Veronica Ann Belmont (born July 21, 1982) is an online media personality. She was formally the co-host of the Revision3 show Tekzilla alongside Patrick Norton . Veronica was the co-host of the forming TWiT.tv gaming show Game On! Along with Brian Brushwood , and the form host of the monthly PlayStation 3 -based video on demand program Qore . Additionally, she was the host for the Mahalo Daily podcast and a producer and associate editor for CNET Networks, Inc. where she produced, engineered, and hosted the Buzz Out Loud podcast . 
At the time of Belmont’s birth, her mother was a vice president at Coleco .  Belmont went to school at Conard High School in West Hartford, CT before attending Emerson College , Boston , Massachusetts , to study audio production and new media studies. After graduation in 2004, she worked briefly in Boston and eventually secured an internship at CNET. Belmont resides in San Francisco , California with her husband, Engadget editor Ryan Block . 
Belmont started as an intern happy Producing audio for CNET Networks . She was hired full-time six months later to produce their “First Look from the Labs” series, and also later producing Buzz Out Loud . Originally she was the sound engineer and producer of the show, but her role on the podcast grew substantially. CNET podcast called MP3 Insider and CRAVE Gadget Blog, which were both co-hosted by James Kim .
Belmont made her video debut on CNET on April 6, 2006, on Insider Secrets segment titled “Give your PC to Mac-over”. Since then, she has hosted videos from Make Maker , CES , and South by Southwest . She was also the host of the Prizefight series.           References to the Nokia N95 edition of Prizefight.
Belmont left CNET on July 20, 2007 to join Mahalo.  She hosted and produced her own podcast called Mahalo Daily covering subjects of her choosing. Her first video was an interview with Leeroy Jenkins at BlizzCon 2007 .  On April 2, 2008, Belmont announced that she would leave Mahalo Daily within two weeks.  This was reported by TV Week on April 3, 2008. 
On April 9, 2008, Revision3 annoncé Belmont That Would Be joining the Revision3 staff as co-host of Tekzilla  By May 2008, she est devenu host of Tekzilla Daily Tip .
October 2, 2012 Belmont began hosting Fact or Fictional . A short format show on Revision3’s new YouTube channel techfeed .  The show examines technology from popular fictional media and determines if the technology is / could be real. On November 12, 2013, Belmont said it farewell to Tekzilla and Revision3. 
In June 2008, Sony Computer Entertainment announced a new subscription-based “monthly lifestyle gaming program” called Qore that would be hosted by Belmont.  On October 19, 2011 she announced via her blog that she would be stepping down as host. 
Sword and Laser
On October 16, 2007, Belmont started co-hosting a podcast with Tom Merritt of CNET and TWIT ‘s Tech News Today fame. As the name implies, it is strictly about science fiction and fantasy books and debuted with Neuromancer by William Gibson . Prior to the creation of the podcast, it was a book club in forum form. This size Lasted through the first three books, qui Were, The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman , Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card and American Gods by Neil Gaiman , with the subsequent establishment of the podcast.
From 2012 to 2013, a video of the show ran on Felicia Day ‘s Geek & Sundry .  Over 30 episodes were produced.
On October 30, 2011, Leo Laporte announced on This Week in Tech ( TWiT ) that Veronica Belmont would cohost TWiT’s upcoming gaming show with Brian Brushwood called Game On! . The show’s first official episode aired January 15, 2012 at 6:00 pm Pacific time on a live webcast in the TWiT network. The last episode of the show was uploaded on April 9, 2012.
In 2010’s Fallout New Vegas , she was the voice of Light Switch 01, Light Switch 02, Stealth Suit Mk II and Christine Royce.
Gizmodo: The Gadget Testers premiered on March 18, 2013 on BBC America .  Veronica is one of the co-hosts / testers who test the latest gadgets in outrageous and extreme ways.
Belmont appears on various shows on the FrogPants Podcast network.
References and notes
- Jump up^ “Buzz Out Loud 1588: loved the show” . CBS Interactive. 5 April 2012 . Retrieved September 19, 2012 .
- Jump up^ Growing Up Geek: Veronica Belmont,http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/21/growing-up-geek-veronica-belmont
- Jump up^ Veronica Belmont Fast Facts from Mahalo
- Jump up^ http://www.cnettv.com
- Jump up^ Belmont, Veronica (2007-07-10). “Big (early) announcement day!”. Retrieved 2007-11-14.
So, this announcement is coming sooner than I expected, but a little birdie was set loose into the blogosphere today, so here we are! It’s true, I’m leaving CNET to work full-time for Mahalo, producing a daily video show.
- Jump up^ Veronica Belmont » Interview: Leeroy Jenkins Archived August 8, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Jump up^ Moving on to new projects – Veronica Belmont Archived April 9, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Jump up^ Belmont Says Aloha to ‘Mahalo’ – TVWeek – News
- Jump up^ “Revision3 says” aloha “to internet superstar Veronica Belmont” (Press release). Revision3. 2008-04-09 . Retrieved 2008-04-11 .
Tekzilla, a new generation of teens
- Jump up^ “Revision3 Launches Tech Feed” (Press release). Revision3. 2012-10-08 . Retrieved 2013-03-19 .
Fact or Fictional with Veronica Belmont
- Jump up^ http://blog.revision3.com/2013/11/12/veronica-belmont-says-farewell-to-tekzilla-and-revision3/
- Jump up^ “PSN subscription-based Qore features exclusive content” (Press release). Ars technica. 2008-06-03.
- Jump up^ Belmont, Veronica (October 2011). “On the next adventure!” . Archived from the original on October 21, 2011 . Retrieved October 19, 2011 .
- Jump up^ “Sword and Laser – YouTube” . Www.youtube.com . Retrieved 2016-12-28 .
- Jump up^ “Gizmodo: Gadget Testers” . BBC America. Archived from the original on March 1, 2014 . Retrieved February 4, 2014 .