Hulu (stylized as hulu ) is an American subscription video on demand services owned by Hulu LLC, a joint venture with The Walt Disney Company (through Disney-ABC Television Group ) (30%)  21st Century Fox (through Fox Entertainment Group (30%), Comcast (through NBCUniversal ) (30%) and Time Warner (through Turner Broadcasting System ) (10%, minority stake).  
It is the first of its kind in the United States of America. It was found that the use of mobile phones and mobile phones by the Hulu mobile phones and mobile phones was a major concern. . The subscription service is in turn, divided into advertising-supported and mostly ad-free third parties. In 2016, Hulu spun out its free content into a joint venture with Yahoo! Called Yahoo! View  and launched a live television streaming service on May 3, 2017.
Hulu is offered to users in Japan and the United States and its overseas territories.
The name Hulu comes from two Mandarin Chinese words, húlú ( 葫芦 / 葫蘆 ), ” calabash , bottle gourd”, and hùlù ( 录 录 / 錄 錄 ), “interactive recording”. The company blog explains:
In Mandarin, Hulu has two interesting meanings, each highly relevant to our mission. The proverb that describes the Hulu as the holder of precious things. It literally translates to “gourd”, and in ancient times, the Hulu was hollowed out and used to hold precious things. The secondary meaning is “interactive recording”. We saw both definitions as appropriate and highly relevant to the mission of Hulu. 
Key executives instrumental in the founding of Hulu include Bruce Campbell,  Peter Chernin,  JB Perrette,  Michael Lang,  Beth Comstock and Jason Kilar . The venture was announced in March 2006 with AOL , Comcast , Facebook , MSN , Myspace , and Yahoo! Planned as “initial distribution partners”. Kilar was named CEO in June 2006.  
The name Hulu was chosen in late August 2007, when the website went live, with an announcement only and no content. It invited users to leave their email addresses for the upcoming beta test .  In October, Hulu began the private beta testing by invitation and invited users to invite friends.  Hulu lancé for public access in the United States on March 12, 2008.  The first product to launch Was the HULU Syndication Network, qui Was designed and developed by the NBCU team from New York, on October 29, 2007, followed by the Hulu.com destinations website.
Hulu started an advertising campaign during NBC’s Super Bowl XLIII with an initial starring Alec Baldwin titled “Alec in Huluwood”.  The adventure to humorously reveal “the shocking secret behind Hulu”, portraying the site as being an “evil plot to destroy the world” by suggesting that Baldwin is really an alien in disguise.  Advertisements-have since aired featuring Eliza Dushku , Seth MacFarlane , Denis Leary , and Will Arnett .
In July 2007, Providence Equity Partners , the owner of Newport Television , est devenu One of the Earliest “outside” investors by purchasing a 10 percent stake in the company for US $ 100 million investment equity ,  before the company Was Known As ” Hulu “.  With its investment in a seat on the board of directors, where Providence was an independent voice on the board.  In October 2012, Providence sold its 10 percent stake to “Hulu’s media owners” and this participation in the board. 
Early in 2010, Hulu Chief Executive Jason Kilar said the service had a profit in two quarters and that the company could top $ 100 million in 2009, more than its income for all of 2009. ComScore says monthly video streams reached 903 million In January 2010, over three times the figure for a year earlier,  and second only to YouTube . 
On August 16, 2010, a report revealed that Hulu was planning an initial public offering (IPO) that could cost the company more than $ 2 trillion.  
On June 21, 2011, The Wall Street Journal reported that an “unsolicited offer” caused Hulu to begin “weighing whether to sell itself.”  On October 13, 2011 however, Hulu and its owners announced that they would not sell the company, as none of the bidders offered an amount that was satisfactory to its owners. 
It was reported that in 2011, Hulu made $ 420 million. The figure was $ 80 million short of the predicted revenue.  The vacant CEO was officially filled by Fox Networks President Mike Hopkins on October 17, 2013. 
Following the start of its service, Hulu signed deals with several new content providers.
On April 30, 2009, The Walt Disney Company announced that it would join the venture, purchasing a 27 percent stake in Hulu. 
Fox streams episodes, including on Hulu, to be able to watch them the morning after the first airing. Non-subscribers will see those episodes delayed a week before they are viewable. 
On October 28, 2011, Hulu announced that they had a five-year deal with the CW , giving the streaming site access to next-day content from the six major networks. 
On September 18, 2013, Hulu announced a multi-year deal with the BBC that will deliver 2,000 episodes from 144 different titles in the first 12 months. 
In 2015, Hulu began offering content from Showtime for an additional $ 8.99 / month, which is cheaper than Showtime’s own streaming service.
On June 16, 2016, Hulu announced a deal with the Disney-ABC Television Group for the exclusive Disney Channel, Disney Junior and Disney Disney Channels, Disney Channel and more than 20 Disney Channel original movies. 
On September 18, 2016, the CW was removed from Hulu, as the CW’s own website and apps became the exclusive portals for streaming their shows during the current season, with Netflix becoming the exclusive streaming provider for the CW shows post-current season. 
As of January 2017 , a limited amount of content from CBS ‘s library is available on-demand, mostly limited to shows that are no longer producing new episodes.   On January 4, 2017 It was Reported That a deal Was atteint to bring live broadcasts of CBS and several affiliated channels to Hulu’s upcoming live streaming services  as well as to make more shows available on demand . 
Hulu subscription service
At an industry conference held on October 21, 2009, News Corporation Deputy Chairman Chase Carey stated that Hulu “needs to evolve to have a meaningful subscription model as part of its business” and that it would likely start charging for at least some content by 2010 .  Carey’s how jibes with other News Corp. Heads, including Rupert Murdoch who has expressed a desire to charge for a number of units. 
The monthly subscription Hulu Hulu Plus Service called Expired Was lancé in beta (preview) on June 29, 2010  and lancé officiellement on November 17, 2010.  Like the free version of Hulu, the content available with a Hulu subscription aussi Contains advertising. However, Hulu offers a wide range of services and facilities. A Hulu also offers a wider array of viewing choices. The free-access to Hulu, a Hulu, is the only Hulu-to-Hulu mobile phone available. A little more than a year after the launch of the Hulu subscription service, the number of paying subscribers reached 1.5 million.  In May 2016, Hulu reported it had reached 12 million subscribers. 
On April 29, 2015, Hulu announced to the press that they would leave with the “More” brand name to reduce confusion between the paid and free plans. 
The Wall Street Journal reported in July 2015 that Hulu was exploring an advertising-free subscription option for around $ 12 to $ 14 a month.  Reviews This was confirmed as going forward as of September 2, 2015, with a “No Commercials” plane priced at $ 11.99, $ 4 more than the $ 7.99 monthly rate for a “Limited Commercials” subscription,  though A Few highlight network Series (less than 10) would retain pre-roll and post-roll ad pods. 
On August 8, 2016, Hulu announced that it would be able to offer its services to its customers. In Yahoo!, the company announced a partnership with Yahoo! to move this free happy qui Primarily Consists of recent episodes of ABC, Fox, and NBC series, to a new website Known As Yahoo! View .   
Hulu with Live TV
In May 2016, Hulu annoncé That it planned to begin Offering an over-the-top IPTV Service with “live programming from broadcast and cable brands” some time in 2017.  In late 2016, co-owners and The 21st Century Fox Walt Disney Company, Inc .; Walt Disney Company, Inc .; 
Scripps Networks Interactive, and A + E Networks (encompassing networks such as CNN , Food Network , Disney Channel , A & E , MSNBC and ESPN ), with the Showtime OTT service available as an add-on for an extra fee. Currently, live happy from the major broadcast networks is limited to owned-and-operated station stations and affiliates based in New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago , San Francisco and Philadelphia ; Hulu representatives stated that they intend to negotiate agreements with independently-owned broadcasting groups to gain distribution rights to local stations from additional markets.     Features include the ability to create up to six users account profiles per a single subscription (with personalized program recommendations based on a user’s favorite programs and varying simultaneous streams depending on the package) Sports recommendations and a cloud DVR with between 50 and 200 hours of storage on the level of service (the lower-tier DVR does not have ad skipping functionality).         Features include the ability to create up to six users account profiles per a single subscription (with personalized program recommendations based on a user’s favorite programs and varying simultaneous streams depending on the package) Sports recommendations and a cloud DVR with between 50 and 200 hours of storage depending on the level of service (the lower-tier DVR does not have ad skipping functionality).         Features include the ability to create up to six users account profiles per a single subscription (with personalized program recommendations based on a user’s favorite programs and varying simultaneous streams depending on the package) Sports recommendations and a cloud DVR with between 50 and 200 hours of storage depending on the level of service (the lower-tier DVR does not have ad skipping functionality).     s favorite programs and varying, simultaneous streams DEPENDING on the package), personalized recommendations and sports a cloud DVR with entre 50 and 200 hours of storage DEPENDING on the level of service (the lower tier DVR does not-have ad-skipping functionality).     s favorite programs and varying, simultaneous streams DEPENDING on the package), personalized recommendations and sports a cloud DVR with entre 50 and 200 hours of storage DEPENDING on the level of service (the lower tier DVR does not-have ad-skipping functionality).    
Viewership numbers for the website are tracked by measurement firms Such As ComScore , Nielsen ratings , and Quantcast . In partnership with comScore, Hulu is the first digital company to receive multi-platform measurement at an individual level that includes co-viewing for living room devices. When factoring this in, Hulu’s reach among A18-49 increases 50 percent.
However, the reliability of these metrics has been drawn into question, partly due to widely divergent estimates. For example, between May and June 2010, ComScore updated its scoring methodology and its estimates for Hulu dropped from 43.5 million unique viewers to 24 million in a single month.  In a comScore digital trends report in 2010, comScore’s Digital Year in Review report found that Hulu was watched twice as much as viewers who watched on the websites of the major TV networks combined. 
As of 2016, 69 percent of Hulu viewing takes place on regular television sets through connected devices. 
Hulu video clips on their own website and syndicates its hosting to other sites,  and allows users to embed Hulu clips on their websites.  In addition to NBC, ABC and Fox programs and movies, Hulu carries out shows from networks such as A & E , Big Ten Network , Bravo , E! , Fox Sports 2 , FX , G4 , PBS , NFL Network , Oxygen , RT America , Fox Sports 1 , Esquire Network , SundanceTV , Syfy , USA Network , NBCSN , and online sources such as Onion News Network .  Hulu retains between thirty and fifty percent of revenue. 
In November 2009, Hulu also began to establish partnerships with record labels to host music videos and concert performances on the site, including EMI in November 2009,  and Warner Music Group in December 2009. 
In early March 2010, Viacom annoncé That It Was pulling two of the website’s Most Popular Shows, The Colbert Report and The Daily Show , off Hulu.  The programs are airing HAD beens Hulu since late 2008.  A Spokesman for Viacom Noted That “in the current economic model, there is not that much in it for us to continue at this time. If They can get to The point where the monetization model is better, then we may go back. ”  In February 2011, both shows were made available for streaming on Hulu again. The Daily Show was again removed from Hulu in March 2017 Central’s apps.
As of January 17, 2011, Hulu has streamed its own in-house web series The Morning After , a light-hearted pop-culture news show. It is produced by Hulu in conjunction with Jace Hall ‘s HDFilms and stars Brian Kimmet and Ginger Gonzaga. Producing the show is a first for the company. 
On January 16, 2012, Hulu announced that it would be a first-time script based program, titled Battleground , scheduled to air in February 2012. The program will air on Hulu’s free web service. Battleground is described as a documentary-style political drama. 
Later that same month, Hulu announced it would air The Fashion Fund , a six-part reality series, and the winner of the show will receive $ 300,000 to start their career. 
To continue with its original programming movement, Hulu announced that there would be a total of seven original programs that were planned to air on its service: Battleground , Day in the Life , and Up to Speed were previously mentioned; And on April 19, Hulu added to his list: Do not Quit Your Daydream , Flow , The Awesomes , and We Got Next . Some of these programs will be airing in 2012, while others will premiere over the next few years. 
On May 21, 2012, Hulu announced it would be bringing Kevin Smith to its line-up of original programming. Smith hosts a movie discussion show titled Spoilers , which began airing in the summer of 2012. 
On July 12, 2014, it was announced that Hulu had signed a three-year deal purchasing exclusive online streaming rights to the South Park library. Through the deal, the South Park Studios website was powered by Hulu’s video and featured advertising.  Along with this, the domain name changed from “southparkstudios.com” to “southpark.cc.com”.   Previously, the show had been available on Netflix .  The new site release caused some technical issues, which were resolved uncensored to watch  episodes and clips. For viewers outside the US, Episodes and clips still streaming through the “classic” South Park player and nothing changed aside from the new site design. A handful of countries also have their own localized versions of South Park sites, with the old experience. 
It was announced that in September 2014, following the premiere of the 18th season, only 30 selected episodes will be featured for free viewing at a time on the website, with new episodes being available for an entire month starting the day following their original airings . The whole series is available for viewing on the Hulu subscription service.
AT & T
On May 14, 2015, AT & T struck a deal with Hulu that would give its customers access to streaming service on both regular and third party premiums.  On October 22, 2016, AT & T annoncé a deal to buy Time Warner , Who owns 10% of Hulu for $ 108.7 trillion.   
As a result, with Hulu being unable to stream to the Canadian market, Neon Alley stopped on the market. This leaves Anime Network , Crunchyroll , Daisuki and Aniplex Channel as the only anime-focused streaming streaming services to the Canadian market at the same time. On July 21, 2016, Tubi TV announced that they had begd streaming of certain Viz titles in Canada.  Crunchyroll , Daisuki and Aniplex Channel as the only anime-focused streaming services streaming to the Canadian market at the same time. On July 21, 2016, Tubi TV announced that they had begd streaming of certain Viz titles in Canada.  Crunchyroll , Daisuki and Aniplex Channel as the only anime-focused streaming services streaming to the Canadian market at the same time. On July 21, 2016, Tubi TV announced that they had begd streaming of certain Viz titles in Canada. 
It should be noted that Hulu is known for streaming anime titles from many distributors, including Funimation , TMS Entertainment , and Bandai Visual , in addition to Viz Media.
- A + E Networks : A & E , FYI , History , Lifetime , Military History , Viceland
- AMC Networks : AMC , SundanceTV , WE tv , BBC America
- ANO TV-Novosti: RT America
- CBS content in Japan and the United States
- Discovery Communications : Animal Planet , Discovery Channel , Discovery en Español , Discovery Digital Networks , Destination America , Investigation Discovery , TLC , Discovery Family
- 21st Century Fox : Fox , Fox News Channel , Fox Business Network , FX , FX Movie Channel , FXX , National Geographic Channel , Big Ten Network , Fox Sports 1 , Fox Sports 2
- NBCUniversal : CNBC , MSNBC , NBC , NBCSN , Oxygen , Syfy , USA Network , Bravo , E! , Sprout
- Showtime (for $ 8.99 / mo extra)
- Time Warner : Adult Swim , Cartoon Network , The CW (End in 2016), TNT , TBS
- Viacom Media Networks : BET , Comedy Central , MTV , Nickelodeon , TV Land , VH1 , Spike , CMT , Logo TV
- Disney : ABC , Disney Channel , Disney XD , Disney Junior , Freeform , Fusion
- Ion Television
- Starz Inc .: Starz
- Azteca International Corporation : Azteca
Producers and distributors
- 20th Television , 20th Century Fox Television
- Aniplex of America
- CBS Corporation , CBS Television Studios
- Discotek Media
- Disney-ABC Domestic Television , ABC Studios
- DreamWorks Pictures
- Fremantle Media
- Green Apple Entertainment
- Maiden Japan
- Media Blasters
- NBCUniversal , Universal Television
- NIS America
- Nutri Ventures Corporation
- Right Stuf
- Sentai Filmworks
- Sony Pictures Entertainment
- Viz Media
- Warner Bros. Television Distribution , Warner Bros. Television
- Wise Entertainment
- DramaFever (Asian and Latin programs)
- Viki (Asian programs)
- Please Like Me (TBA) (US Only, Season 4-Onwards)
- The Dam Keeper (TBA) (Japan Only)
- Marvel’s The Runaways (TBA)
- Dimension 404 (TBA)
- The Handmaid’s Tale (2017)
- Shut Eye (2016)
- Chance (2016)
- Freakish (2016)
- The Path (2016)
- 11.22.63 (2016)
- All My Children (2013)
- The Booth at the End (2011 US & Japan)
- Casual (2015-present)
- Coronation Street (2013-present)
- Deadbeat (2014-present)
- Difficult People (2015-Present)
- East Los High (2013-present)
- Endgame (2011)
- Fresh Meat (2012 US Only)
- Filthy Rich (2016 US only) 
- Home and Away (2015-present)
- The Hotwives (2014-present)
- Line of Duty (2012-2014)
- Little Mosque on the Prairie (2007-2012)
- The Mindy Project (2015-present) (Season 4-Onwards)
- Misfits (2011 US Only)
- Mongrels (2011 US Only)
- Moone Boy (2013-present)
- Mother Up! (2013-present)
- Neighbors (2014-present)
- One Life to Live (2013)
- The Only Way Is Essex (2010-present)
- Pramface (2012 US Only)
- Prisoners of War (2010-present)
- The Promise (2013)
- Rev. (2011 US Only)
- Spy (2011 US Only)
- The Straits (2012)
- The Thick of It (2012 US Only)
- Whites (2011 US Only)
- The Yard (2011 US Only)
As of June 2015 , access to Hulu is not available internationally from the United States and Japan. 
In July 2010, the Financial Times revealed that Hulu had been working on plans for an international launch of Hulu Plus for several months, and had identified the UK and Japan as markets.  Hulu’s chief executive Jason Kilar expressed his belief that the US model could be replicated elsewhere, saying “We will not be satisfied until this is a global service.”  Hulu’s first expansion into an international market took place with the launch of a service in Japan on September 1, 2011. 
Nippon TV acquisition of Hulu Japan service
In 2013, Nippon Television Network Corporation ( Nippon TV ) acquired Hulu’s Japan business. The transaction, which is subject to certain regulatory conditions, marked Nippon TV’s entry into the SVOD (Subscription Video On Demand) business. Through the acquisition, the Hulu service continues to offer Japanese consumers premium content, including Hollywood and Japanese movies and dramas and popular television programming. Additionally, Nippon TV’s popular shows and original exclusive content launched on the Hulu service in Japan, expanding its content offering.  The CSI Franchise, Gray’s Anatomy , Prison Break , and Ugly Betty , and as well as movies Such As Armageddon , Men in Black , and Pirates of the Caribbean . 
Absence in Canadian market
Hulu is unable to launch in Canada due to the relatively small size of Canada’s online advertising market  and because Canada’s television networks already have the exclusive online streaming rights in Canada to many titles offered on Hulu, including many mainstream American television network programs.  The absence of Hulu in the Canadian market by the fans of the sitcom The Mindy Project when it was canceled by Fox in the spring of 2015 and subsequently picked up by Hulu; The show’s Canadian broadcaster, City .  At present, Canadian consumers have access to several other streaming systems,
- Digital rights management
- Seeso , a similar service launched by NBC Universal in 2016 focusing on comedy
- CBS All Access
- Amazon Video
- Video on Demand
- Jump up^ “NBC Officially Owns 32 Percent of Hulu” . Thebigmoney.com. 2010-02-03 . Retrieved 2010-12-29 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Spangler, Todd (3 August 2016). “Time Warner Acquires 10% Stake in Hulu for $ 583 Million” . Retrieved 8 August 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Hulu’s Billion-Dollar Milestone: A Sign Of Just How Far Behind Netflix It Has Fallen” . Forbes.
- Jump up^ “Hulu Is Off and Running in Its Big, Fast-Talking New Commercial TV”. adweek.com. 2015-10-19 . Retrieved 2016-02-24 .
- Jump up^ “Hulu.com Site Info” . Alexa Internet . Retrieved 2017-06-23 .
- Jump up^ http://www.thewrap.com/hulu-is-slowing-hits-12-million-subscribers-versus-netflixs-81-million/ . Missing or empty( help )
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d “Hulu.com Opens to Public” . Press Room (Press release). Hulu. 2007-03-12 . Retrieved 2008-03-28 . External link in ( help )
- ^ Jump up to:a b Kramer, Staci D. (April 30, 2006). “It’s Official: Disney Joins News Corp., NBCU In Hulu, Deal Includes Some Cable Nets” . Retrieved October 30, 2006 .
- Jump up^ Although NBCUniversal is also major shareholder (30%) of Hulu, by theFederal Communications Commission, NBCUniversal and Comcast are required to exercise any right to influence the conduct or operation of Hulu. “Neither Comcast nor C-NBCU shall exercise any right to influence the conduct or operation of Hulu, including those arising from agreements, arrangements or operations of its equity interests (eg, board seats, voting for directors or other shareholder matters, management and veto Rights, etc.) and C-NBCU shall, as from the date of this Order, hold its interest in Hulu solely as an economic interest. ” (MO & O, 1/20/11, FCC Grants Approval of Comcast-NBCU Transaction,Comcast Corporation and NBC Universal,
- Jump up^ “Introducing Yahoo View, a TV Watching Experience Featuring Hulu | Business Wire” . Www.businesswire.com . Retrieved 2017-02-06 .
- Jump up^ Kilar, Jason (2008-05-14). “What’s in a Name?” . Retrieved 2010-07-17.
- Jump up^ “Leadership – Discovery Communications, Inc.” . Corporate.discovery.com . Retrieved 2016-05-25 .
- Jump up^ “Peter Chernin Offers $ 500M for Hulu” . TheWrap . 2013-04-05 . Retrieved 2016-05-25 .
- Jump up^ “Free, Legal and Online: Why Hulu is the New Way to Watch TV” . WIRED . Retrieved 2016-05-25 .
- Jump up^ Wauters, Robin. “We Happy Miramax Deal Brings Hundreds Of Movies To Hulu Plus (And To Hulu)” . TechCrunch . Retrieved 2016-05-25 .
- Jump up^ “NBC Universal and News Corp. Announce New Online Video Venture” . Press Room (Press release). Hulu. 2007-03-22 . Retrieved 2008-03-28 . External link in( help )
- Jump up^ Nat Worden (2007-03-22). “Google’s Still on Top” . TheStreet.com . Archived from the original on 2007-09-30 . Retrieved 2007-08-29 .
- Jump up^ Nat Worden (2007-08-29). “Google’s New Foe: Hulu” . TheStreet.com. Archived from the original on 2007-09-04 . Retrieved 2007-08-29 .
- Jump up^ “Hulu Debuts Via Private Beta” . Press Room (Press release). Hulu. 2007-10-29 . Retrieved 2008-03-28 . External link in( help )
- Jump up^ “Hulu TV Ads: Alec in Huluwood” . Hulu . Hulu . Retrieved May 10,2009 .
- Jump up^ McCarthy, Caroline (January 26, 2009). “Hulu to shock the world with Super Bowl ad” . CNET News . Retrieved February 2, 2009 .
- Jump up^ Brady, Shirley (August 29, 2006). “NBC and Fox Jump Through Hulu Hoop” . Cable360.net . Archived from the original on September 6, 2012 . Retrieved 2007-08-29 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Lawler, Ryan (May 12, 2012). “It’s Done: Early Hulu Investor Providence Equity Partners Has Sold Its Stake For $ 200M” . Techcrunch.com . Retrieved 2012-05-12 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Stelter, Brian; Stone, Brad (2010-04-05). “Hulu, the online-video hub, contemplates its future” . The New York Times . Retrieved 2010-04-27 .
- Jump up^ Grotticelli, Michael (2010-04-26). “Hulu plans subscription service” . Broadcast Engineering . Archived from the original on 2010-07-04 . Retrieved 2010-04-27 .
- Jump up^ US video viewing site Hulu plans an IPO: report ArchivedAugust 20, 2010, at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ Dealbook (2010-08-16). “Hulu Is Said to Be Ready for an IPO” . Dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com . Retrieved 2010-12-29 .
- Jump up^ Vascellaro (2011-06-21). “Website Hulu Considers Sale” . The Wall Street Journal . Retrieved 2011-06-21 .
- Jump up^ Parr, Ben (October 13, 2011). “Hulu Is No Longer For Sale” . Mashable . Mashable, Inc . Retrieved June 14, 2013 .
- Jump up^ Van Grove, Jennifer (January 31, 2012). “Hulu CEO Jason Kilar: Original programming is an important part of the agenda.” . VentureBeat .
- Jump up^ “Mike Hopkins Named CEO of Hulu” . Retrieved 17 October 2013 .
- Jump up^ Brian Stelter, The New York Times . “Fox to Limit Next-Day Streaming to Hulu to Paying Cable Customers”. July 26, 2011. Retrieved July 28, 2011.
- Jump up^ Wasserman, Todd,Mashable 
- Jump up^ “Hulu BBC Deal, A Positive Step After Some Cloudy Times” . CEOWORLD Magazine . 18 September 2013.
- Jump up^ “Hulu Makes Big Kids Programming Push With New Disney Channel Deal” . Retrieved June 17, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “The CW Bloodbath is Coming – Hulu Removing CW Shows September 18th” . Exstreamist.com . 17 August 2016.
- Jump up^ “CBS shows on Hulu” . Help.hulu.com . Retrieved 2017-01-04 .
- Jump up^ “CBS” . Hulu . Retrieved 2017-01-04 .
- Jump up^ “Hulu’s live-streaming platform” . Reuters . 2017-01-04 . Retrieved 2017-01-04 .
- Jump up^ “Hulu adds CBS to its upcoming live TV service” . Engadget . Retrieved 2017-01-04 .
- Jump up^ Atkinson, Claire (2009-10-21). “Chase Carey: Hulu to Charge in 2010”. Broadcasting & Cable . Reed Business Information . Retrieved 2009-11-08 .
- Jump up^ Sandoval, Greg (October 22, 2009). “More signs Hulu subscription service is coming” . Media Maverick . CNET . Retrieved November 4,2009 .
- Jump up^ Stelter, Brian (29 June 2010). “Hulu Unveils Subscription Service For $ 9.99 a Month” . New York Times . Retrieved 12 November 2014 .
- Jump up^ Stelter, Brian (27 November 2010). “Hulu Drops Prices to Compete with Netflix” . New York Times . Retrieved 12 November 2014 .
- Jump up^ Nakashima, Ryan January 13, 2012.”Hulu Plus ends year with 1.5 million subscribers”.
- Jump up^ Stelter, Brian (4 May 2016). “Hulu closed in on 12 million subscribers; plans cable-like TV option” . Money.cnn.com . CNN . Retrieved 1 November 2016 .
- Jump up^ Peterson, Tim (April 29, 2015). “Hulu Will Drop Hulu Plus Brand, Picks up ‘Seinfeld ‘ ” . Advertising Age . Retrieved September 13, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Hulu Explores Adding Ad-Free Option to Its Service” . Wall Street Journal. July 16, 2015.
- Jump up^ “Hulu – About” . Hulu . Retrieved 2015-04-08 .
- Jump up^ Wallenstein, Andrew (2 September 2015). “Hulu Adds (Mostly) Ad-Free Subscription Service” . Variety . Retrieved 2 September 2015 .
- Jump up^ “This is the end of Hulu as we know it” . Washington Post . Retrieved 9 August 2016 .
- Jump up^ Jarvey, Natalie (August 8, 2016). “Hulu to End Free TV Service” . The Hollywood Reporter . Retrieved August 8, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Brodkin, Jon (August 8, 2016). “Hulu will soon end its free streaming options” . Ars Technica . Retrieved August 8, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Hulu confirms plan to stream live TV next year” . The Verge . Vox Media . Retrieved 10 August 2016 .
- Jump up^ Lieberman, David (November 1, 2016). “Disney And Fox Agree To Provide Sports And Broadcast Channels To Hulu” . Deadline . Retrieved January 24, 2017 .
- Jump up^ Mike Snider (May 3, 2017). “You can now watch 50-plus channels of live TV on Hulu with $ 39.99 upgrade” . USA Today . Gannett Company . Retrieved May 9, 2017 .
- Jump up^ Jared Newman (May 3, 2017). “Hulu Live TV launches in beta: What you need to know” . TechHive . Retrieved May 9, 2017 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Todd Spangler (May 3, 2017). “Hulu Live TV Service Launches With 50 Channels for $ 40 Monthly” . Variety . Penske Media Corporation . Retrieved May 9, 2017 .
- Jump up^ Nathan McAlone (May 3, 2017). “Hulu just launched its $ 40-a-month cable-TV competitor – here are all the details” . Business Insider . Retrieved May 9, 2017 .
- Jump up^ Sandra Gonzalez (May 3, 2017). “Hulu launches live TV service” . CNN Money . Time Warner . Retrieved May 9, 2017 .
- Jump up^ Todd Spangler (May 3, 2017). “Hulu Live TV Bundle: Full Channel Lineup” . Variety . Penske Media Corporation . Retrieved May 9, 2017 .
- Jump up^ Todd Spangler (March 10, 2017). “Hulu Live TV Service Will not Have Viacom Networks” . Variety . Penske Media Corporation . Retrieved May 9, 2017 .
- Jump up^ Dawn C. Chmielewski (26 Jul 2010). “Hulu’s sharp decline in viewership underscores inconsistency in measuring size of online audience” . LA Times . Retrieved 1 Nov 2013 .
- Jump up^ Schonfeld, Erick (7 Feb 2011). “ComScore: Hulu Is Watched Twice As Much As The 5 Major TV Networks Online Combined” . TechCrunch.
- Jump up^ Lafayette, Jon (May 2, 2016). “Digital Video Market Surges Into NewFronts”. Broadcasting & Cable . pp. 16-17.
- Jump up^ Rebecca Dana and Emily Steel (2008-03-11). “Can Hulu Find Its Mojo With Viewers?” . The Wall Street Journal . Retrieved 2008-03-19 .
- Jump up^ “ABC to offer shows on Hulu” . The Live Feed. April 30, 2009.
- Jump up^ Albanesius, Chloe (November 18, 2009). “Hulu, EMI Strike Deal for Music Videos, Concerts” . PC Magazine . Retrieved 24 December 2009.
- Jump up^ Albanesius, Chloe (December 23, 2009). “Hulu, Warner Music Signal Deal for Music Content” . PC Magazine . Retrieved 24 December 2009 .
- Jump up^ New York Daily News article: “Comedy Central’s ‘The Daily Show’ and ‘The Colbert Report’ off Hulu.”
- ^ Jump up to:a b Multichannel News article: ” Dauman: Vivendi Could Return To Hulu.”
- Jump up^ Liz Shannon Miller (2011-01-18). “New Series The Morning After Nudges Hulu Into Production” . GigaOM. Archived from the original on 2011-07-21 . Retrieved 2011-05-02 .
- Jump up^ Rother, Larry, January 16, 2012,”Hulu Announces First Original-Script-Based Program”.
- Jump up^ Poggi Jeanine January 27, 2012.Hulu Adds Unscripted Series ‘The Fashion Fund,’ Accelerating Original Content Effort. “
- Jump up^ Perez, Sarah (April 19, 2012). “Hulu Announces Four More Original Series” . TechCrunch .
- Jump up^ Wasserman, Todd (May 21, 2012). “Hulu to Launch New Show With Kevin Smith Plus 9 Other Titles” . Mashable .
- Jump up^ “Hulu and South Park Announcement Exclusive Multi-Year Content Licensing Deal at 2014 Television Critics Association Summer Press Tour – Business Wire” . Businesswire.com .
- Jump up^ “South Park – Watch Full Episodes, Clips & More” . Southparkstudios.com .
- Jump up^ “South Park – Watch Full Episodes, Clips & More” . Cc.com .
- Jump up^ “Netflix removes South Park and other titles from its library” . Know Your Mobile .
- Jump up^ “Archived copy” . Archived from the original on 2014-10-19 . Retrieved 2014-09-22 .
- Jump up^ “South Park – New Site FAQs” . Cc.com .
- Jump up^ Smiley, Minda (May 14, 2015). “AT & T strikes deal with Hulu to offer subscription service to its customers” . The Drum . Retrieved May 14,2015 .
- Jump up^ Yu, Roger (October 22, 2016). “AT & T agrees to buy Time Warner for more than $ 80B” . USA Today . Retrieved October 22, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Gryta, Thomas; Hagey, Keach; Cimilluca, Dana (October 22, 2016). “AT & T Reaches Deal to Buy Time Warner for $ 86 Billion” . The Wall Street Journal . Retrieved October 22, 2016 . (Subscription required ( help )) .
- Jump up^ Littleton, Cynthia (October 22, 2016). “AT & T Sets $ 85.4 Billion Time Warner Deal, CEOs Talk ‘Unique’ Potential of Combination” . Variety . Retrieved October 23, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Viz Debuts Neon Alley” . Retrieved 8 August 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Naruto Stream, Sailor Moon & More: VIZ Media Partners with Tubi TV to Deliver Free Anime” . Tubi TV. July 21, 2016 . Retrieved October 1,2016 .
- Jump up^ “Local drama Filthy Rich sold to US streaming giant Hulu” . Stuff.co.nz. 2016-05-24 . Retrieved 2017-01-05 .
- Jump up^ “Why can not I use Hulu internationally?” . Hulu.com . Retrieved 12 June 2015 .
- Jump up^ Garrahan, Matthew. Hulu eyes launching global pay platform,Financial Times, July 8, 2010. Retrieved July 11, 2010.
- Jump up^ Laughlin, Andrew. Hulu ‘puts UK back on schedule’,Digital Spy, July 9, 2010. Retrieved July 11, 2010.
- Jump up^ “Summary Box: Hulu launches video subscription service in Japan” . Washington Post. September 1, 2011 . Retrieved September 2, 2011 . [ Dead link ]
- Jump up^ “Nippon TV Acquires Hulu Service in Japan” . Businesswire. 2014-02-27.
- Jump up^ “Hulu launches its first overseas operation in Japan” . Asia Pacific Arts . 2011-09-01.
- Jump up^ Mudhar, Raju (4 January 2016). “Why these five well-known online services snub Canada” . Thestar.com . Toronto Star . Retrieved 1 November 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Answerman – Life Is Just A Game” . Retrieved 8 August 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Mindy Project staying on City despite being dropped by Fox” . Toronto Star . Retrieved 27 September 2015 .