Abstract: The Art of Design is a Netflix original documentary series highlighting artists in the field of design. It was released on Netflix on February 10, 2017.   The series was created by Wired editor-in-chief Scott Dadich. 
The first season profiled illustrator Christoph Niemann , Nike shoe designer Tinker Hatfield , stage designer Es Devlin , architect Bjarke Ingels , automotive designer Ralph Gilles , graphic designer Paula Scher , photographer Plato , and interior designer Ilse Crawford . 
- Jump up^ “Mark Mothersbaugh to Score ‘The LEGO Ninjago Movie'” . Movie Music Reporter. February 13, 2017 . Retrieved February 18, 2017 .
- Jump up^ “A NEW SERIES ABOUT THE VISIONARY DESIGNERS WHO SHAPE OUR WORLD” . WIRED . Retrieved 2017-02-06 .
- Jump up^ “What’s New on Netflix: February 2017” . Vulture . Retrieved 2017-02-11 .
- Jump up^ “Meet the Designers Featured in Netflix’s New Series’ Abstract: The Art of Design – Format Magazine” .
- Jump up^ “Netflix launches new documentary series Abstract: The Art of Design with a stellar lineup” . It’s Nice That . 2017-01-19 . Retrieved 2017-02-11 .