Good Girls Revolt is an American historical drama web television series. It is based on the book The Good Girls Revolt , written by Lynn Povich and based on real-life events. The show was released on October 28, 2016, on Amazon Video .  
On December 2, 2016, Amazon canceled the series after one season.    
The series follows a group of young female researchers at “News of the Week” in the revolutionary times of 1969. Women in the newsroom are relegated to low-level positions. Many researchers are more talented and better educated than their male counterparts, and they are embedded in their stories, yet are paid less. The women have a sense that they are paid a lot less, and during the series it emerges just how much lower their pay is. This article is about the writer and the author of this article. The author of this article is the author of the article. . [ Citation needed ]
- Genevieve Angelson as Patricia ‘Patti’ Robinson 
- Anna Camp as Jane Hollander 
- Erin Darke as Cindy Reston
- Chris Diamantopoulos as Evan Phinnaeus ‘Finn’ Woodhouse 
- Hunter Parrish as Douglas ‘Doug’ Rhodes
- Jim Belushi as William ‘Wick’ McFadden
- Joy Bryant as Eleanor Holmes Norton
- Grace Gummer as Nora Ephron
- Leah Machelle Cohen as Vivian
- Daniel Eric Gold as Sam Rosenberg
- Teddy Bergman as Gabriel ‘Gabe’ Greenstone
- JP Manoux as JP Crowley
- Michael Graziadei as Gregory
- Alexander DiPersia as Noah Benowitz
|No.||title||Directed by||Written by||Original release date|
|1||“Pilot”||Liza Johnson||Dana Calvo||November 5, 2015|
|Patti Robinson could not be better. As a researcher at News of the Week magazine in 1969 New York, she enjoys exciting, intellectual challenges and the occasional quickie with her reporter boyfriend at work. But while navigating the social upheaval of the times, she encounters bold new ideas and actions that propel her into new territory that even she never dream of.|
|2||“The Folo”||Scott Winant||Darlene Hunt||October 28, 2016|
|Jane helps Sam nail down a challenging interview, while Patti’s aspirations cause a rift in her relationship with Doug. The girls expect a consciousness-raising meeting, where Cindy makes a discovery about herself.|
|3||“The Futures”||Scott Winant||Darlene Hunt & Dana Calvo||October 28, 2016|
|When Patti and Cindy are motivated to pursue their work in the workplace. Meanwhile, Cindy and Ned take their flirtationship up to a new level at work.|
|4||“Out of Pocket”||Dan Attias||Dana Calvo & Daniel Shattuck||October 28, 2016|
|Patti and Doug butt heads while Cindy gains a new sexual confidence. Finn returns home from a trip with his wife to find that Wick has disobeyed orders.|
|5||“The Year-Ender”||Gloria Muzio||Tracy McMillan & Dana Calvo||October 28, 2016|
|Patti invites her coworkers to a wild New Year’s Eve party that pushes them out of their comfort zone. Jane receives some bad news and makes a change, while Cindy visits Eleanor in Harlem.|
|6||“Strikethrough”||Minkie Spiro||Richard E. Robbins||October 28, 2016|
|Patti lets Doug is a member of the Eleanor family. Finn hires an eccentric new editor. Jane and Sam work on a tough field assignment.|
|7||“Puff Piece”||Daisy von Scherler Mayer||Bronwyn Garrity||October 28, 2016|
|Patti’s birthday party devolves into chaos and Jane feels excluded from the other girls. Finn and his new editor let loose on a boy’s trip.|
|8||“Exposé”||Roxann Dawson||Matt McGuinness||October 28, 2016|
|Jane asserts herself to the new editor but he presents her with a very unwelcome obstacle. Cindy reconsiders her marriage. Patti gets an opportunity to prove herself, but discovers she still has a lot to learn.|
|9||“Dateline”||Jennifer Getzinger||Darlene Hunt||October 28, 2016|
|Jane starts to question her loyalties and rallies for change. Patti finds herself in a love triangle. Jane and Sam help Naomi get a message to her husband in Vietnam.|
|10||“The Newser”||Scott Winant||Dana Calvo||October 28, 2016|
|As the girls prepare to file their complaint, the relationships with one another and the men in their lives are redefined.|
Good Girls Revolt HAS RECEIVED Generally positive reviews from critics, with MOST Comparing it to Mad Men and Some calling it a female Version of That show. On Rotten Tomatoes , a score of 71% was reported with its critical consensus saying: ” Good Girls Revolt features a compelling true story, told by a talented cast, even if the drama has not achieved Mad Men -level mastery”.  On Metacritic , a 66 out of 100 metascore was reported indicating, “favorable reviews”. 
- Jump up^ Andreeva, Nellie (December 18, 2015). “Amazon Picks Up 5 New Primetime Series & 3 Kids Series, Renews ‘Red Oaks’ & ‘Hand Of God'” . Deadline.com . Retrieved June 25, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Schwartz, Ryan (August 7, 2016). “Transparent Season 3, High Castle Season 2, Woody Allen Comedy and Others Get Amazon Premiere Dates” . TVLine .
- Jump up^ Andreeva, Nellie (December 2, 2016). “‘Good Girls Revolt’: No Season 2 At Amazon, Will Be Shopped Elsewhere” . Deadline.com . Retrieved December 2, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Goldberg, Lesley (December 2, 2016). ” ‘ Good Girls Revolt’ Canceled at Amazon; Will Be Shopped Elsewhere”. The Hollywood Reporter . Retrieved December 2, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Steinberg, Brian (December 2, 2016). “Amazon Will not Move Forward With ‘Good Girls Revolt'” . Variety . Retrieved December 2, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Deadline Hollywood, ‘Good Girls Revolt’ Is Officially Over After Rescue Efforts Fail, Says Creator by Nellie Andreeva, January 11, 2017, Retrieved Jan. 11, 2017.
- Jump up^ Patten, Dominic; Hipes, Patrick (July 13, 2015). “Genevieve Angelson Joins Amazon’s ‘Good Girls Revolt’ Pilot”. Deadline.com . Retrieved 25 June 2016 .
- Jump up^ Patten, Dominic (July 13, 2015). “Anna Camp Joins Amazon Pilot ‘Good Girls Revolt'” . Deadline.com . Retrieved 25 June 2016 .
- Jump up^ Petski, Denise (July 17, 2015). “Joy Bryant & Chris Diamantopoulos Join Amazon Pilot ‘Good Girls Revolt'” . Deadline.com . Retrieved 25 June 2016 .
- Jump up^ https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/good_girls_revolt/s01/
- Jump up^ http://www.metacritic.com/tv/good-girls-revolt