ABC iview is a video on demand and catch-up TV services run by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation . Currently viewing video content can only be viewed by users in Australia.  Now iview attracts around 50 million plays monthly and accounts for around half of the total time streamed by Australian TV video services. 
Content and programming
ABC iview Provides on-demand access to Almost all the TV programs That are broadcast are ABC TV linear broadcast channels (ABC, ABC2 , ABC me , ABC Kids , ABC News 24 ), as well as simulcast live streams Of Those channels and original happy And programs acquired exclusively for ABC iview.
Programs are categorized by these genres:
- Arts and culture
- News and current affairs
- Panel and discussion
In September 2015, the ABC added a dedicated Arts channel to iview. 
Some shows premiere on Rake and the BBC ‘ s Class .  
After running for Several months in beta form under the name “ABC Playback”, the department est devenu available as a Flash website is 24 July 2008.  Reviews This was the next step after-the video podcast of ABC TV programs since July 2006.
The iview Flash website was redesigned in 2009 and 2010, to cater for a large increase in content.
An iOS app for iPads was launched in December 2010, followed by a mobile version for iPhone in June 2012. An iview Android app supporting phones and tablets on Android 4.0.3 and above was released on 18 December 2013. 
Over the next few years, Smart TVs, games consoles and other devices.
- From 2010, a live stream of ABC News 24 was made available on the iview website, and then subsequently on iOS and Android apps.
- In December 2015, a simulcast live stream of the ABC TV channel was added to the iview website, iOS and Android apps. 
- In July 2016, the ABC added simulcast live streams for all the remaining broadcast channels (ABC2 / ABC Kids, ABC3). 
In late 2008 the video player iview website was updated to allow for unmetering ( zero-rating ) by Several Australian ISP network through peering arrangements. The ISPs included Internode ,  iPrimus ,  Westnet , Apex Internet and Adam Internet . IiNet was able to offer iview unmetered without the peering upgrade. In addition, AARNet , Cinenet, and Comcen since offered unmetered access to iview.  ABC TV live streams and content not streamed using Adobe Flash (ie through the iPad and Internet connected TVs) is currently not unmetered, HOWEVER May this changes in the future. 
In October 2016, Optus added ABC to their zero-rating offer for Optus mobile customers. 
Devices and access
The iview website streams video at up to 650kbit / s in the H.264 format, and uses the HDS protocol, qui Makes it available to web browsers installed with Adobe Flash .
- Apple iPad (from 2010)
- Apple iPhone and iPod Touch (from 2012)
- Android phones and tablets on Android v4.2 and above  (from 2013)
- Sony Bravia
- Samsung Smart TVs (“Orsay”) (from 2011) & Samsung Tizen OS (from 2015)
- Panasonic Viera Cast (from 2011)
- LG Netcast (from 2011) & WebOS (from 2014)
- FreeviewPlus certified ( HbbTV ) devices (from 2014)
Video game consoles
- Microsoft Xbox 360 (from 2011)
- Microsoft Xbox One (from 2015)
- Sony PlayStation 3 (from 2008)
- Sony PlayStation 4 (from 2015)
- Telstra TV (from Dec 2015)
- Apple TV 4th generation (from March 2016)
- Fetch TV (from 2013)
Unlike the ABC’s podcasts, programs on the iview service are not officially downloadable and are only available to watch for a short time after the program has aired on the ABC. Previously, some Individuals Were ble to reverse-engineer the method que la Flash application uses to request videos from the streaming media servers  to allow programs Such As rtmpdump gold flvstreamer to download the videos for offline playing gold watch em in Another RTMP-supporting client (such as XBMC ). 
In 2012 the ABC feels a legal notice to the author of an open source program called Expired Python-iView qui enabled users to download videos from the ABC. 
- Internet television in Australia
- ^ Jump up to:a b “The Television Revolution Has Begun!” (Press release). Australian Broadcasting Corporation . 2008-07-24. Archived from the original on 15 September 2008 . Retrieved 2008-09-21 .
- Jump up^ “The ABC is now on Apple TV” . Business Insider . Retrieved 2016-10-13 .
- Jump up^ “ABC invests in ABC Arts channel” . Tv.press.abc.net.au . Retrieved 2016-08-24 .
- Jump up^ “Rake preview on iview” . Retrieved 2010-11-17 .
- Jump up^ “Prepare Yourselves, Class is coming to ABC2 and iview” . Australian Broadcasting Corporation . Retrieved 2016-10-19 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “ABC launches iview app for Android” . Australian Broadcasting Corporation . Retrieved 9 April 2014 .
- Jump up^ “ABC now live streaming” . Tv.press.abc.net.au . Retrieved 2016-08-24 .
- Jump up^ “ABC iview now live streaming all channels, plus more exclusive content” . Tv.press.abc.net.au . Retrieved 2016-08-24 .
- Jump up^ “Internode offers unmetered peering into ABC iview” (Press release). Internode . 2008-12-10. Archived from the original on 12 February 2009 . Retrieved 2009-02-19 .
- Jump up^ “iPRIMUS offers high quality ABC iview unmetered to all customers” (Press release). IPrimus . 2008-12-11. Archived from the original on 26 February 2009 . Retrieved 2009-02-19 .
- Jump up^ “iview unmetered on Selected ISPs” . Retrieved 2009-12-04 .
- Jump up^ ABC iview FAQs
- Jump up^ “Optus adds ABC iview and Stan to Mobile TV streaming” . Optus Media Center . 2016-10-31 . Retrieved 2016-11-16 .
- Jump up^ Andy Botting’s blog post on using ABC iview with XBMC
- Jump up^ GUI Applications for downloading iview videos at Wikia
- Jump up^ https://code.google.com/p/xbmc-boxee-iview/
- Jump up^ Australian Broadcasting Corporation (2012-08-07). “Python-iView” (PDF) . Jeremy Visser . Retrieved 2012-09-22 .