Horace H. Dediu (born February 25, 1968)  is a Romanian-American industry analyst with a focus on mobile phones and especially Apple Inc.
He is known for his analysis of Apple’s business strategy and predictions of their financials. 
He hosts the talk show The Critical Path on 5by5 Studios and blogs at asymco.com .
Early life and education
Dediu was born in Romania , then went to high school in Medford , Massachusetts , after his parents emigrated to the United States.
After receiving a Master of Science degree in Computer Engineering from Tufts University , located in Medford, he received a Master of Business Administration degree from Harvard University , located in Cambridge , Massachusetts.  He was a student of Clayton Christensen , and frequently cites Christensen in his podcasts and on his website. 
Dediu was an analyst for Nokia in Helsinki , Finland , from February 2001 to April 2009, (with responsibility for Research in Motion and Microsoft ). 
He founded Asymco in April 2010.
Dediu also writes for the Harvard Business Review ,  and is often interviewed by other news sources as an Apple expert.  
- List of Harvard University people
- List of non-fiction writers
- List of people from Massachusetts
- List of Tufts University people
- US Public Records IndexVol 1 (Provo, UT: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.), 2010.
- Elmer-DeWitt, Philip. “The New King of Apple Analysts” . Fortune . Retrieved 29 October 2011 .
- People of asymco. “Asymco.com” . Retrieved 29 October 2011 .
- Dediu, Horace. “Clayton Christensen and Siri” . Asymco.com . Retrieved 29 October 2011 .
- Dediu, Horace. “Google’s Strategic Mistakes Drove Motorola Buy” . Harvard Business Review . Retrieved 29 October 2011 .
- Carmody, Tim (October 17, 2011). “What Apple’s Big Weekend Means in the Global Smartphone Market” . Wired . Retrieved 29 October 2011 .
- Hardawar, Devindra. “Apple Now World’s No. 1 Smartphone Vendor, Has More Cash than US Gov.” . VentureBeat . Retrieved 29 October 2011 .