Bosch is an American police procedural web television series produced by Amazon Studios and Fabrik Entertainment. It stars Titus Welliver as Los Angeles Police detective Harry Bosch . The show Was Developed for Amazon by Eric Overmyer  and the first season icts takes inspiration from three of Michael Connelly ‘s novels: City of Bones , Echo Park , andThe Concrete Blonde .
It is one of two drama pilots that have a lot to offer.  On March 12, 2014, Amazon.com ordered a full season to appear on Amazon Prime , and the season premiered on February 13, 2015. 
On March 18, 2015, Bosch was renewed for a second season,  which takes inspiration from Connelly’s novels Trunk Music , The Drop , and The Last Coyote .  The second season premiered on March 11, 2016.
A third season, which adapts Connelly’s novel The Black Echo and elements of A Darkness More Than Night , premiered on April 21, 2017. On April 24, 2017 Connelly confirmed on his official Facebook page that a fourth season is currently being written.  According to Connelly, the plot will be largely based on Angels Flight with elements from Nine Dragons .
As the pilot opens, Bosch is tailing a suspect. Eventually cornering him in an alley, Bosch shoots the suspect when he reaches into his pocket. The incident is shown later in the episode in two separate flashbacks. When seen from Bosch’s point of view it appears that it is in the suspect’s hand that falls into a puddle. When the incident is recalled by the plaintiff’s lawyer during a wrongful death, there is clearly shown in the suspect’s hand and Bosch is shown planting a gun. Whatever really happened, he is cleared by the department. The Bosch is being sued by the family of the suspect in a wrongful death civil suit.
This article is part of a series of articles on the weekend shift, which is available in English and French. His dog found a human bone in the woods.
The bone leads to more bones and the coroner, the skeleton is that of a small boy who was horribly abused and beaten, then buried in the woods. The boy has been dead since at least 1989, and could have been anything from 10 to 12 when he died, but was so horribly treated that it was not absolutely how old he was. The details of the boy’s mistreatment – more than 40 broken bones, some having healed while others were relatively recent – and his death is so grisly that Bosch has to step away and go into the restroom to splash water on his face and sit down on Comode for a moment to regain his composure.
Amazon Studios announced on October 31, 2013 that it had given the green light to Bosch for production. The hour-long pilot starred Titus Welliver as Harry Bosch, with Annie Wersching , Amy Price-Francis , and Jamie Hectorco-starring. Henrik Bastin of Fabrik Entertainment was the producer and Jim McKay directed. 
According to Connelly, “a fair amount of changes” were made “to the world of Harry Bosch” “in making the shift from page to screen.” In the series, Harry “is 47 years old and a veteran of the first Gulf War in 1991,” when he was a member of a Special Forces team clearing tunnels, but he has now been a police officer for twenty years One-year exception when he re-upped with the Army after 9/11 , as many LAPD officers did. He came back to the force after serving in Afghanistan and again encountering the tunnel warfare. ” 
On November 4, 2013, the 13-day shoot began in Los Angeles , while Connelly kept a daily set newspaper. 
The pilot premiered on Amazon Prime in February, 2014 to allow customers to vote to decide if more episodes should be made.  In March 2014, Amazon announced that they had commissioned Bosch for a full series. 
All the episodes of the first season of Bosch were released for viewing on Amazon Video on February 13, 2015.  Portions of the first episode were changed from the pilot, including the addition of Mimi Rogers to the cast to replace Amy Price- Francis as plaintiff’s attorney Honey Chandler and the addition of a scene in which Bosch testifies in short and is questioned about his background by Chandler.
On March 18, 2015, Bosch was renewed for a second season.  On July 16, the series Was Nominated for the Outstanding Main Title Design award at the 67th Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Award , along with Manhattan , American Horror Story: Freak Show , Daredevil , Halt and Catch Fire , and Olive Kitteridge ; The award was won by Manhattan . 
On April 1, 2016, Bosch was renewed for a third season.   On October 16, 2016, Bosch was renewed for a fourth season. 
- Titus Welliver as Los Angeles Police Department Detective Hieronymus ‘Harry’ Bosch , a homicide detective in the Hollywood Division. Something of a renegade, Harry is an astute detective with a fundamental respect for rules and policy. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1
- Quinn Welliver as a teenager Harry
- Jamie Hector as Det. Jerry Edgar, Harry’s partner
- Amy Aquino as Lieutenant Grace Tickets, Harry’s immediate superior and his friend
- Lance Reddick as Deputy Chief Irvin Irving, West Office Commanding Officer
- Madison Lintz as Maddie Bosch, Harry’s teenaged daughter. She has a close relationship with her father (recurring season 1)
- Sarah Clarke as Eleanor Wish, Harry’s ex-wife, with whom he still has a cordial, if tense,
- Annie Wersching as Officer Julia Brasher, a rookie cop assigned to the Hollywood Division. She becomes involved with Harry, but comes into conflict with him when he realizes she makes up the rules as she goes along.
- Jason Gedrick as Raynard Waits, a serial killer and the suspect in Laurel Canyon
- Jeri Ryan as Veronica Allen, a manipulative form porn star married to an Armenian porn producer who is murdered.
- Brent Sexton as Carl Nash, a corrupt LAPD Homicide Detective, now retired, who oversees a team of villainous police officers while working as a security guard.
- Scott Klace as Sgt. John Mankiewicz, a Sergeant and Assistant Watch Commander at the Hollywood Division Station
- Troy Evans as Det. Johnson (Barrel), a senior homicide detective at Hollywood Division
- Gregory Scott Cummins as Det. Moore (Crate), Barrel’s longtime friend and partner
- David Marciano as Det. Brad Conniff, Robbery Homicide Division (season 2-)
- DaJuan Johnson as Off., Later Det. Rondell Pierce
- Robbie Jones as Off. George Irving, Deputy Chief Irving’s sound, a rookie cop later assigned to undercover narcotics (season 1-2)
- Steven Culp as Richard ‘Rick’ O’Shea, the politically ambitious Los Angeles County District Attorney
- Mimi Rogers as Honey ‘Money’ Chandler, a civil rights attorney
- Matthew Lillard as Luke ‘Lucky’ Rykov, an FBI agent with whom
- Yancey Arias as Los Angeles Mayor Hector Ramos (season 2-)
- Scott Wilson as Dr. Paul Guyot, a retired doctor whose bones of a missing boy.
- Alan Rosenberg as Dr. William Golliher, a forensic anthropologist who assisted Bosch with the identification of the bones
- Mark Derwin as Captain Harvey Pounds
- Abraham Benrubi as Rodney Belk, a lawyer who represented Bosch in his trial.
- Paul Vincent O’Connor as Judge Alan M. Keyes, a judge who presided at Bosch’s trial.
- Adam O’Byrne as Nate Tyler, an aggressive LA Times reporter
- Veronica Cartwright as Janet Saxon, Reynard Waits’ mother
- Deji LaRay as Off. Julius Edgewood
- Jason Sims-Prewitt as Off. Victor Rhodes
- Rose Rollins as Det. Kizmin Rider
- Shawn Hatosy as Johnny Stokes
- Erika Alexander as Connie Irving, Deputy Chief Irving’s wife and Off. Irving’s mother
- James Ransone as Off. Eddie Arceneaux, Off. Irving’s partner, involved in the ring of dirty cops led by Carl Nash
- Leisha Hailey as Off. Maureen ‘Mo’ O’Grady, also a cop in Nash’s ring
- Emilia Zoryan as Layla, the stagename of a dancer at Dolly’s in Las Vegas, Nevada and mysterious girlfriend to an Armenian porn producer who is murdered.
- Paul Calderon as Detective Santiago Robertson, a seasoned detective investigating the murder of a veter who has a history with Harry
- Paola Turbay as DDA Anita Delgado, who is trying the Holland case, and has a relationship with Harry
- Bridger Zadina as Sharkey, a young street boy
- Eric Ladin as Scott Anderson, a reporter for the Los Angeles Times following the Gunn murder case
- John Ales as Andrew Holland, a movie writer / director accused of murder
- Spencer Garrett as Fowkkes, Andrew Holland’s high-powered attorney
- Arnold Vosloo as Rudy Tafero, an investigator working for the defense on the Holland case
- Jared Ward as Jesse Tafero, Rudy’s younger brother and helper
- Beth Broderick as Judge Sharon Houghton
- Jeffrey Pierce as Trevor Dobbs, leader of a team of training men and women transiting illicit cargo through the Port of Los Angeles
- Max Arciniega as Xavi Moreno, a sniper who is part of Dobbs’ team
- Christopher Backus as Woody Woodrow, part of Dobbs’ team
- Brooke Smith as Captain Ellen Lewis, Hollywood Station
- Monti Sharp as the mysterious man on a bicycle in the Korea Town Killer (KTK) murders
|1||10||February 13, 2015|
|2||10||March 11, 2016|
|3||10||April 21, 2017|
Reviews of Bosch -have beens Generally positive. Metacritic gives the series a score of 71 ( out of 100 ) based on 16 critics. 
Cory Barker of TV.com wrote that the series is “rock-solid and enjoyable without ever making much of an attempt to push boundaries,” and praised Amazon Studios for “producing a show based on a book that somehow reproduces the experience of reading . ” 
Neil Genzlinger of the New York Times wrote that, despite an “impossibly long” “list of brooding, taciturn small-screen police detectives,” Bosch “proves gripping” because its “plotting and pacing … draw you in … like A good page-turner. ” 
Noel Murray of the AV Club remarked that “the best thing about Bosch is how well it catches Connelly’s Los Angeles,” while noting that the series’ biggest stumbling block is that stubbornly slow-paced ” Drip approach makes sense. ” 
Brian Lowry of Variety wrote that “the series has the texture and tone of an old-fashioned detective yarn,” but said that the transition from page to screen … proves too talky in places and clunky in others. He remarked that the show boasted “good casting and a strong sense of LA black”, but opines that the series “feels undercooked”. 
Hank Stuever of The Washington Post called Welliver’s performance “nicely built out of smirks and smolders,” and wrote that the show’s unvarnished, unglamorous LA is a far more intriguing, far more complex setting for a story. ” 
Brian Moylan of The Guardian Praised the ” black ” feeling of the show and regarded it a Step Above NCIS , goal Did not like the Similarities to too many other cop shows, calling the series “samey.” 
- Jump up^ Patten, Dominic. “Amazon Renews ‘Bosch’ for Second Season” . Deadline.com . Penske Business Media, LLC . Retrieved 22 March 2015 .
- Jump up^ Porter, Rick (October 31, 2013). “Amazon Orders Michael Connelly Pilot ‘Bosch,’ Details ‘X-Files’ Creator’s ‘The After ‘ ” . Zap2It . Retrieved December 4, 2013 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Moylan, Brian. “Amazon’s Bosch : Paint-by-Numbers Cop Show that’s way past its prime” . The Guardian .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Spangler, Todd (March 18, 2015). “Amazon Renews ‘Bosch’ Cop Drama for Season 2” . Variety . Retrieved March 18, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Braxton, Greg (March 18, 2015). ” ‘ Bosch’ series gets second season shortly after Amazon Prime Premiere” . Los Angeles Times . Retrieved March 18, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “season 4 confirmation on Michael Connelly’s official facebook page” . April 24, 2017 . Retrieved April 24, 2017 .
- Jump up^ “Prime Instant Video Greenlights First-Ever Drama Pilots”
- Jump up^ “BOSCH TV” . MichaelConnelly.com .
- Jump up^ Michael Connelly’s Set Journal
- Jump up^ “Amazon Launches Second Pilot Season” . BBC News. February 7, 2014 . Retrieved March 23, 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Amazon Studios” Orders Four Original Series £ ” BBC News, March 12, 2014. Retrieved March 23, 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Countdown to ‘Bosch’: Amazon’s First Drama to … – Hollywonk” . Hollywonk .
- Jump up^ “67th Emmy Awards Nominees and Winners” . Television Academy . July 16, 2015 . Retrieved November 23, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Connelly, Michael (April 3, 2016). “Bosch Season 3 Is A Go!” . MichaelConnelly.com . Retrieved April 3, 2016 .
- Jump up^ http://deadline.com/2016/04/bosch-tv-series-renewed-season-3-amazon-1201729958/
- Jump up^ http://www.ismyshowcancelled.com/article/2016-10-17/bosch-renewed-for-season-4/
- Jump up^ http://www.metacritic.com/tv/bosch/critic-reviews
- Jump up^ Cory Barker, “Amazon’s Newest Drama Is Like A Decent Book You Can not Put Down,”TV.com
- Jump up^ Neil Genzlinger, ” Bosch, ” The New York Times , ” The New York Times
- Jump up^ Noel Murray, “Amazon’s Bosch brings a beloved pulp to the screen,”The AV Club
- Jump up^ Brian Lowry, “TV Review: Amazon’s ‘Bosch’,” Variety
- Jump up^ Hank Stuever, ” Bosch ‘: Yet another doleful detective, this one goal might-have a box, “ The Washington Post