Voltron: Legendary Defender is an ongoing American animated web television series produced by DreamWorks Animation and Worldwide Productions and Animated byStudio Mir . It is a reboot of both the Beast King GoLion anime series and the Voltron franchise, and its animation is an anime- influenced traditional animation for characters and background and CGI for Voltron action sequences. Voltron: Legendary Defender is a science fiction universe where planetary energy called “quintessence” can be used to power vehicles and magic.
The first season premiered on Netflix on June 10, 2016 and consisted of 11 episodes. The series has a 78-episode commitment from Netflix. It has been released globally in United States , Canada , United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Scandinavia , Benelux Union and Latin America .  The second season premiered on Netflix on January 20, 2017 and consisted of 13 episodes.  The third season will premiere on Netflix on August 4, 2017, and similarly to season 2, will consist of 13 episodes.  The series’ success has spawned several comics ,  action figures and other toys. 
For millennia, the evil Galra empire has plagued the universe by destroying other civilizations and enslaving various races. Voltron, a 100 meter tall robot warrior composed of five lion mechas whose pilots are known as the Paladins. At the crux of the war that ended with the destruction of planet Altea, Voltron was separated by King Alfora in order to protect Voltron from falling into the Galran Emperor Zarkon’s possession. King Alfor bounded the five lion’s energies to his daughter. Princess Allura, her retainer Koran,
In the present, the Galra Empire’s path of conquest and Voltron has led them to Earth’s solar system. A group of space pilots – Shiro, Keith, Lance, Pidge, and Hunk – discover the Blue Lion and immediately get swept up into the Galran War. They meet Princess Allura, become the next Paladins, and reunite the five lions to form Voltron and Emperor fights Zarkon’s nefarious schemes, with the hopes of ultimately defeating the entire Galra Empire.
Cast and characters
- Josh Keaton as Takashi “Shiro” Shirogane – the Black Paladin, pilot of the Black Lion and Guardian Spirit of Sky. Leader of the Defenders of the Universe, Shiro was captured by the Gala Empire a year before the start of the series. A natural, decisive leader, Shiro is calm and always in control. At the end of season two, Shiro reclaims his personal bayard from Zarkon, which allows them to defeat Zarkon, but Shiro mysteriously vanishes afterwards.
- Steven Yeun as Keith – the Red Paladin, pilot of the Red Lion and Guardian Spirit of Fire. Formerly a cadet at Galaxy Garrison before dropping out, Keith is an orphanand a lone wolf as a result. Sullen and temperamental, Keith spends his free time honing his skills for battle. In season two, Keith discovers he has Galra blood, from one of his parents who gave him a knife which associated him with a secret rebel group of the Gala called the Blade of Marmora.
- Jeremy Shada as Lance – the Blue Paladin, pilot of the Blue Lion and Guardian Spirit of Water. Lance was the fighter pilot of his team at Galaxy Garrison. Cocky and confident, Lance is the clown of the Defenders and likes to think of himself as a ladies’ man as well as the sharpshooter. Lance maintained a rivalry with Keith from when the two were at the Galaxy Garrison together.
- Bex Taylor-Klaus as Katie “Pidge” Holt – the Green Paladin, pilot of the Green Lion and Guardian Spirit of Forest. Katie disguised herself as a boy named Pidge Gunderson to get into Galaxy Garrison to find out what happened to her father and brother who disappeared whilst Shiro was also on. A technical genius, Pidge is the smartest Rover (Rover sacrificed Itself to protect Pidge).
- Tyler Labine as Hunk – the Yellow Paladin, pilot of the Yellow Lion and Guardian Spirit of Land. Hunk was the engineer of his team at Galaxy Garrison. A gentle giant with an equally wide appetite, Hunk is the heart of the team, lifting them up and making peace between them. After witnessing first hand the devastation and misery that Zarkon’s conquest of the universe has brought upon the people of various worlds, Hunk is determined to free those enslaved.
- Kimberly Brooks as Princess Allura – Crown Princess of Altea, Allura is the last female Altean. Zarkon and liberate the universe. All rights reserved. This article is free for republishing Source: Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search Gentle and a friend to all, wishes more than anything to finish her father’s work in Zarkon stopping. As an Altean, Allura’s abilities include the chameleon-like ability to be able to blend in with a species (incredible diplomats and explorers). She has a telepathic bond to some Altean mice that were in her cryo-pod with her.
- Rhys Darby as Koran – The Royal Advisor to Princess Allura and the last male Altean. Energetic and excitable, Koran serves Allura dutifully whilst being fiercely protective over her. He tends to ramble on and off about his past, especially about his supposedly daring feats or past experiences. Despite his odd and quirky character, he is a reliable and steadfast ally to his princess and the Paladins.
- Neil Kaplan as Emperor Zarkon – Zarkon is the Emperor of the ruthless Galra Empire, and ruler of most of the known universe after spending the last ten thousand years conquering it. He desires the Lions of Voltron, not only because they represent the biggest threat to his campaign, but because it is later revealed to be the Black Paladin. As such, the Lions is one of the first to be seen in the Black Lion. It is enough to go directly to the toes with the Lions themselves. At the end of season two, Zarkon faces Voltron and the Paladins in an experimental mecha armor and is defeated in critical condition, requiring life-support.
- Cree Summer as Witch Haggar – A mysterious and despicable witch, Haggar is Zarkon’s primary adviser, and leader of the Druids, dark mystics who fanatically serve the Galra Empire. Haggar is both a dangerous sorceress and a mad scientist. She combines her unnatural magicks with abominable science to create powerful weapons to arm soldiers, terrible monsters (dubbed “Ro-beasts” in the second season) to fight Voltron, and the whole planets (and other sources) of the mystical energy known as Quintessence . In battle, her magical abilities allow her to teleport, cast illusions, fog the mind with hallucinations, and use her hands to project energy blasts and shields. Haggar is revealed to be Altean in the second season finale, and orders the remaining Galran commanders to summon their lord ‘
On January 5, 2016, Netflix and DreamWorks Animation announced a new original animated Voltron series to debut in 2016 as an expansion of their existing multi-year agreement.  Voltron is one of several series planned for initial development and debut in 2016, including Guillermo del Toro ‘s animated Trollhunters .  Lauren Montgomery and Joaquim Dos Santos , both known for their work on the Avatar: The Last Airbender and its sequel The Legend of Korra , served as showrunners while fellow crew member Tim Hedrick served as head writer.  On March 25, 2016 at WonderCon it was announced that Steven Yeun as Keith, Jeremy Shadaas Lance, Bex Taylor-Klaus as Pidge, Josh Keaton as Shiro, Tyler Labine as Hunk, Kimberly Brooks as Princess Allura; And Rhys Darby as Coran and Neil Kaplan as King Zarkon.  Cree Witch Haggar.  Tyler Labineas Hunk, Kimberly Brooks as Princess Allura; And Rhys Darby as Coran and Neil Kaplan as King Zarkon.  Cree Witch Haggar.  Tyler Labine as Hunk, Kimberly Brooks as Princess Allura; And Rhys Darby as Coran and Neil Kaplan as King Zarkon.  Cree Witch Haggar. 
It was annoncé at San Diego Comic-Con That season two will premiere one Netflix in late 2016.  A few months later, at New York Comic Con , It was annoncé que le second season will premiere on January 20, 2017. [ 3] The second season saw a special premiere at the New York Comic Con on October 7, 2016, where an episode was shown at the Voltron panel.  The second season premiered on Netflix on January 20, 2017 and consisted of 13 episodes. 
The third season will premiere on Netflix on August 4, 2017, and similarly to season 2, will consist of 13 episodes. The series was revealed at WonderCon 2017 to have a 78-episode commitment from Netflix. 
|This section’s plot summary may be too long or excessively detailed . Please help improve it by removing unnecessary details and making it more concise. (February 2017) ( Learn how and when to remove this template message )|
Season 1 (2016)
All 11 episodes of Season 1 were released on June 10, 2016. The first episode is triple-length, creating a cumulative runtime for the industry standard of 13 episodes.
|title||Directed by||Written by|
|1||1||” The Rise of Voltron “||Joaquim Dos Santos
Ki Hyun Ryu
Steve In-Chang Ahn
|An expedition on the moon Kerberos is attacked and imprisoned by a hostile alien craft from the Galra Empire and are presumed dead. One year later on Earth, Garrison Cadets Lance, Pidge and Hunk witness a vessel crash land and learn that it contains one of the missing expedition members, Shiro, who has been quarantined by officials. As they form a rescue plan, Keith – a talented, but reckless academy washout – arrives and rescues Shiro before the five of them escape into the desert. Shiro is unable to remember anything from his captivity, but the group is able to determine that the Galra are searching for a weapon known as “Voltron”. They find a wide robotic blue lion in the desert and learn that it is only one of five lions that form Voltron.
The Blue Lion accepts Lance as its pilot and takes the five through a wormhole to the Castle of Lions on Arus, where they find Princess Allura, her royal advisor Koran and four space mice in cryostasis. Upon awakening, Allura is shocked to discover that 10,000 years have passed since they were placed in cryostasis. Haggar, advisor of Zarkon, leader of the Galra Empire, sense Allura’s return and Zarkon sends Galra troops commanded by Sendak after them. The Paladins’ Weapons, Vol. 6, p. Lance and Hunk retrieve the Yellow Lion while Shiro accompanies Pidge to find the Green Lion. The Red Lion, unfortunately, is in the hands of the very Galra ship advancing on Arus. Unsure of whether to run or fight,
Keith, Shiro and Pidge infiltrate the ship so Keith can find the Red Lion while Shiro and Pidge, who repurposes to Galra drone dubbed “Rover”, search the ship for prisoners, revealing to them that Pidge’s father and brother were the other missing astronauts from The Kerberos mission Shiro was on. With the other four lions retrieved, the Black Lion is released from the Castle and selects Shiro as its Paladin. All the lions united to form Voltron and destroy Send to the Defenders of the Universe.
|2||2||“Some Assembly Required”||Joaquim Dos Santos
Ki Hyun Ryu
|When the Paladins are unable to form a Voltron during a training session, Quran puts them through their own rigorous training in order to build a sense of brotherhood and trust between the Paladins. However, the Paladins fail miserably and are unable to connect. It is not until the Paladins engage in a food fight with Allura and Coran that they finally begin to work as a team and are successfully able to form Voltron.|
|3||3||“Return of the Gladiator”||Eugene Lee||Joshua Hamilton|
|As the Castle of Lions prepares for departure, the team is met by the arrival of a local Arusian. Allura heads to meet the villagers along with Koran, Hunk, Keith and Lance while Pidge and Shiro tends to the rescued prisoners from the Galra battleship. From there, they learned that Shiro was a champion fighter in the gladiator ring that he and Pidge’s brother, Matt were forced to fight in and that Shiro seemed to be attacked by Matt in bloodlust. Pidge and Shiro headed to the crashed by the arrival of a rod. During the fight, Shiro remembers the Robeast as the Galra warrior he defeated in battle and is able to use his previous tactics to defeat it. Keith uses his bayard to form Voltron’s sword, Allowing Voltron to deliver the finishing blow. Afterwards, Shiro reveals to Pidge that he remembered attacking Matt so that he would not be forced to fight and instead be sent to a work camp with his father. Pidge apologizes to Shiro and it is revealed Pidge’s real name is Katie. With the defeat of the Robeast, Sendak is tasked with acquiring Voltron.|
|4||4||“Fall of the Castle of Lions”||Steve In-Chang Ahn||Tim Hedrick|
|The team and Arusians celebrate Voltron’s victory in the castle, but the festivities come to a halt when Pidge reveals her intentions to leave the team and search for her missing father and brother. As the team tries to convince Pidge to stay, Haxus, one of Sendak’s soldiers, is able to sneak a bomb drone into the castle, causing it to destroy the entire castle. Kanan and Hunk leave to acquire a new crystal, Keith and Allura rush to the Arusian village as it is being attacked by the Galra while Shiro and Pidge remain at the castle with Lance. Shiro before plugging a Galran crystal into the castle, the attack on the Arusian village being a distraction. Pidge evades capture and with Allura’s guidance is able to sabotage the Galra ‘ S efforts to launch the Castle. Meanwhile, Hunk and Qur’an arrives at a nearby Balmera, a large petrified creature the size of a planet from which the Alteans acquire crystals. They discover that it has been taken over by the Galra and crash in the subterranean mines.|
|5||5||“Tears of the Balmera”||Chris Palmer||Joshua Hamilton|
|Hunk and Koran meet local Balmerans, Shay and Rax, who help them hide from the Galra. Shay admits the two and wants to help them, but Rax is cautious and insists they leave. Hunk and Koran are able to sneak past the Galra to find a crystal, but are captured and imprisoned. Shay helps them escape with the crystal, but is captured by the Gala after her brother informs them of Shay’s actions. Hunk promises to return and save her people before he and Koran return to Arus. Still trapped outside the castle, Keith and Allura are unable to help Pidge take back the Castle. With Allura’s guidance, Pidge is able to continuously sabotage the Castle’s systems to further delay Sendak’s take off. In flashback, Katie Holt watches the news in horror as she learns of her father and brother’s apparent demise on the mission to Kerberos. Katie breaks into the Galaxy Garrison and accesses Iverson’s files of the mission. When she is caught by Iverson, she presses him on the crash. Iverson reprimands her and bans her from ever entering the Garrison again. Some time later, Katie enrolls in the Garrison, but cuts her hair and wears glasses, passing herself off as a male student named Pidge Gunderson. The space to parry barrier, allowing Allura and Keith to enter the Castle and help Pidge against Sendak. With Lance in recovery and Sendak imprisoned, Pidge decides to remain on the team. Garrison again. Iverson reprimands her and bans her from ever entering the Garrison again. Some time later, Katie enrolls in the Garrison, but cuts her hair and wears glasses, passing herself off as a male student named Pidge Gunderson. The space to parry barrier, allowing Allura and Keith to enter the Castle and help Pidge against Sendak. With Lance in recovery and Sendak imprisoned, Pidge decides to remain on the team. Garrison again. Iverson reprimands her and bans her from ever entering the Garrison again. Some time later, Katie enrolls in the Garrison, but cuts her hair and wears glasses, passing herself off as a male student named Pidge Gunderson. The space to parry barrier, allowing Allura and Keith to enter the Castle and help Pidge against Sendak. With Lance in recovery and Sendak imprisoned, Pidge decides to remain on the team.|
|6||6||“Taking Flight”||Eugene Lee||Tim Hedrick|
|The team welcomes Lance back after a period in the healing pod before deciding on their next move. Hunk brings up the plight of Shay and her people; Prompting them to launch a liberation mission. Pidge also finally gets a weight off her shoulders by revealing her gender to the rest of the group. On the way to the Balmera, the team stops to help two rebels, Rolo and Nyma, on the run from the Galra. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Lance flirts with Nyma, who convinces her to take her for a ride in the Blue Lion, but once they are alone, Nyma ties The other Paladins pursue them into an asteroid field and Keith is able to flush them out and they reclaim the Blue Lion.|
|7||7||“Return to the Balmera”||Steve In-Chang Ahn||May Chan|
|Allura, Koran and the Paladins return to the Balmera to free the natives, but must hold back their firepower so as not to hurt the Balmera. Shiro and Pidge scout for Galran forces, who are strangely absent, while Lance and Keith work to disable a Galran fleet of ships. Hunk searches for the prisons and is able to find Shay’s family, including her brother Rax, but learns that she was taken by the Galer to the heart of the Balmera after they arrived. The Paladins make their way to the Balmera’s core to rescue her, but fall into a trap. Shay uses the Balmera to transmit a message to her family, who are able to free themselves with the Balmera’s help. The Paladins form Voltron and are able destroy the Galran fleet, but their victory is short-lived by the arrival of another Robeast.|
|8||8||“Rebirth”||Chris Palmer||Joshua Hamilton|
|The Paladins scramble to battle the new Robeast, whose omni-directional view and multi-firing ability make it difficult for Voltron to counter, forcing them to retreat to the tunnels below and regroup. They learn that the Balmera is dying and unless they leave, everything on the Balmera will die as well. Though the Balmerans are reluctant to leave their home, Allura convinces them to flee to safety. The Paladins distract the Robeast while the Balmerans climb to the surface to escape on the Castle ship. However, the Balmera’s waning life force causes structural damage to the tunnels, leaving many of the Balmerans trapped. Unable to fully evacuate, Allura decides to perform an ancient ritual once performed by her people to rejuvenate the Balmeran. Hunk’s bayard forms a wide shoulder cannon for Voltron, Granting the Paladins equal fire power against the Robeast, but they are still unable to defeat it. With help from the Balmerans, Allura’s ritual is able to revive the Balmera, which defeats the Robeast by encasing it in crystal.|
|9||9||“Crystal Venom”||Eugene Lee||May Chan|
|As Allura recovers, she spends her time enjoying the company of her father’s artificial intelligence. With Sendak in custody, Zarkon and the Galra empire. While waiting, the Castle begins displaying a strange behavior: Hunk and Pidge are attacked by malfunctioning kitchen equipment and later stuck in zero-G, Lance is locked in a cryo chamber and later while Keith is attacked by a rogue Training droid. Shiro monitors Sendak and begins to interrogate him, but is mentally tormented by Sendak. Quran concludes that Alfor’s AI has been corrupted by the lingering effects of the Galran crystal as they try to stop Allura, convinced that Alfor is taking her back to Altea, From driving the castle into an imploding star. At the urgency of the real Alfor, Allura tearfully destroys her father’s memories in order to save the ship. Despite the loss, Allura stands strong and maintains that Voltron is her father’s legacy.|
|10||10||“Collection and Extraction”||Steve In-Chang Ahn||Tim Hedrick|
|While combing through Sendak’s memories, the team discovers the location of a secret Galran transport hub. Allura joins the Paladins in infiltrating the station in order to extract information, but find nothing useful. Allura decides to infiltrate the ship herself to extract its information by making use of her Altean ability to change her skin color and height, allowing her to resemble a Galran soldier. Shiro accompani her, unwilling to let her go alone. While waiting, the Paladins spot one of the Druids with two large containers of yellow fluid. Keith pursues them and Koran discovers that the Galets have a new way to harvest Quintessence, a form of fuel that has also been allowed Zarkon to live 10,000 years. Keith is discovered and battles the druid, Pidge’s Green Lion. Pidge’s Green Lion. Pidge’s Green Lion. Shiro and Allura are also discovered and flee to the escape pods, but Allura sacrifices herself to allow Shiro to escape and she is captured by the Galra.|
|11||11||“The Black Paladin”||Chris Palmer||Joshua Hamilton|
|With Allura’s capture, the Paladins are quick to mount a rescue mission. When they arrive, Zarkon activates a particle barrier, trapping them inside. Voltron is quick to destroy most of the Galran forces, but are forcibly separated somehow by Zarkon and Haggar. The Paladins scramble to rescue Allura while Shiro is suddenly ejected from the Black Lion. Huggins and Hubbards. The Haggar and Huggers are all over the world. Zarkon moves to claim the Black Lion, revealing himself as the original Black Paladin of Voltron, but Keith intercepts and battles him, against Coran’s advice. Zarkon overpowers Keith’s Red Lion with his mastery over the black bayard, being able to form a multitude of different weapons in an instant. Before Zarkon can kill Keith, Shiro rescues him with the Black Lion. The Castle-ship is a castle to escape, until suddenly one of Zarkon’s commanders destroys the sentries guarding the barrier generator and shuts it down. As they escape through a wormhole, Haggar hits it with her lightning, causing the portal to become unstable. The lions are separated from the castle in the wormhole, each of them falling to parts unknown.|
Season 2 (2017)
All 13 episodes of Season 2 were released on January 20, 2017. Each episode runs for 23 minutes.
|title||Directed by||Written by|
|12||1||“Across the Universe”||Steve In-Chang Ahn||May Chan|
|The lions fall out of the wormhole in different places, while Coran and Allura are trapped in a seemingly endless time loop. Meanwhile, Zarkon seeks to uncover the person responsible for the Paladins escape. Pidge exits the corrupted wormhole in a junk nebula with debris from various alien technologies, which she uses to send a homing beacon to the Castle, thus breaking the time loop. Keith and Shiro crash on a nearly dead moon. With Shiro growing weaker from the wound Haggar inflicted on him in the previous episode, they work together to survive the local wildlife until their lions are back on-line.|
|13||2||“The Depths”||Eugene Lee||Joshua Hamilton|
|Hunk and Lance crash-land underwater and follow a mermaid to a civilization whose queen promises to keep them safe and help find the others. While resting, Lance is kidnapped by a trio of mer-people who believe the queen to be mind controlling the populace. Only after freeing Hunk of the control and capturing the queen do they realize that the Baku, which was a food source to the people, was really an alien predator beast. Lance channels a new weapon from his Blue Lion and kills the Baku, and as a thank you as the old energy beacon which brings Pidge to their rescue.|
|14||3||“Shiro’s Escape”||Chris Palmer||Tim Hedrick|
|After the teams reformation after the corrupted wormhole, Shiro is in a recovery pod and vividly dreams the day he escaped – Galra scientist Ulaz releases Shiro, instructs him to get back to Earth and find Voltron. Shiro also expresses that not all Galra (Zarkon) was the previous Black Paladin of Voltron. Finding space co-ordinates in Shiro’s artificial arm, the Paladins locate Ulaz, who reveals he is part of an order known as the Blade of Marmora who are hidden within many ranks of Zarkon’s Empire. Praxas, who is remade into a Ro-Beast, finds the Paladins and quickly gains the upper hand, until Ulaz sacrifices himself to destroy the monster. Before his death, Blaze of the Mamora’s headquarters; Zarkon is tracking them. Shiro and the group decide to wait until they learn how Zarkon is tracking them.|
|15||4||“Greening the Cube”||Eugene Lee||Lars Kenseth|
|While making the castle, the Paladins encounter unusual spongy spores that lead them to a planet of brilliant engineers-the Olkari. When landing, Team Voltron meet the Olkari people in the forest, where they adapt machine to nature based technologies. When rescuing the Olkarian king Lubos, Team Voltron finds he willingly sold out his Zarkon’s forces. As Voltron engages the super-weapon, it learns and adapts to their attacks, even replicating them. After Pidge has help from the Olkari, she reconnects to her Green Lion in a way that allows her to summon a new weapon, which when the Black Cubes attempt to clone, instead grow massive plant roots. When leaving Olkarian space, the Castle of Lions is intercepted by a Galra war fleet.|
|16||5||“Eye of the Storm”||Steve In-Chang Ahn||Joshua Hamilton|
|Exhausted after a battle, the crew must spring back into action when Zarkon’s forces track them down. Though they manage to escape, their wormhole generator begins malfunctioning while in slipstream because of broken Teludav lenses. Koran gets a case of the Slipperies (an Altean flu which causes profuse sweating all over). When Team Voltron gets some rest-Lance and Keith to make it to a pool, Hunk makes transparent blue cookies, Pidge learns beginner Altaean, and Shiro is on watch. Zarkon’s ship discovers them again and another battle and jump leaves them without anymore crystal lenses needed for another wormhole. When it comes to a cosmic storm cloud, Allura comes to some realization that Zarkon is following them by tracking her energies. In engineering, Qur’an details what type of lenses they need, then Pidge remembers Hunk ‘ S cookies are exactly what they need. Qur’an positions the paladins in a unique fashion INSIDE the wormhole in order to fully function. Using his Slipperies, Koran lubricates the lenses which completely jumps the castle away from Zarkon.|
|17||6||“The Ark of Taujeer”||Chris Palmer||Mark Bemesderfer|
|On the ravaged planet of Taujeer, Galra commander Marvok strips the planet of resources and prevents the citizen’s escape. AllAfrica.com: Zarkon’s rule is the only way to fight Zarkon’s rule. The remaining four Paladins arrives on Taujeer to help the Ark escape, only to be fired upon by Galra forces closest to them as Zarkon located them none the less. When Keith & Allura are informed by Qur’an they try to use the booster to come up soon to end up destroying their pod. Hunk activates a new power up for his Yellow Lion which prevents the Ark from falling into a lake of acid. The Red Lion ventures into space to Keith & Allura’s position and retrieves them to form Voltron, which defeats the Galra ship.|
|18||7||“Space Mall”||Eugene Lee||Tim Hedrick|
|Shiro attempts to create a deeper bond with the Black Lion, while Quran takes the others to a swap meet, where they have some strange adventures. After Quran details his time in the swap meets as edgy and filled with space pirates, they arrive and find it to resemble an average mall on Earth. Varkon, a bumbling mall rent-a-cop, sees the four Paladins drop their terrible disguises and pursues them through the mall. Keith goes to a knife salesman for information on the blade he has, but learns it from an extinct people. The Vrepit Sal is the perfect place for you to reside. Pidge and Lance Earth material from the 1980’s. They all eventually meet up with Koran who has the lenses. Meanwhile, the Black Lion reveals how it was created, and how Zarkon & Alfor were once friends. Zarkon then connects to Shiro on the psychic plane, but Shiro’s words of trusting his Lion earn his protection and defeat of Zarkon in the psychic plane. Waking up, Zarkon loses more connection to the Black Lion and Shiro is now more connected to the Black Lion. Afterwards, knowing Zarkon can not track them, Shiro orders the Castle to the HQ of the Blade of Marmora.|
|19||8||“The Blade of Marmora”||Steve In-Chang Ahn||Mark Bemesderfer|
|Upon reaching the HQ of the Blade of Marmora, it is located in a safe spot between two black holes and a supergiant star. Keith and Shiro, who are in the midst of an alliance with Kolivan and his lieutenant Antok. But Keith’s possession of one of their blades causes immediate friction with the Trials of Marmora to resolve them one of two results: knowledge or death. Keith must fight to unlock about his past, and with each and every fight more and more. Galra invasion, giving Keith a choice: stay and learn, or leave and rescue. The Red Lion attacks the base sensing Keith’s endangerment, and on deciding to end this mistrust and gain their alliance, Keith relents his dagger, Keith has part Galra ancestry. Keith is part of Galra ancestry. Meanwhile, Commander Thace (the Marmora spy which shutdown the Solar Shield) alerts the Order that the investigation is escalating and the timetable must escalate to now!|
|20||9||“The Belly of the Weblum”||Chris Palmer||Joshua Hamilton|
|The Paladins split up for a showdown with Zarkon. Hunk and Keith travels into the belly of the planet-devouring creature known as a Weblum for Scaultrite, a material needed in wormhole generators. While there, the instructional Qur’an is made corroded. The duo successfully enter the Weblum, but are separated after the first stomach, leaving Keith in the second and Hunk in the Weblum’s bloodstream. In the second stomach, Keith finds a trapped, silent Galra pilot who helps him journey through the third stomach to reach the scaultrite. As the Weblum’s defenses flare, the only way to make the scaultrite is for the hunk to threaten the beast enough outside to form the crystals. Upon the Weblum firing its beam, Keith packs more than enough scaultrite, But the Galran with him holds him up for a single full bag, and escapes. Keith thanks Hunk for his efforts, and Hunk pokes at Keith’s newly learned Galra ancestry.|
|21||10||“Escape from Beta Traz”||Eugene Lee||Mitch Iverson|
|By the information provided by the Blade of Marmora, Lance, Pidge and Shiro infiltrate a facility to free the only prisoner of the Galra Space Station Beta Traz. Upon successful infiltration, Pidge locates two cells instead of the one they were informed of. Pidge stays in the Main Command Center, goal Lance and Shiro must reach and connect to the isolated Third level holding the two prisoners. Lance gains a 3D render of a Galra officer for the facial recognition. Pidge goes silent when the station warden goes to the Command Center. Lance escorts his choice out, while Shiro deals with his being impossible because of his predicting statistical improbabilities of his death from the smallest thing. When Pidge is disabling the remaining security features, She finds footage of her brother Matt’s escape. When the gravity is shut off, Shiro with Slav regroups with Lance, who learns he actually has the personal pet Laika. In the hangar, everyone is regrouped but the Warden overpowers them until Slav opens the hangar doors to save the Paladins. Lance uses his love to save Slav from the Warden and the mission is a success.|
|22||11||“Stayin ‘Alive”||Steve In-Chang Ahn||May Chan|
|Allura travels to the Balmera to acquire a powerful crystal. Ro-Beast from their last encounter prompts her to call on the Paladins for help. The creature, now merged with part of the encasing crystal it was once in, makes its way to the Castle as Allura goes skyward to protect the Balmera. Allura warps in the Paladins who regroup to their Lions to form Voltron. As they fight it, the team use their new weapons to subdue the Robeast and form Voltron to finally destroy the monster. Back on board the Castle, it is more apparent that since learning Keith’s part Galra, Allura has a cold attitude to him. On the Olkarian home world, the super teludav is operational, and the team reminisce about their time since coming together. Meanwhile,|
|23||12||“Best Laid Plans”||Chris Palmer||Joshua Hamilton|
|After acquiring the teludav from Olkari, the team prepares to launch the operation to defeat Zarkon and bring peace to the universe. When the Marmorans have not heard from Thace, they urge a delay in action, while Allura argues they continue. Keith plans to infiltrate the main ship of the Galra Fleet, but before leaving Allura stops him to explain that since she is gone. Following Thace’s capture, the Druids interview him, and allow him to escape. Haggar helps Zarkon find the Black Lion, Zarkon’s fleet arrives, Shiro distracts while Keith sneaks aboard. Despite the battle is a trap, Zarkon is too engrossed in reclaiming the black Lion. Since the Druids rewrote the shield codes, the plan adapts to the core room into a bomb and cripple Zarkon ‘ S ship. When the Druids are sent after Thace while Zarkon has a rematch with Team Voltron. Thace sacrifices itself to cause the power to overload and explode, just as the cloak teludav loses its cloak, and Zarkon’s ship loses power. As Zarkon’s ship is wormholed to another reach of the universe far away, the Paladins pursue to finally end Zarkon.|
|24||13||“Blackout”||Eugene Lee||Tim Hedrick|
|The Paladins fight to systematically destroy the base to prevent Zarkon’s return. As Zarkon himself goes to battle Voltron, Haggar & her Druids go to protect their emperor as he reads his armor, which untested could kill him as well as Voltron. Before Zarkon can do anything, Haggar uses her dark magic to forcefully remove the Quintessence from Voltron, but is overloaded by the purity of Volton. While the Lions are unresponsive, their Paladins still live, Zarkon’s goal arrives in a Ro-beast in his image. Zarkon’s Ro-beast. Zarkon’s Ro-beast. Allura, Kolivan and Antok go to battle Haggar to keep her from using her witchcraft from delaying Voltron. As their battles rage, Zarkon splits Voltron back to the individual Lions; Allura and Kolivan triumph in their fights, While Antok perishes at the hand of Haggar and another Druid. Shiro awakens to see his team being beaten, and the Bayard access to his Black Lion activates, activating its Transcendent Wings to Zarkon’s Ro-Beast and reclaim the original Black Bayard. As their fight continues, Haggar is revealed to be Altaean, and Allura learns she has the power to command Quintessence, which she uses to defeat Haggar and Kolivan avenges Antok. Forming Voltron, the Paladins fight with new strength and Shiro uses his Bayard to supercharge the Voltron Sword and destroy Zarkon’s Ro-Beast armor. S Ro-Beast and reclaim the original Black Bayard. As their fight continues, Haggar is revealed to be Altaean, and Allura learns she has the power to command Quintessence, which she uses to defeat Haggar and Kolivan avenges Antok. Forming Voltron, the Paladins fight with new strength and Shiro uses his Bayard to supercharge the Voltron Sword and destroy Zarkon’s Ro-Beast armor. S Ro-Beast and reclaim the original Black Bayard. As their fight continues, Haggar is revealed to be Altaean, and Allura learns she has the power to command Quintessence, which she uses to defeat Haggar and Kolivan avenges Antok. Forming Voltron, the Paladins fight with new strength and Shiro uses his Bayard to supercharge the Voltron Sword and destroy Zarkon’s Ro-Beast armor.
After the battle, back in the Castle hangar, the Paladins discover that Shiro has vanished from the Black Lion leaving the bayard behind. On Zarkon’s ship, Zarkon is on life support, prompting Haggar to summon Prince Lotor.
Season 3 (2017)
The third season will consist of 13 episodes,  and will be released on August 4, 2017. 
Voltron: Legendary Defender received critical acclaim. The review aggregator web site Rotten Tomatoes is a 100% approval for the first season, based on 11 reviews, with Critic Consensus being that “Voltron: Legendary Defender honors its source material with beautifully expressive animation and impactful action.” 
Awards and nominations
|2017||44th Annie Awards||Best / Animated TV Broadcast Production For Children’s Audience||Episode: “Return of the Gladiator”||Nominated|||
|Kidscreen Awards||Best Animated Series, Teens and Tweens||Voltron: Legendary Defender||Nominated|||
Two comic series detailing events happening in January 2016. Taking story ideas that were deemed too outlandish and too epic to be contained in a 23-minute episode of the animated series, these comic series bridges the lapse between seasons. 
Volume 1 (2016)
The first miniseries consisted of 5 issues, published by Lion Forge Comics . Tim Hedrick and Mitch Iverson, and illustrated by Digital Art Chefs. A special cover variant of issue # 1 was available at San Diego Comic Conin 2016, with a limited release of 250 copies.  Issue # 2 Was released on August 2, 2016,  Followed by issue # 3 on October 5, 2016,  issue # 4 on November 9, 2016,  and issue # 5 on November 20 , 2016.  The whole series will be in a graphic novel and was initially scheduled for a December 2016 release,  but got finally pushed back to January 3, 2017, then was finally released January 25, 2017 according to Lion Forge.   The second series will be announced after the release of the graphic novel.  A motion comic of issue 1 with full voice acting by the series was released on June 15, 2017 at the DreamWorksTV Youtubechannel. 
|outcome||Release Date||Writer (s)||Artist (s)||Collection||ISBN|
|# 1 ||July 13, 2016||Tim Hedrick
|Digital Art Chefs||Voltron: Legendary Defender – Volume 1
RELEASED JANUARY 25, 2017
|# 2 ||August 24, 2016|
|# 3 ||October 5, 2016|
|# 4 ||November 9, 2016|
|# 5 ||November 30, 2016|
Volume 2 (2017)
During the Voltron: Legendary Defender panel at Wondercon 2017, it was announced that the second series of five issues would debut in May 2017.  The date was pushed back to late June due to production delays. 
Promotion and merchandising
To Promote the series in between the release of season 1 and 2, has Robeast fanart contest Was annoncé via social media on October 18, 2016.  The winner Was annoncé on December 27, 2016 on social media under the username “Zilla B “. 
- Jump up^ “Voltron: Legendary Defender” . Netflix Media Center . Retrieved June 12, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Watch Voltron Online | Netflix” . Www.netflix.com . Retrieved April 26, 2016 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Serrao, Nivea (October 7, 2016). “Voltron: Legendary Defender announcements season 2 release date” . Entertainment Weekly . Retrieved October 7, 2016 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Kelley, Shamus (February 20, 2017). “Voltron Season 3 Confirmed” . Den of Geek ! . Retrieved February 23, 2017 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Voltron: Legendary Defender # 1” . LionForge.com . Lion Forge Comics . Retrieved January 30, 2017 .
- Jump up^ “Playmates Voltron Legendary Defender 14″ Electronic Voltron ” Voltron.com Retrieved June 16, 2017 .
- Jump up^ “Netflix and DreamWorks Animation Expand Global Relationship” . Netflix Media Center . January 5, 2016 . Retrieved April 26, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Barder, Ollie (January 6, 2016). “Netflix And DreamWorks Are Working On An Animated Reboot Of ‘Voltron ‘ ” . Forbes . Retrieved April 26, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “DreamWorks and Netflix reveal Voltron: Legendary Defender animated series showrunners” . Nerd Reactor . Retrieved April 26, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Nicholson, By. “WonderCon: Netflix’s Voltron Animated Series – Release Date Set, Voice Cast Announced” . IGN . Retrieved April 26, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Cree Summer will voice Haggar the Witch” . Retrieved May 1,2016 .
- Jump up^ Phillips, Jevon (July 24, 2016). ” ‘ Voltron: Legendary Defender’ gets a second season on Netflix” . Los Angeles Times . Retrieved August 20, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Lesnick, Silas. “DreamWorks Animation and Netflix Head to New York Comic-Con” . Comingsoon.net . Retrieved September 26,2016 .
- Jump up^ Miller, Geoff (June 11, 2017). “Voltron: Legendary Defender S3 Trailer Reveals Release Date” . CBR.com . Retrieved June 12,2017 .
- Jump up^ “Voltron Legendary Defender Rotten Tomatoes” . Rottentomatoes.com . Retrieved July 17, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Hipes, Patrick (November 28, 2016). “‘Zootopia’ Leads Annie Awards Nominations” . Deadline . Retrieved December 31, 2016.
- Jump up^ “And the 2017 Kidscreen Awards winners are …” . February 14, 2017.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “Voltron Legendary Defender Graphic Novel initial date” . Dreamworks . Retrieved July 17, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Voltron Legendary Defender Comic SDCC Cover Variant” . Comicsalliance.com. Archived from the original on July 30, 2016. Retrieved August 13, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Voltron Legendary Defender Comic Issue # 2 Release Date” . Lionforge Comics . Retrieved August 29, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Voltron Legendary Defender Comic Issue # 3 Release Date” . Lionforge Comics . Retrieved September 26, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Voltron Legendary Defender Comic Issue # 4 Release Date” . Lionforge Comics . Retrieved November 7, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Voltron Legendary Defender Comic Issue # 5 Release Date” . Lionforge Comics . Retrieved December 7, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Voltron Legendary Defender Trade Paper Back Release Date” . Lionforge. January 11, 2017 . Retrieved December 21,2016 .
- Jump up^ “Voltron: Legendary Defender – Volume 1 Trade Paperback Release Date” . Lionforge. January 25, 2017 . Retrieved January 30, 2017 .
- Jump up^ [MOTION COMIC] Shakedown at the Fripping Bulgogian DREAMWORKS VOLTRON LEGENDARY DEFENDER ( Motion comic ). DreamWorksTV . June 15, 2017.}
- Jump up^ “Voltron: Legendary Defender # 2” . LionForge.com . Lion Forge Comics . Retrieved January 30, 2017 .
- Jump up^ “Voltron: Legendary Defender # 3” . LionForge.com . Lion Forge Comics . Retrieved January 30, 2017 .
- Jump up^ “Voltron: Legendary Defender # 4” . LionForge.com . Lion Forge Comics . Retrieved January 30, 2017 .
- Jump up^ “Voltron: Legendary Defender # 5” . LionForge.com . Lion Forge Comics . Retrieved January 30, 2017 .
- Jump up^ “Voltron: Legendary Defender – Comic Series 2 Announcement” . Lionforge. April 1, 2017 . Retrieved April 2,2017 .
- Jump up^ “Voltron Legendary Defender Comic Series 2 new release date” . Lionforge Comics. May 26, 2017 . Retrieved June 10,2017 .
- Jump up^ “Robeast contest announcement” . Voltron.com. October 18, 2016 . Retrieved December 31, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Robeast contest announcement” . Voltron.com. December 27, 2016 . Retrieved December 31, 2016 .