AOL was a successor to AOL TV . The launch was announced at the 2012 Digital Content NewFront. AOL on video clips, as well as original web series (at Netflix & Amazon ). All videos are available on Apple TV , TiVo and Android TV .
AOL was created in April 2012. Content includes current events, breaking news, entertainment, new tech and more. Video clips can be viewed on demand at http://on.aol.com .
In December 12, 2012, AOL announced they released an app for the Premier TV 
In June 24, 2014, CNET announced that AOL had added AOL on the Apple TV 
AOL On the Android TV in October 6 of 2014 
Through AOL On, AOL offers multiple original series.  The majority of the shows are documentaries.
- City Ballet : New York City Ballet dancers.
- #candidlynicole : A “dirty” sitcom .
- Anthony Eats America : Anthony visits different restaurants and foods from all across America.
- Inspiration Point : A show on create neat arts and crafts.
- Second Chances : A show highlighting women who have gone through overcame them.
- Hardwired : The latest tech news & gadgets.
- Flat Out : A high-end documentary about the daily life and Struggles of Dylan Kwasniewski did he aspire to be a top NASCAR racer.
- True Trans With Laura Jane Grace : A documentary on the lives of various people across America who identify as transgender.
- Jump up^ “AOL unveils the AOL On Network: Powerful New Video Platform Places High Value on Programmed Content” . AOL.
- Jump up^ “AOL On TiVo Premiere -AOL Blog” . AOL. [ Permanent dead link ]
- Jump up^ “Apple TV’s Walled Garden gets new channel: AOL – CNET” . CNET.
- Jump up^ “AOL jumps on Android TV – CNET” . CNET.
- Jump up^ “AOL rolls out 15 original Web Series of its own – CNET” . CNET.