Crisis in Six Scenes is an American television series written and directed by Woody Allen for Amazon Studios .     Allen wrote and directed six episodes for the half-hour series, marking the first time he had done so for television. It is available exclusively on Amazon Video in United States, United Kingdom and Germany.
The series premiered on September 30, 2016,  to generally unfavorable reviews. Allen said in May 2016 that the series will consist of only one season. 
The series is set in the 1960s during turbulent times in the United States. A middle class suburban family is visited by a guest (played by Miley Cyrus ) who turns their household completely upside down.
- Woody Allen as Sidney Munsinger
- Miley Cyrus as Lennie Dale
- Elaine May as Kay Munsinger
- Rachel Brosnahan as Ellie
- John Magaro as Allen Brockman
- Becky Ann Baker as Lee
- Joy Behar as Ann
- Lewis Black as Al
- Christine Ebersole as Eve
- Gad Elmaleh as Moe
- David Harbor as Vic
- Margaret Ladd as Gail
- Michael Rapaport as Trooper Mike
- Rebecca Schull as Rose
|No.||title||Directed by||Written by||Original release date|
|1||“Episode 1”||Woody Allen||Woody Allen||September 30, 2016|
|2||“Episode 2”||Woody Allen||Woody Allen||September 30, 2016|
|3||“Episode 3”||Woody Allen||Woody Allen||September 30, 2016|
|4||“Episode 4”||Woody Allen||Woody Allen||September 30, 2016|
|5||“Episode 5”||Woody Allen||Woody Allen||September 30, 2016|
|6||“Episode 6”||Woody Allen||Woody Allen||September 30, 2016|
The deal with Allen was seen as giving Amazon a possible advantage in its competition with Netflix and television networks. The Golden Globe Award for the comedy-drama Transparent , another original series.  Allen had last written new material for television in the 1950s, when he wrote for Sid Caesar . 
In a May 2015 interview, Allen said that progress on the series had been “very, very difficult” and that he had “regretted every second since I said OK”.   Allen HAS Said of the series, “I do not know how I got into this. I have no ideas and I’m not sure where to begin. My guess Is That Roy Price [the head of Amazon Studios] will regret this. ”   
In January 2016, it was announced that the series would star Allen, Elaine May and Miley Cyrus , and that shoot would begin in March.  In February 2016, it was announced that John Magaro and Rachel Brosnahan had joined the cast.  In March 2016, Michael Rapaport , Becky Ann Baker , Margaret Ladd , Joy Behar , Rebecca Schull , David Harbour and Christine Ebersole HAD joined the cast of the series. 
For more information about this property, please contact the property manager. For more information about this property or to see our 25000+ properties in high resolution, enter your week-end and upload your new property or list below. Scarborough Road, Briarcliff Manor, New York . 
|This section needs expansion . You can help by adding to it . (October 2016)|
On review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes , the series has an approval rating of 19%, based on 43 reviews, with an average rating of 4.7 / 10. The site’s critical consensus reads, “Woody Allen’s filmmaking skills prove a poor fit for the small screen in Crisis in Six Scenes , a talk-heavy, unfunny, and overall disengaged production.  On Metacritic , which assigns a normalized rating, the series has a score of out of 100, based on 29 critics, indicating “mixed or average reviews”. 
Rodrigo Perez from The Playlist gave the series to D + on an A + to F scale, and described it as “Hamfisted and nearly unwatchable.” 
Allen has had openly expressed severe misgivings about the project.    At the 2015 Cannes Film Festival , Allen said in reference to the show, “It was a catastrophic mistake.” I do not know what I’m doing. To be a cosmic embarrassment. ” 
- ^ Jump up to:a b Littleton, Cynthia (7 August 2016). “Amazon Sets September Comedy Push, Reveals Title for Woody Allen Series” . Variety . Retrieved 7 August 2016 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Weinstein, Shelli (January 13, 2015). “Woody Allen to Create His First Television Series for Amazon” . Variety . Archived from the original on January 13, 2015 . Retrieved June 18, 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Steel, Emily (January 13, 2015). “Amazon Signs Woody Allen to Write and Direct TV Series” . The New York Times . Archived from the original on January 20, 2015 . Retrieved January 13, 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Jurgensen, John (January 13, 2015). “Woody Allen to Create TV Series for Amazon Studios” . The Wall Street Journal . Retrieved January 13, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Galloway, Stephen (May 4, 2016). “The Woody Allen Interview (Which He Will not Read)” . Retrieved May 4, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Levin, Gary (January 14, 2015). “Amazon momentum builds with Woody Allen series” . USA Today . Retrieved January 14, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Mike Fleming Jr. “Woody Allen Cannes Interview: ‘Irrational Man’ Director On His Life & Movies – Deadline” . Deadline .
- Jump up^ Goodman, Jessica (May 15, 2015). “Woody Allen Regrets Doing Amazon Series” . The Huffington Post . Retrieved May 15, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Massa, Antonia (January 13, 2015). “Amazon Signs Woody Allen to His First TV Show” . Bloomberg News . Archived from the original on January 13, 2015 . Retrieved January 13, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Mike Fleming Jr. “Woody Allen Amazon Series: Woody, Miley Cyrus & Elaine May To Star – Deadline” . Deadline .
- Jump up^ Hipes, Patrick (February 24, 2016). “John Magaro & Rachel Brosnahan Join Woody Allen’s Amazon Series” . Retrieved February 25, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Petski, Denise (March 16, 2016). “Woody Allen Amazon Series: Michael Rapaport, Becky Ann Baker & More Join Cast” . Deadline.com. Retrieved August 5, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Taliaferro, Lanning (March 8, 2016). “Woody Allen Filming on Scarborough Road” . Pleasantville-Briarcliff Manor Patch . Retrieved October 19, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Crisis in Six Scenes (2016)” . Rotten Tomatoes . Retrieved September 30, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Crisis in Six Scenes reviews” . Metacritic . Retrieved September 30,2016 .
- Jump up^ “Woody Allen’s Amazon Show ‘Crisis In Six Scenes’ is Nearly Unwatchable [Review]” . Theplaylist.net . 4 October 2016 . Retrieved 11 May 2017 .
- Jump up^ Massa, Annie; Soper, Spencer; Palmeri, Chris (January 13, 2015). “Amazon’s Woody Allen Hiring Underscores Video Risk” . Bloomberg News . Archived from the original on January 13, 2015 . Retrieved June 18, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Zeitchik, Steven (May 15, 2015). “Cannes 2015: Woody Allen Sings a Bleak Tune”. Los Angeles Times . Retrieved June 18, 2015.