All Hail King Julien is an American computer-animated comedy web television series. It stars characters from the DreamWorks animated film Madagascar . It stars thelemur King Julien from the Madagascar franchise and takes place in Madagascar before the events of the first film making it a prequel .  It is the second Dreamworks show to be based on the Madagascar franchise.
The series debuted on December 19, 2014 on Netflix when the first five-minute episodes were released.  Season 2 Was released on October 16, 2015.  Season 3 Was released on June 17, 2016,  and season 4 (the final season of the first series) Was released on November 11, 2016. [ 6] A sequel series, titled All Hail King Julien: Exiled , premiered on May 12, 2017. 
When King Julien XII (also known as Uncle King Julien), is a very strict and cowardly ring-tailed lemur which is forced to be attacked by fossa (spelled and pronounced as “foosa” Masikura that he will be eaten by the foosa, he hands down his kingship to his nephew King Julien XIII, a selfish, notorious animal party, and leaves him with an entire kingdom of lemurs to lead on his own. While Uncle King Julien is gone the new King Julien gets into various troubles in the company of his adviser Maurice, his head of security Clover, and Mort. All the while, his devious uncle returns and tries to get rid of his nephew to reclaim the throne. Outside of Uncle King Julien and the foosa,
At the end of the fourth season, King Julien is dethroned and forced into exile by Koto and his army.
|First released||Last released|
|1||10||December 19, 2014||April 3, 2015|
|2||16||October 16, 2015|
|3||13||June 17, 2016|
|4||13||November 11, 2016|
|First released||Last released|
|1||13||May 12, 2017|
- Danny Jacobs as King Julien XIII 
- Andy Richter as Death 
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Maurice 
- India of Beaufort as Clover 
- Henry Winkler as Uncle King Julien XII 
- Dwight Schultz as Karl
- David Krumholtz as Timo 
- Betsy Sodaro as Xixi 
- Debra Wilson as Masikura 
The series was announced in March 2014 as part of an agreement between Netflix and DreamWorks Animation , under which the studio will develop more than 300 hours of exclusive programming for the service. The series is based on the characters from Madagascar , but is a prequel, set prior to the events of the film series.  Danny Jacobs , Andy Richter , Kevin Michael Richardson reprise their roles from the previous Madagascar TV series , while Henry Winkler and India from Beaufort joined the cast. 
The series has been released to critical acclaim. After the initial release of the first five episodes, Robert Lloyd of the Los Angeles Times wrote “his succeeds on matters of style, script, timing and performance, not the number of individual hairs rendered in a patch of fur.” Julien delivers on all the important accounts. ” 
|2015||Daytime Emmy Awards  ||Outstanding Children’s Animated Program||Bret Haaland, Mitch Watson, Randy Dormans, Nicholas Filippi, Chris Neuhahn and Katie Ely||Won|
|Outstanding Performer in an Animated Program||Danny Jacobs (as King Julien)||Won|
|Outstanding Casting for an Animated Series or Special||Ania O’Hare||Won – tied with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles|
|Outstanding Directing in an Animated Program||Christo Stamboliev||Nominated|
|Outstanding Original Song – Main Title and Promo||Will Fuller and Alex Geringas (for “Who’s in the King”)||Nominated|
|2016||Daytime Emmy Awards  ||Outstanding Children’s Animated Program||Bret Haaland, Mitch Watson, Randy Dormans, Chris Neuhahn and Katie Ely||Nominated|
|Outstanding Performer in an Animated Program||Danny Jacobs (as King Julien)||Nominated|
|Outstanding Writing in an Animated Program||Mitch Watson, Michael Ryan, Sharon Flynn and Elliott Owen||Won|
|Outstanding Directing in an Animated Program||Stephen Heneveld, Christopher Stamboliev, James Wootton and Collette Sunderman||Nominated|
|Outstanding Sound Editing – Animation||Devon Bowman, Chris Gresham, Andrew Ing, DJ Lynch, Peter Munters, Lawrence Reyes, Ian Nyeste, Mishelle Fordham, Aran Tanchum and Vincent Guisetti||Nominated|
|Outstanding Sound Mixing – Animation||Devon Bowman, Vicki Lemar, Aran Tanchum, Ian Nyeste and DJ Lynch||Nominated|
|Outstanding Original Song||Frederik Wiedmann and Mitch Watson (for “True Bromance”)||Won|
|2017||Annie Awards||Outstanding Achievement, Editorial in an Animated TV / Broadcast Production||King Julien Superstar!||Nominated|
- Jump up^ “Who’s in the King (All Hail King Julien Theme) – Single” . ITunes . Retrieved December 13, 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e f g DreamWorks Animation (November 3, 2014). “The Wildest Party Ever Hits the Jungle When the Netflix Original Series ALL HAIL KING JULIEN Debuts Dec. 19” (Press release). PR Newswire . Retrieved November 3, 2014 .
- Jump up^ “King Julien” . DreamWorks . Retrieved September 26, 2014 .
- Jump up^ Liu, Ed (October 15, 2015). “CLIP:” All Hail King Julien “‘s Return to Netflix on October 16, 2015” . ToonZone . Retrieved October 15, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Diaz, Eric (June 16, 2016). “DreamWorks’ All Hail King Julien Country Tribute to Two Peaks” . Nerdist . Retrieved August 21,2016 .
- Jump up^ “Netflix’s New Releases Coming in November 2016” . The Hollywood Reporter . October 21, 2016 . Retrieved November 12,2016 .
- Jump up^ Mallenbaum, Carly (April 24, 2017). “Netflix in May: What’s coming and going” . USA Today . Retrieved April 26, 2017 .
- Jump up^ Evry, May (April 4, 2015). “Interview: David Krumholtz Gets Animated in All Hail King Julien and Sausage Party” . ComingSoon.net . Retrieved August 9, 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Wild Voices” (PDF) . MPRM . Retrieved 9 August 2015 .
- Jump up^ Spangler, Todd (March 13, 2014). “Netflix to Add Three Original Series from DreamWorks Animation, Sets Debut for New ‘Turbo FAST’ Episodes” . Variety . Retrieved August 21, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “DreamWorks Animation’s All Hail King Julien Debuts on Netflix in December” . ComingSoon.net. March 13, 2014 . Retrieved November 24, 2014 .
- Jump up^ Spangler, Todd (November 3, 2014). “Netflix to Stagger Rollout of ‘All Hail King Julien’ Series from DreamWorks Animation” . Variety . Retrieved August 21, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Lloyd, Robert (December 19, 2014). “Review: ‘All Hail King Julien’ lets the ‘Madagascar’ rave begin” . Los Angeles Times . Retrieved December 20, 2014 .
- Jump up^ Milligan, Mercedes (April 1, 2015). “2015 Daytime Emmy Nominations Announced” . Animation Magazine . Retrieved August 21, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Amidi, Amid (April 25, 2015). “Daytime Emmy Awards Hail King Julien” . Cartoon Brew . Retrieved August 21, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Milligan, Mercedes (March 25, 2016). “DWA Netflix Series Dominate Daytime Emmy Animation Names” . Animation Magazine . Retrieved August 21, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Milligan, Mercedes (May 2, 2016). “‘Tumble Leaf’ Leads Animated Daytime Emmy Creative Winners” . Animation Magazine . Retrieved August 21, 2016 .