Amazon Video is an Internet video on demand Service That Is Developed, owned and operated by Amazon.com . It offers TV shows and movies for rent or purchase and have share of Amazon’s Prime subscription, selected titles can be viewed Exclusively to full Premium Gold Premium Video members, qui in video viewing without full membership Allows Prime. Like competitors, Amazon has pursued a number of exclusive deals to differentiate its service, including a multi-year licensing deal with HBO in the United States. 
Launched on 7 September 2006 as Amazon Unbox in the United States, the service grew with its expanding library, and added to the Prime Video membership with the development of Prime. It was then renamed as Amazon Instant Video on Demand. After acquiring the local streaming and DVD-by-mail service LoveFilm in 2011, Prime Video was added to Prime in the United Kingdom, Germany and Austria in 2014, Increase in subscription fee. 
In the UK, Germany and Austria, Premium Video has been available for a monthly subscription of £ 5.99 or € 7.99 per month, continuing the plan of LoveFilm Instant.  The service was Previously available in Norway, Denmark and Sweden in 2012 aim Was discontinued in 2013.  On 18 April 2016, Amazon split Premium Video from Amazon Prime in the US for $ 8.99 / m  The Service aussi hosts Amazon Original happy Alongside titles on Video as well.
On 14 December 2016, Amazon Video launched worldwide (except for Mainland China, Iran, North Korea, Syria, Crimea) expanding its reach beyond US, UK, Germany, Austria and Japan. Among the new territories, the service was included with Prime in Belgium, Canada, France, India, Italy and Spain while for all other countries it was made available for a monthly promotional price of $ / $ / € 5.99 per month thereafter.  
The service debuted on September 7, 2006 as Amazon Unbox in the United States.  On September 4, 2008, the service was renamed Amazon Video on Demand.   As of August 2014 the service is no longer available for downloading. On February 22, 2011, the service rebranded as Amazon Instant Video and added access to 5,000 movies and TV shows for Amazon Prime members.   On September 4, 2012, Amazon signed a deal with pay TV channel Epix to feature movies on Their streaming service in a move to rival Their competitor Netflix .  Additionally, in November 2013, Amazon Prime the Alpha House and Betas , which are original series available exclusively via the Prime Instant Video service. Amazon offered the first three episodes of both series at once for free, with each subsequent episode released weekly thereafter for Prime members. 
In February 2014, Amazon annoncé que le streaming services of ict UK subsidiary LoveFilm Would Be folded into the Instant Video Service on 26 February 2014.   In January 2015, Transparent est devenu the first show produced by Amazon Studios to win a The Golden Globe Award for Best Television Series – Musical or Comedy . 
On July 30, 2015, Amazon announced that they had hired Jeremy Clarkson , Richard Hammond , and James May to produce an untitled motoring show for Amazon Prime Video that would later be named The Grand Tour. Neither Jeff Bezos nor Amazon.com had stated how much Clarkson, Hammond, or W. Chump & Sons , but Jeff Bezos stated that the deal was “very expensive, but worth it” .  The budget for the show has not been officially announced, but Andy Wilman , The top executive producer of Top Gear stated that each episode would have a budget of around £ 4.5 million, nine times larger than Top Gear’s budget.  Also in July, Amazon announced plans to expand the service into India . 
In September 2015 the word “Instant” was dropped from its title in the US, and it was renamed simply Amazon Video.  In November 2016, the Wall Street Journal reported that Amazon was pursuing streaming rights to US professional sports leagues to further differentiate the service.   
Amazon announced in November 2016 that it planned to stream The Grand Tour globally, which led to speculation over whether the full Amazon Video service would begin a wider international rollout to compete with Netflix .   On December 14, 2016, Amazon Video expanded into 200 additional countries. 
In January 2017, Amazon announced the first branded on-demand subscription service for Amazon Channels , the company’s streaming partners program. The channel, Anime Strike , will feature more than 1,000 episodes and movies for a $ 4.99 per month subscription fee. 
Depending on the device, Amazon supports up to 4K (UHD) and High Dynamic Range (HDR) streaming. UHD / HDR rolled out with its original content.  Other titles support 1080p (HD) streaming with 5.1 Dolby Digitalor Dolby Digital Plus audio. The titles are available for purchase (and not included in the Amazon Prime subscription), the HD option is often offered at an additional price.
Amazon Video is available worldwide (except for Mainland China, Iran, North Korea, Syria, Crimea).   INITIALLY It was available only to residents of the United States, United Kingdom, Japan, Germany and Austria,   Causing customers living outside Amazon Video’s available countries to increasingly use VPN to get around the geographical restrictions. 
Customers of Amazon Video can stream on the web using an HTML5 player (supported in Chrome, IE11 and Microsoft Edge ). In Firefox and Safari, only Microsoft Silverlight  is supported.
Amazon’s “Fire” devices, smart phones, tablets, PCs, and various TVs, Blu-ray players and consoles with a broadband connection. TVs supporting the service include LG, Panasonic, Samsung, and Sony. Sony TVs supporting Android TV include the Amazon Video app. Supporting Amazon Video Consoles include recent PlayStation , Xbox , Wii and Wii U .
On October 1, 2015, Amazon announced that Chromecast and Apple TV products were banned from its online marketplace effective October 29, 2015. Amazon ecosystem . 
|Amazon.com||Kindle Fire||Tablet||1080p||Up to Dolby Atmos support|
|Fire Phone||smartphone||1080p||N / A||Discontinued on Amazon website|
|Fire TV||Digital media player||Up to 4K||Up to Dolby Digital 7.1 support|||
|Fire TV Stick||Up to 1080p|
|Apple Inc.||iPhone||smartphone||Up to 1080p||N / A|
|iPad||Tablet||Up to 4K||Up to loudspeaker support|| |
|Apple TV||Digital media player||1080p||N / A||Compatible with an iOS device in AirPlay , application itself coming in 2017|
|Android||Mobile operating system||Varies||Application available on Google Play . Varies through device and version.|||
|LG||2010+ models||Smart television||Only select 2010 LG Smart TV and Blu-ray player models and up|
|NVIDIA||SHIELD TV||Digital media player||4K HDR||16GB World’s most advanced streaming media player|
|NVIDIA||SHIELD TV Pro||Digital media player||500GB World’s most advanced streaming media player|
|Microsoft||Xbox 360||Home video game console||Up to 1080p||Up to Dolby Digital 5.1 support||May vary according to console specifications and models|
|Xbox||Up to 1080p||7.1 surround sound support|
|Nintendo||Wii||480i||N / A|
|Wii U||720p||5.1 Linear PCMAnalog stereo|||
|DSi||Handheld game console||N / A||N / A||Any model|
|Roku||Roku||Digital media player||Up to 1080p||HDMI out|||
|Roku 2||Up to 1080p|
|Roku LT||Up to 720p|
|Roku 3||Up to 1080p|
|Roku 4||Up to 4K|
|Samsung||2010+ models||Smart television||Varies||Samsung Smart TV and Blu-ray player models and up|
|Sony||BRAVIA||2015+ Android TV||Up to 4K||Up to Dolby Digital 7.1|||
|PlayStation 3||Home video game console||1080p||LCPM Dolby Digital 5.1|||
|PlayStation 4||1080p | HDMI||N / A|||
|PlayStation Vita||Handheld game console||nHD||Stereo|
|PlayStation TV||microconsole||HDMI out||2-channel LCPM|
- List of original programs distributed by Amazon
Awards and nominations
|2017||Diversity in Media Awards||Broadcaster of the Year||Amazon Video UK||Nominated|
- Jump up^ Kleinman, Alexis (2014-04-23). “Amazon Prime Just Got Way Better With A Ton Of Old HBO Shows” . The Huffington Post . Retrieved 2014-04-23 .
- Jump up^ Lythe, Ruth (February 26, 2014). “Amazon Prime customers angered to unwanted upgrades as internet giant hikes cost of subscription by £ 30 a year” . Daily Mail .
- Jump up^ Amazon Prime, Prime is Fast Delivery and More, Looking for the Prime Video Monthly Membership? “After your free trial, Prime Video is just £ 5.99 / month. You can cancel your membership at any time”. Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- Jump up^ Lawler, Ryan. “Amazon’s LOVEFiLM Sweaters Its Subscription DVD And Streaming Service Out Of Scandinavia” . TechCrunch.
- Jump up^ Video streaming race heats up, Amazon now offers its Prime Video service independent of $ 8.99 / mo9 to 5 Mac, April 18, 2016
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Amazon – Press Room – Press Release” . Phx.corporate-ir.net . Retrieved 14 December 2016 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Amazon Prime Video Live in India; Value for Your Money at Rs 499” . TheQuint.Com . Retrieved 14 December 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Amazon.com Investor Relations: Press Release” . Corporate-ir.net .
- Jump up^ “Amazon Media Room: News Release” . Corporate-ir.net .
- Jump up^ “Amazon.com Help: Amazon Instant Video” . Amazon.com .
- Jump up^ Christina Warren2011-02-22 12:45:05 UTC (2011-02-22). “HANDS ON: Amazon’s Prime Instant Video” . Mashable.com . Retrieved 2013-11-27 .
- Jump up^ “Amazon Media Room: Press Releases” . Corporate-ir.net .
- Jump up^ Bloomberg News. September 4, 2012. “Amazon Adds Movies to Streaming Service in New Challenge to Netflix.” http://adage.com/article/media/amazon-adds-epix-movies-streaming-service/237003/
- Jump up^ “Amazon’s Original Series” Alpha House “Debuts Friday” . The Motley Fool. Associated Press . Retrieved 25 November 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Amazon takes on Netflix with rebrand of LoveFilm video-on-demand service” . The Guardian . Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- Jump up^ Mance, Henry (February 21, 2014). “Lovefilm streaming service”. Retrieved 21 February 2014 .
- Jump up^ “AMAZON.COM ANNOUNCES FOURTH QUARTER SALES UP 15% TO $ 29.33 BILLION” (XBRL) . United Securities and Exchange Commission. January 29, 2015.line feed character inat position 7 ( help )
- Jump up^ “Amazon boss says Jeremy Clarkson’s Top Gear follow-on show ‘expensive but worth it ‘ ” . The Guardian. The Guardian . Retrieved 16 August 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May’s new Amazon Prime show has an absolutely insane budget” . Independent.co.uk . Retrieved 7 August 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Amazon readies $ 5 billion chest for bigger play in India, to launch subscription-based ecommerce services” . Economic Times . Retrieved 22 July 2015 .
- Jump up^ Soper, Taylor. “Amazon drops ‘Instant’ from ‘Instant Video,’ streamlining its streaming brand . GeekWire . Retrieved 5 September 2015 .
- Jump up^ Spangler, Todd (November 21, 2016). “Amazon Wants Live-Streaming Sports Rights for Prime Video, But What Will It Really Be Able To Secure?” . Variety . Retrieved November 23, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Shalini, Ramachandran (November 22, 2016). “Amazon Explores Possible Premium Sports Package With Prime Membership: Has held talks for live game rights with leagues including NBA, MLB, NFL and MLS” . The Wall Street Journal . Retrieved November 23, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Crum, Rex (November 22, 2016). “Biz Break: The best video service ever” . San Jose Mercury News . Retrieved November 23, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Amazon Prime Video is finally going to give Netflix some serious competition” . TechCrunch . Retrieved 18 November 2016 .
- Jump up^ Ingram, Matthew (November 18, 2016). “Amazon Is Gunning for Netflix with Global Launch of Prime Video” . Fortune.com . Fortune Magazine . Retrieved December 9, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Amazon Takes Video Streaming Global Service in Challenge to Netflix” . The Hollywood Reporter . Retrieved 27 December2016 .
- Jump up^ Spangler, Todd (2017-01-12). “Amazon Launches Anime Channel for $ 5 Per Month, Its First Branded Subscription Channel” . Variety . Retrieved 2017-01-13 .
- Jump up^ Edwards, Luke. “Amazon is going 4K and bringing Prime Instant Video to Android” . Pocket-lint .
- Jump up^ Patrick, Nick. “Where Can You Get Amazon Prime Video?” . Stream Sidekick .
- Jump up^ Filme und Serien kaufen, Amazon.de. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Jump up^ “Amazon Prime Video Not Available In Your Country? Here’s How To Get It” . Wtvpc.com . Retrieved 2016-08-23 .
- Jump up^ Amazon Plans an Online Store for Movies and TV Shows
- Jump up^ “Amazon Will Ban Sale of Apple, Google Video-Streaming Devices” . Bloomberg News . October 1, 2015 . Retrieved 1 October 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Amazon Fire TV” . Amazon.com .
- Jump up^ “Amazon’s Instant Video iOS app now lets you stream to Apple TV via AirPlay – Tech News and Analysis” . Gigaom.com. 2013-09-17 . Retrieved 2013-11-27 .
- Jump up^ “What are the production costs for Top Gear?” . Quora .
- Jump up^ Amazon Brings Prime Instant Video To All Android Phones In US, UK And Germany. Sep 9, 2014 Sarah Perez
- ^ Jump up to:a b Lardinois, Frederic. May 29, 2012. “Amazon Instant Video Comes to Xbox 360.” http://techcrunch.com/2012/05/29/amazon-instant-video-comes-to-xbox-360/
- Jump up^ Roku. “Roku – Streaming TV & Media Player” . Roku .
- Jump up^ “Sony Electronics Offers Extensive 4K Ultra HD Home Entertainment Solutions with New 2015 TV Lineup” .
- Jump up^ Buser, Jack (April 3, 2012). “PS3: The First Console to Offer Amazon Instant Video” . PlayStation.blog . Retrieved June 15,2012 .