” The Holy Trinity ” is the first episode of British motoring series The Grand Tour . It was made available exclusively through the Amazon Video streaming service, first on 17 November 2016 at 23:00 GMT . Jeremy Clarkson , Richard Hammond , and James May , who have already presented a trio on BBC Two motoring program. Top Gear , present the show. Production of the episode was handled by W. Chump and Sons , with executive production done by Andy Wilman , who previously served as executive producer of Top Gear .
Prior to Filming, Clarkson’s contract was not renewed by the BBC after he was involved in an altercation with a Top Gear Producer in March 2015, leaving Hammond, May, and Wilman to follow him in the show following the end of the series. Later in 2015, they signed a deal with Amazon to create an original series. Filming for the introduction and tent scenes took place in Los Angeles , California in September 2016. The episode features the trio introducing the new bits of the show, as well as their film. For the film, the trio traveled in three supercars to the Algarve International Circuit in Portugal, where they had timed laps performed by Jérôme d’Ambrosio .
The episode received very positive reviews from critics at its release. Critics have often noted similarities between the episode and Top Gear in their reviews. It attracted nearly two million viewers in its first weekend of release and was eventually made available to non- Amazon Prime members for free viewing from 23 to 26 December 2016.
Clarkson, Hammond, and May launch their new series with a film showing Clarkson leaving London to fly to Los Angeles where he meets Hammond and May. Irish rock band Hothouse Flowers plays “I Can See Clearly Now” as the trio drive to the Mustangs through the California desert to Rabbit Dry Lake, while being flying by the Breitling Jet Team . The trio greet the audience and viewers and also introduce the show’s tent.
Clarkson, Hammond and May testing three hybrid hypercars ; The McLaren P1 , Porsche 918 and Ferrari LaFerrari at the Algarve International Circuit in Portugal. After the first part of the film, Clarkson, back at the tent, introduces the “Conversation Street” segment, where the trio talk about a speeding ticket. Then the show’s new test track, the “Eboladrome” at RAF Wroughton , is Revealed, Where’s after- Ferrari 488 is driven, Clarkson test drives a BMW M2 , qui est Then taken around the “Eboladrome” by Their new driver, Form NASCARchampion Mike Skinner . Afterward, the “Celebrity Brain Crash” segment is introduced, featuring celebrities which are scheduled to appear on the show, but are all humorously “killed” before being able to take part. Jeremy Renner , Armie Hammer and Carol Vorderman all appear individually during this segment.
Returning to Portugal, Belgian race driver Jérôme d’Ambrosio performs timed laps in the hypercars. Clarkson makes a bet with Hammond and May that they will be able to demolish his house, if the McLaren P1 is not the fastest in a timed lap. The episode ends with the lap times being revealed back in the tent, showing that the P1 did not have the fastest lap. Clarkson ‘s “Opera, Arts and Donuts”, the third episode of the first season.
Filming and production
Prior to the filming of The Grand Tour , Clarkson, Hammond, and May presented BBC Two motoring program Top Gear , with Wilman handling the executive production.  In March 2015, it was reported that Clarkson had come under fire by the BBC for entering an altercation with Top Gear producer Oisin Tymon while filming for the show. The BBC thing not to renew Clarkson’s contract after news of the altercation came to light.  Hammond,  May,  and Wilman also left the program afterward.  Later in the year, the four signed a deal with Amazon to have an Amazon Video original series. Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos had described the deal as “very, very, very expensive” during an interview with The Daily Telegraph .  After the deal was made, the four also created their own production company, named W. Chump and Sons . 
“The Holy Trinity” marks Jeremy Clarkson’s return to presenting since his firing by the BBC.  Filming for the arrival in California and the studio recordings eu lieu is 25 September 2016.   Amazon has enabled HAD sweepstakes in July for customers to enter in order to get tickets for the tent recording of the episode.  Though it was the first episode to be aired, it was the second episode to have its studio recordings filmed; “The Operation Desert Stumble”, the second episode,  were filmed in Johannesburg, South Africa earlier on 25 July.  In October, It was revealed that the opening scene for the episode cost £ 2.5 million (equivalent to $ 3.2 million) to make, the most expensive scene made in television history.  Production of the episode was handled by Clarkson, Hammond, May, and Wilman’s independent production company W. Chump & Sons. Similar to Top Gear , Wilman served as executive producer.  The episode is presented, at maximum, in 4K Ultra HD , running at 23.98 frames per second with HDR .   Production of the episode was handled by Clarkson, Hammond, May, and Wilman’s independent production company W. Chump & Sons. Similar to Top Gear , Wilman served as executive producer.  The episode is presented, at maximum, in 4K Ultra HD , running at 23.98 frames per second with HDR .   Production of the episode was handled by Clarkson, Hammond, May, and Wilman’s independent production company W. Chump & Sons. Similar to Top Gear , Wilman served as executive producer.  The episode is presented, at maximum, in 4K Ultra HD , running at 23.98 frames per second with HDR . 
Release and reception
The Grand Tour is an Amazon Video original series and is exclusive to Amazon Prime members. It was scheduled for a November 18, 2016 release at 00:01 GMT ,  but was released an hour earlier on November 17 at 23:00 GMT instead.  The opening weekend for the episode Attracted about 1.954 million viewers in the 18-49 age range, Tripling That of the The Man in the High Castle , Reviews another show on Amazon Video.  Non-Prime members were able to watch the episode for free from 23 to 26 December. 
“The Holy Trinity” received very positive reviews from critics at its release.  Comparisons were often drawn to Top Gear by critics. Luke Reilly of IGN awarded the episode a score of 8.0 / 10, stating that the show had gotten off to a “confident start” with the episode and that it does not reinvent the Top Gear formula, but rather refines it.  Neela Debnath of the Daily Express complimented the episode’s similarities with Top Gear , feeling as though it was “basically like Top Gear on steroids.”  Jack Shepherd of The Independent had a similar feeling about the episode, labeling it as ”
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “Top Gear producer Andy Wilman quits show – BBC News” . BBC News Online . 23 April 2015 . Retrieved 9 January 2017 .
- Jump up^ “BBC – BBC Director-General’s statement regarding Jeremy Clarkson – Media center” . BBC . 25 March 2015 . Retrieved 9 January 2017 .
- Jump up^ “James May ‘will not return to Top Gear’ without Clarkson” . BBC News . 23 April 2015 . Retrieved 9 January 2017 .
- Jump up^ Quinn, James (16 August 2015). “Amazon’s Jeff Bezos: With Jeremy Clarkson, we’re entering a new golden age of television . ” Daily Telegraph . Retrieved 9 January 2017 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Juss, Mindy. ” ‘ The Grand Tour’ with executive producer Andy Wilman” . Edinburgh International Television Festival . Retrieved 9 January 2017 .
- Jump up^ Robehmed, Natalie (21 December 2016). “With ‘The Grand Tour,’ Amazon Bets Millions On Jeremy Clarkson’s Car Show” . Forbes . Retrieved 11 January 2017 .
- Jump up^ Perkins, Chris (4 August 2016). “Here’s How You Can Get Tickets To A US Taping Of The Grand Tour” . Road & Track . Retrieved 7 January2017 .
- Jump up^ Hoover, Tyler (27 September 2016). “Here’s What Happened At The Grand Tour’s Epic Launch Taping” . Jalopnik . Retrieved January 7, 2016.
- Jump up^ Silvestro, Brian (July 8, 2016). “The Grand Tour Is Coming to California, Here’s How to Get Free Tickets” . Road & Track . Retrieved 8 January2017 .
- Jump up^ Power, Ed (25 November 2016). “The Grand Tour episode two review: Operation Desert Stumble and Jeremy Clarkson is still off the leash – plus all the talking points” . The Daily Telegraph . Retrieved 8 January 2017 .
- Jump up^ Bowden, Ebony (18 July 2016). “Jeremy Clarkson’s The Grand Tour kicks off in exotic South African setting” . The Sydney Morning Herald . Retrieved 8 January 2017 .
- Jump up^ Westbrook, Justin T. (4 October 2016). “The Grand Tour’s $ 3.2 Million Opening Is Reportedly The Most Expensive TV Scene Ever” . Jalopnik . Retrieved 7 January 2017 .
- Jump up^ Wilman, Andy (25 August 2016). ” The Grand Tour Masterclass”(Interview). Interview with Elaine Bedell . Edinburgh: Edinburgh International Television Festival . Retrieved 7 November 2016 – via Youtube.
(2:01) … they want everything in 4k, they want it in HDR … (17:35) … a new server to deal with the 4k framerate, the 23.98. .. (22:18) first show … comes out at 70-odd minutes. … we’re trying to discipline ourselves to 60 minutes
- Jump up^ Foster, Alice (16 December 2016). “The Grand Tour: When does Clarkson’s new motoring show start on Amazon Prime?” . Daily Express. Retrieved 8 January 2017 .
- Jump up^ Power, Ed (November 22, 2016). “The Grand Tour, episode one: How Jeremy Clarkson’s new £ 160m show blew Top Gear out of the water” . The Daily Telegraph . Retrieved 8 January 2017 .
- Jump up^ Maglio, Tony (28 November 2016). “Amazon’s’ Grand Tour ‘Triples’ Man in the High Castle’ Viewers’ (Exclusive) . Retrieved 10 January 2017 .
- Jump up^ Schrader, Stef (22 December 2016). “Watch The Grand Tour’s First Episode For Free This Weekend” . Jalopnik . Retrieved 8 January 2017.
- Jump up^ Warner, Sam (18 November 2016). “The Grand Tour gets rave reviews from critics as Jeremy Clarkson and co make triumphant Amazon Prime debut” . Digital Spy . Retrieved 10 January 2017 .
- Jump up^ Reilly, Luke (November 23, 2016). “The Grand Tour: The Holy Trinity Review” . IGN . Retrieved 10 January 2017 .
- Jump up^ Debnath, Neela (18 November 2016). “The Grand Tour FORCE: Jeremy Clarkson does not disappoint with ‘Top Gear on steroids ‘ ” . Daily Express . Retrieved 10 January 2017 .
- Jump up^ Shepherd, Jack (18 November 2016). “The Grand Tour episode 1 review: The Best of Gear with a Bigger Budget” . The Independent . Retrieved 10 January 2017 .
- Jump up^ Wollaston, Sam (18 November 2016). “The Grand Tour review – Clarkson and co leave the BBC in their dust” . The Guardian . Retrieved 10 January 2017 .