Netflix is an American global provider of streaming movies & TV series. ( Www.netflix.com )
The Netflix: 
- Amazon Fire TV , Kindle Fire , Kindle Fire HD , Kindle Fire HDX
- Android smartphones and tablets (in SD, or more correctly 480p , while “HD playback is available on select Android devices”) 
- Android TV devices
- Apple : Apple TV , iPad , iPhone , iPod Touch 
- Barnes & Noble Nook Color , Nook Tablet , Nook HD
- D-Link Boxee Box  (only supports Netflix USA and Canada, not Netflix in other countries)
- Fetch TV  includes both Fetch Mighty, and Fetch Mini (only available in Australia)
- Google Chromecast can receive a Netflix stream from a mobile device or Chrome
- Insignia Blu-ray Disc players and home theater systems
- LG Electronics : some Blu-ray Disc players, TVs, and home theater systems
- Google TV devices
- YouView set-top boxes in the UK
- Microsoft : Windows 10 Windows 8 , Windows Phone , Xbox 360 , Xbox One 
- Nintendo : Wii ,  Nintendo 3DS  and Wii U
- Panasonic : some Blu-ray Disc players, televisions and home theater systems
- Philips : some Blu-ray Disc players and TVs 
- Roku streaming player 
- Samsung : some Blu-ray Disc players, home theater systems, smartphones, TVs, and tablets 
- Seagate FreeAgent Theater + HD media player
- Sharp : some LED / LCD TVs and Blu-ray Disc players 
- Sony Blu-ray Disc players, televisions, PlayStation 3 , PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 4 
- TiVo DVRs (HD, HD XL, Series3, Premiere, Premiere XL, Roamio, and Bolt boxes) 
- Viewsonic VMP75
- Vizio : some Blu-ray Disc players and TVs
- Western Digital WD Live Plus media player
- Yamaha BD-A1020 
Supported web browsers by platform:
- OS X 
Hardware Requirement: Intel Core Duo 1.83-gigahertz (GHz) or higher processor; 512MB RAM
Microsoft Silverlight player: Intel-based Macs running OS X 10.4.11 or later. Browser support is Safari 3 (or higher), Firefox 3 (or higher).
HTML5 player: Intel-based Macs running OS X 10.6 or later. Browser support is Safari 8 * (or higher), Google Chrome 37 (or higher).
* Note: Using HTML5 player with Safari 8 (or higher) requires certain late Macs running OS X 10.10 .
- Microsoft Windows : 
Hardware Requirement: x86 or x64 (64-bit support mode for Internet Explorer only) 1.6-gigahertz (GHz) or higher processor; 512MB RAM
Microsoft Silverlight player: Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later. Browser support is Internet Explorer 6 (or higher), Firefox 3 (or higher), Google Chrome 4 (or higher).
HTML5 Player: Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later. Browser support is Internet Explorer 11 * (or higher), Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome 37 (or higher).
* Note: Using HTML5 player with Internet Explorer 11 (or higher) requires Windows 8.1 or later. 4K playback requires an 4K display, Intel Kaby Lake or later generation processor, Windows 10 or later,
- Linux : 
HTML5 Player: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, 14.04 LTS and later. PCLinuxOS supported after October 10, 2014. “Netflix streaming comes to PCLinuxOS” PCLinuxOS ” . Browser support is Google Chrome 37 (or higher).
In addition to official support in Chrome, Ubuntu based distributions with the use of Wine and other community maintained packages. 
Other software options:
- Android : Version 2.2 and above. 
- Google Chrome OS : Any Chrome OS device is supported. Previously, ARM based Chromebooks were not supported due to a plugin issue. However, with the introduction of the HTML5 Player, even those devices are now supported.
- IOS : iPad ,  iPhone ,  iPod Touch ,  Apple TV
- TVOS : Apple TV
- Windows Media Center : Windows XP Media Center Edition , Windows Vista (Home Premium, Ultimate), Windows 7 (Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate), Windows 8 (Pro via Either Windows 8 Pro Pack or Windows 8 Media Center Pack).
- Windows Phone
- UWP : Windows 10 (Home, Pro and Mobile editions), Xbox
Video game consoles
At E3 2008 , Microsoft announced a deal to distribute Netflix videos over Xbox Live .  This service was lancé on November 19, 2008  to Xbox 360 owners with a Netflix Unlimited subscription and an Xbox Live Gold subscription  Allowing Them to stream movies and television shows Directly From Their Netflix Instant Queue from year implementation On the Dashboard .  Xbox Live’s Party Mode had a popular feature where users could create a virtual party and bring their own virtual theater to watch Netflix simultaneously and even send comments and smiley faces to each other. This feature was discontinued on December 6, 2011. 
In November 2009, Netflix service became available on the Sony PlayStation 3. The set-up was similar to that on the Xbox 360, allowing Netflix subscribers to stream their movies and television shows. Unlike the Xbox 360, the Netflix application was originally available on Blu-ray Disc (available free to subscribers). On October 19, 2010, a downloadable application was made available through the PlayStation Network .  Users do not have to pay for use of the service other than the monthly Netflix subscription.  In 2012, the PlayStation 3 became the most used device to watch Netflix. 
In spring 2010, Netflix became available on the Nintendo Wii. The service allows the console to stream in a user’s Instant Queue. Initially, a streaming disc specifically for the Wii was required, along with an Internet connection to the console. Besides a netflix account with unlimited streaming, there are no additional costs for the service. In contrast to the other two consoles, the Wii is not capable of HD resolution.  Netflix members on April 12, 2010.  On October 18, 2010, Netflix became a free downloadable application on the Wii Shop Channel, making the streaming disc no longer necessary.
The Netflix service launched on the Nintendo 3DS on July 14, 2011.  The Netflix application for PlayStation Vita was launched on the same day as the device’s launch on February 22, 2012, making it available for download via the PlayStation Store for free. 
The Wii’s successor console, the Wii U, started supporting Netflix shortly after its North American release on November 18, 2012.  Netflix was later embedded in the Wii U’s own Nintendo TVii app the following March 2013. 
On November 15, 2013, the Netflix has been available for download on the PlayStation 4 via the PlayStation Store. 
Shortly after Microsoft’s November 22, 2013 release of the Xbox One in the United States, Netflix became available for download as an app for the console.  In 2014, Microsoft changed the terms for Xbox Live, no longer requiring a Gold subscription to access Netflix and any other streaming service on Xbox consoles; However, a Netflix subscription is still required to access content.
In 2008, Roku released the first set-top box , The Netflix Player by Roku, to stream Netflix’s Instant Watch movies directly to television sets. Netflix streaming media catalog for all subscribers. 
Blu-ray Disc players
On August 6, 2008, LG demonstrated the world’s first Blu-ray Disc Player with Netflix streaming embedded.  The product was launched in US stores later that month. Hastings stated in the announcement that “LG Electronics was the first of our partners to publicly embrace our strategy for getting the Internet to the TV, and is the first to introduce a Blu-ray player that will instantly stream movies and TV episodes from Netflix To the TV. ”
Subsequently, Netflix agreed to stream movies to two of Samsung’s Blu-ray Disc players.  Soon after, it agreed to stream movies to TiVo DVRs. 
In January 2009, Netflix partnered with Vizio and LG to stream movies to newer HDTV set models . 
In July 2009, Sony partnered with Netflix to enable Sony BRAVIA Internet Platforms to access instant queues for Netflix users. Any Netflix member with an Internet-enabled BRAVIA HDTV will be able to link up their account to their television and stream videos from their queue. 
In 2012 Sony released a firmware “update” for some of its “older” BRAVIA TV’s which meant that Netflix & YouTube support was terminated. KDL-46HX823. The firmware “update” was violating: Sale of Goods Act, 1979 / Consumer Rights Act, Oct 2015. http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/sale-of-goods-act
The 2010 line of Panasonic HDTVs with Viera Cast  With the 2010 release of the Google TV, Netflix streaming was included in a built-in application. A Netflix application is available to download on Samsung Smart TVthrough the Samsung Apps Service, and is preloaded on higher-end sets.
In September 2009, Hastings expressed his desire to expand his company’s video-streaming service to Apple’s iPhone and iPod Touch mobile devices, once the Xbox 360 exclusivity deal expired.  In April 2010, the Netflix app debuted on the App Store for use with the iPad.  The version for iPod Touch and iPhone was released on August 26, 2010 via the App Store. 
On March 15, 2011, Netflix was made available for Android phones. HOWEVER, not all phones using the OS can use the app due to Digital Rights Management (DRM) issues.  The malfunctioning DRM was later removed and the app now works on the majority of Android devices. However, in HD 
On July 14, 2011, Netflix became available on the Nintendo 3DS; No 3D content is available at this time.  Due to copyright issues, access to Netflix on 3DS is limited by geographic location.
In November 2011, Barnes & Noble began shipping Nook Tablets with the Netflix app pre-installed, offering Netflix as an optional app for Nook Color devices. 
When the PlayStation Vita launched on February 22, 2012, it had a Netflix app built in.   Due to copyright issues, access to Netflix on Vita is limited by geographic location.
A Sandvine report released in 2013 that the company’s mobile data usage share doubled over a 12-month period in North America. 
- Chrome OS
- Microsoft Windows
- OS X
- Windows Phone
- Jump up^ “Netflix Ready Devices” . Netflix.com . Retrieved June 29, 2011.
- Jump up^ https://help.netflix.com/en/node/23939?ba=GSButtonClick&q
- Jump up^ “Apple TV website” . Apple . Retrieved July 10, 2011 .
- Jump up^ “Boxee website” . Boxee.tv . Retrieved June 29, 2011 .
- Jump up^ “Fetch website” .
- Jump up^ Kalning, Kristin (July 14, 2008). “Microsoft partners with Netflix on Xbox Live” . MSN.com . Retrieved June 1, 2011 .
- Jump up^ “Netflix instantly streams movies online to Wii” .
- Jump up^ Molina, Brett (March 2, 2011). “Nintendo 3DS to support Netflix this summer” . USA Today . Retrieved March 2, 2011 .
- Jump up^ Nosowitz, Dan (January 7, 2010). “Philips Eco LED TV Stream Netflix While Saving the Earth” . Gizmodo . Retrieved July 19,2010 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Netflix Teams With Streaming Media Innovator Roku on Player That Instantly Streams Movies From Netflix Directly to the TV (Archive) ” (Press release). Netflix. May 20, 2008. Archived from the original on June 9, 2008 . Retrieved September 27,2013 .
- Jump up^ “Samsung Apps” . Samsung.com . Retrieved June 29, 2011 .
- Jump up^ “Sharp Blu-ray Disc Players” . Sharpusa.com . Retrieved June 29, 2011 .
- Jump up^ “Wii and PS3 To Be Disc Free” . October 18, 2010.
- Jump up^ “Instantly watch movies & TV episodes from Netflix on your TiVo box” .
- Jump up^ Heinonen, Chris (March 18, 2013). “The Yamaha A-1020 Universal Blu-ray Player In Use” . Hometheaterhifi.com . Redwood City, Calif . p. 3. Archived from the original on March 8, 2014 . Retrieved March 8, 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Netflix system requirements for HTML5 Player and Silverlight” . Netflix.com . Retrieved April 11, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Watch Netflix in Ubuntu today” . Ubuntu . Retrieved April 11,2015 .
- Jump up^ “PPA for Netflix Desktop App” .
- Jump up^ “Netflix on Google Play” . Google . Retrieved February 2,2012 .
- Jump up^ “Netflix Available on iPad” . Netflix . Retrieved July 19, 2010 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “Netflix on iPhone?” . Netflix. April 2, 2010 . Retrieved July 19, 2010 .
- Jump up^ “E3 2008: Microsoft Media Briefing Live Blog” . IGN . July 14, 2008 . Retrieved July 19, 2010 .
- Jump up^ “Xbox.com | Xbox News – New Holiday Bundles Include Free Games” . Xbox.com. Archived from the original on December 2, 2008 . Retrieved November 21, 2008 .
- Jump up^ “Netflix Online Movie Rentals – Rent DVDs, Classic Movies to DVD New Releases” . Netflix.com . Retrieved November 21,2008 .
- Jump up^ “Microsoft partners with Netflix on Xbox Live – On the Level” . Msnbc.msn.com. July 14, 2008 . Retrieved November 21, 2008 .
- Jump up^ “Say Goodbye to Netflix Party Mode” . kotaku.com. December 8, 2011 . Retrieved July 31, 2012 .
- Jump up^ “Netflix on PS3 without disc” . Hexus.net. October 19, 2010 . Retrieved June 29, 2011 .
- Jump up^ “Netflix Officially Coming to PS3” . 1UP.com .
- Jump up^ “The PS3 Is What Most People Use To Stream Netflix Instant On” . Gameranx . December 4, 2012 . Retrieved December 5,2012 .
- Jump up^ “Movies, TV Episodes Streamed Instantly From Netflix Headed to Nintendo’s Wii Console This Spring” (Press release). Netflix. January 13, 2010 . Retrieved July 19, 2010 .
- Jump up^ “THOUSANDS OF MOVIES & TV EPISODES FROM NETFLIX NOW AVAILABLE VIA NINTENDO’S Wii CONSOLE” (Press release). Netflix. April 12, 2010 . Retrieved July 19, 2010 .
- Jump up^ Heater, Brian (July 14, 2011). “Nintendo confirms Netflix on the 3DS hitting today” . Engadget . Retrieved July 14, 2011 .
- Jump up^ “Netflix, Music Unlimited Coming to PS Vita” . PlayStation Lifestyle. January 9, 2012 . Retrieved March 5, 2012 .
- Jump up^ Kerr, Dara (November 18, 2012). “Netflix is immediately available on Nintendo Wii U” . CNET . Retrieved November 25, 2012 .
- Jump up^ Green, Andy (March 27, 2013). “Netflix Now Available on TVii”. Nintendo Life . Retrieved April 15, 2013 .
- Jump up^ Young, Rory (November 7, 2013). “Sony reveals initial PlayStation 4 launch apps, including Netflix, Hulu and Redbox . “Neoseeker.com . Retrieved January 23, 2014 .
- Jump up^ Sliva, Marty (November 8, 2013). “Microsoft Reveals Xbox One Launch Window Apps” . IGN . San Francisco : j2 Global . Archived from the original on March 8, 2014 . Retrieved January 23, 2014 .
- Jump up^ “LG ELECTRONICS ANNOUNCES FIRST BLU-RAY DISC PLAYER WITH CAPABILITY TO INSTANTLY STREAM MOVIES FROM NETFLIX TO THE TV” (Press release). LG. July 31, 2008. Retrieved August 6, 2008 .
- Jump up^ “Netflix and Samsung Partner to Instantly Stream Movies on Next Generation Blu-ray Disc Players” (Press release). Netflix. October 23, 2008 . Retrieved July 19, 2010 .
- Jump up^ “TiVo and Netflix Announce Partnership to Instantly Stream Movies and TV Episodes From Netflix Directly to the TV Through TiVo DVRs” (Press release). Netflix. October 30, 2008 . Retrieved July 19, 2010 .
- Jump up^ “Netflix Announces Partnership With VIZIO to Instantly Stream Movies to New High Definition TVs” (Press release). Netflix. January 7, 2009 . Retrieved July 19, 2010 .
- Jump up^ “Sony Adds Netflix to Bravia Internet Video Platform” . PRNewswire . July 9, 2009.
- Jump up^ Burns, Matt (September 10, 2010). “Netflix Now Streaming To 2010 Panasonic VIERA Cast HDTVs & Blu-ray Players” . Crunchgear.com . Retrieved June 29, 2011 .
- Jump up^ Reisinger, Don (September 22, 2009). “Netflix CEO hopes to stream to PS3, Wii, iPhone” . CNET . Retrieved July 19, 2010 .
- Jump up^ “Behold: the iPad has come” . The Salt Lake Tribune . Archived from the original on April 7, 2010 . Retrieved May 25,2013 .
Users can download the 150,000 iPhone apps, plus 1,000 or so to the iPad, and stream Netflix movies straight to their screens.
- Jump up^ “apk file Netflix for Android APK Leaked” . Phandroid.com. March 15, 2011 . Retrieved June 29, 2011 .
- Jump up^ https://help.netflix.com/en/node/23939?ba=GSButtonClick&q
- Jump up^ Molina, Brett (March 2, 2011). “Nintendo 3DS to support Netflix this late May” . USA Today . Retrieved March 2, 2011 .
- Jump up^ Chris Marlowe (November 8, 2011). “Nook Tablet Comes with Netflix, Hulu Plus and Pandora” . Dmwmedia.com . Retrieved April 2, 2012 .
- Jump up^ Buesch, Corbin (January 12, 2012). “PS VITA Netflix” .
- Jump up^ “Netflix Now Streaming To North American Nintendo 3DSs” . TechCrunch. July 14, 2011 . Retrieved June 14, 2012 .
- Jump up^ “Global Internet Phenomena” . Sandvine . Sandvine Incorporated ULC. 2003-2013 . Retrieved October 24, 2013 .