07-02 .
- Jump up^ “Ayotzinapa Student Killings Ignite Mexico and the Internet” . The Webby Awards . Retrieved 2016-07-02 .
- Jump up^ “AJ + Short Docs” . The Webby Awards . Retrieved 2016-07-02 .
- Jump up^ “AJ +” . The Webby Awards . Retrieved 2016-07-02 .
- Jump up^ 8:00 pm “World’s Best-Designed Digital Finalists | SNDDC 2015 Workshop” . Snd.org . Retrieved 2016-07-02 .