Chelsea is an American web television late-night talk show hosted by comedian Chelsea Handler .  The show debuted on May 11, 2016 and streams Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday each week worldwide.  There will be 90 episodes of the talk show per year and each episode will be 30 minutes.  The show tapes Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of each week that it airs.  It’s Netflix’s first talk show. 
The show covers “real topics” with a sense of humor like Chelsea Does , with guest celebrities.  Her comedic partner Chuy will not be part of the series .  The show will have a global outlook as Handler said, “Netflix makes me able to do stories that are global, and it makes me able to pay attention to the stuff. Disseminated into all these different countries. ” 
In July 2016, it was announced that it had been renewed for a second season, which began on April 14, 2017.  
Chelsea is a part of Handler’s deal with Netflix which has a special stand-up titled Uganda Be Kidding Me Live    and a four-part documentary called Chelsea Does. The theme song was written by electro pop artist. 
On March 16, 2016, Handler announced on Twitter that each episode would be released at 12:01 am US Pacific Time (3:01 am US Eastern and 8:01 am UTC ) on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings, three times a week , Including holiday periods where episodes would be “banked” for release or reduced to airing two per week.  On that same day, Handler submitted a hand-written memo to the memo said “PREMIERES MAY 11TH”.    She announced that she and Netflix would unveil the name of the show on her Twitter chat. 
The Netflix Show, “Handler said that” We thought long and hard about the title for my …. Netflix show, and there was a whole team at Netflix who worked on it Chelsea, who is called after after herself. 
The show will not be live but will be filmed in front of a live audience.  Handler explained: “It’s a good idea to be in a country where it’s impossible to do anything. In and then it will come about 12 hours after we do it. ” 
“I do not want to be a talk show every night where I come out singing and dancing every night.” 
Chelsea has received a lot of reviews. On Rotten Tomatoes the first series holds a 27% approval rating of 4.5 out of 10 based on 11 reviews.  The site’s critic consensus claims: ” Chelsea comes up short in its attempts to innovate the conventional talk show format – and even worse, it frequently fails to be smart or funny.”  The first season has a score of 50 out of 100 on Metacritic , indicating “mixed or average reviews”.  The Decider said the show is “riddled with execution problems,” and that it needs to decide if it wants to be “timely or evergreen.” 
- The Chelsea Handler Show
- Chelsea Lately
- After Lately
- Are You There, Chelsea?
- Uganda Be Kidding Me: Live
- Chelsea Does
- Jump up^ “Chelsea Crew Credits” . Imdb . Retrieved June 6, 2016 .
- Jump up^ http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/chelsea-showrunner-leaves-chlesea-handlers-netflix-talk-show/
- Jump up^ Erin Jensen. “Chelsea Handler gives deets of her new Netflix show in a letter to herself” . USA Today .
- Jump up^ Elizabeth Wagmeister. “Chelsea Handler Announces Title for Netflix Talk Show: ‘Chelsea'” . Variety .
- Jump up^ Ariana Bacle. “Chelsea Handler announces title of her new talk show” . EW .
- Jump up^ “Ticket Calendar” . 1Iota .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e f g h Wagmeister, Elizabeth. “Handler acknowledged that she loves working with Netflix” . Variety . Retrieved May 5, 2016.
- Jump up^ Webb Mitovich, Matt (July 27, 2016). “Chelsea, Lady Dynamite Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix” . TV Line . Retrieved November 12, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “When will Chelsea be back on Netflix? – Whats On Netflix” . Whats On Netflix . February 9, 2017 . Retrieved February 10,2017 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d Hipes, Patrick (March 16, 2016). “Handler’s landmark deal with Netflix also included a stand-up special and four-comedy specials” . Deadline.com . Retrieved May 5, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Adyan, Saeed (March 16, 2016). “Handler is the best one to give it a shot” . Wired.com . Retrieved May 5, 2016 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c from Boer, Maarten (March 17, 2016). “Chelsea Handler announced the first date for its upcoming Netflix series series . EW.com . Retrieved May 5, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Memoryy IMDB credits” . Imdb . Retrieved June 7, 2016 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Chelsea at Rotten Tomatoes
- Jump up^ Chelsea atMetacritic
- Jump up^ Porch, Scott (August 2, 2016),”What’s the Matter with Netflix’s ‘Chelsea’ Pretty Much Everything.” . The Decider. Retrieved February 14, 2017.