The After is an American science fiction drama pilot created by Chris Carter for Amazon Studios . Along with Bosch , the first episode was one of two drama pilots Amazon released online in February 2014. Viewers were allowed to offer their opinions about the pilot before the studio. 
The pilot was ordered in August 2013 and published on February 6, 2014.   On March 12, Amazon ordered The After to series.  The first season would have consisted of eight episodes, released in four two-hour installments.  On January 5, 2015, Amazon canceled the show without shooting another episode beyond the pilot. 
Although most of the stories have been written in a series of short stories, this book has been written in a series of short stories.  
- Aldis Hodge as Dee 
- Andrew Howard as McCormack 
- Arielle Kebbel as Tammy 
- Jamie Kennedy as Dave 
- Sharon Lawrence as Francis 
- Sam Littlefield as Dark Shadow 
- Louise Monot as Gigi 
- Jaina Lee Ortiz as Marly Muñoz 
- Adrian Pasdar as Wade 
The After Was annoncé first in August 2013, breaking creator Chris Carter’s 11-year absent from TV partner after the finding of The X-Files .  The pilot was originally made available on Amazon on February 6, 2014 and viewers were able to assess the final product and offer feedback before the studio made a final decision about a pick-up series.  The Aftersubsequently received an eight episode order for the first season, Which would-have premiered in February 2015. 
Carter HAS Stated That he hopes the series will run for a total of 99 episodes, and That He Has used Dante Alighieri’s epic poem The Divine Comedy (qui features exactly 99 cantos ) as His model for the show.  In January 2015, Amazon Studios canceled the order of the series. 
Following the show’s abrupt cancellation, Carter said: “It might have taken us 11 years to make 99 episodes, in my mind.” I wanted to do the Inferno, as I should say, all of Dante. Try to mimic the 99 cantos.It was a tough sell.It was eight characters in hell, basically.I think that’s the reason we parted ways. ”  He also cited creative differences with Amazon’s executives saying: “With” The After “I wanted to do Dante, I wanted to do the” Inferno “and it’s not a genre. If you do not know what you are doing, then you will not be able to do it. S ever seen before it’s frightening. And I can understand that. ” 
During The X-Files revival promotion, Carter said: “I think it was just a difference of opinion about the direction of the show. I can understand their reluctance, but I do not know what I am doing, , And I still think I had eight great episodes. ” 
Roy Price, Amazon.co.uk also has a similar statement about the show: “Not everything works out, it was not the money, it was a tough concept, and hard to crack. 
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Porter, Rick (October 31, 2013). “Amazon orders Michael Connelly pilot ‘Bosch, details’ X-Files’ creator’s’ The After ‘ ” . Zap2It . Retrieved December 4, 2013 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Andreeva, Nellie (August 26, 2013). “Chris Carter’s Drama ‘The After’ Gets Pilot Order At Amazon” . Deadline . Retrieved December 4, 2013 .
- Jump up^ Hibberd, James (February 6, 2014). “Amazon’s new pilots released: Judge for yourself”. Entertainment Weekly . Retrieved February 7, 2014 .
- Jump up^ Andreeva, Nellie (March 12, 2014). “Four Amazon Pilots Go To Series, 1 On Hold” . Deadline . Retrieved March 13, 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Ng, Philiana (July 12, 2014). “Chris Carter Modeling Amazon’s ‘The After’ with 99-Episode Goal” . The Hollywood Reporter . Retrieved July 14, 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Amazon kills Chris Carter’s The After Without shooting a single new episode” .
- Jump up^ Willmore, Alison (October 31, 2013). “Amazon Makes It Official: ‘Bosch’ and Chris Carter’s ‘The After’ Will Be Its First Two Drama Pilots to Be Tested Online” . Indie Wire . Retrieved December 4, 2013 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Andreeva, Nellie (October 3, 2013). “Chris Carter’s Amazon Pilot ‘The After’ Nabs Jamie Kennedy, Adrian Pasdar, Aldis Hodge” . Deadline . Retrieved December 4, 2013 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d Andreeva, Nellie (October 7, 2013). “Quartet Join Amazon Drama Pilot ‘The After’, ‘Bosch’ Casts One ‘ . Deadline . Retrieved December 4, 2013 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Shows A-Z – after, is the amazon” . The Futon Critic . Retrieved December 4, 2013 .
- Jump up^ “No happily ever” AFTER “for Chris Carter series” . Fangoria . January 5, 2015 . Retrieved February 28, 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Chris Carter tells the truth about The X-Files’ return . Vancouver Sun .
- Jump up^ “Interview: Chris Carter talks ‘X-Files,’ maintaining mystery of Mulder, Scully . Brand On Sun .
- Jump up^ Lesley Goldberg (January 15, 2016). “Chris Carter on Why Amazon Scrapped ‘The After’ – and What’s Next – Hollywood Reporter” . The Hollywood Reporter .
- Jump up^ Lacey Rose (3 August 2015). Woody Allen, ‘Top Gear’ Controversies – Hollywood Reporter ” . The Hollywood Reporter .