Master of None is an American comedy-drama web television series, which was released for streaming on November 6, 2015 on Netflix .  The series was created byAziz Ansari and Alan Yang , and stars Ansari in the lead role of Dev Shah, a 30-year-old actor, mostly following his romantic, professional, and cultural experiences. The first season was set in New York City , and consisted of ten episodes.             References and links. The second season consisted of ten episodes and was released on May 12, 2017. 
The show’s title is alludes to the figure of speech, ” Jack of all trades, master of none ”  and was originally suggested by Ansari.  The series later incorporated a song of the same name by Beach House .   Ansari says it took months to come up with the show’s title and he and Yang did not ultimately agree on it until all of the episodes were completed. 
- Aziz Ansari as Dev Shah, a commercial actor whose best-known work was a commercial Go-Gurt .  
- Christmas Wells as Rachel Silva, Dev’s first romantic interest in the first season. Rachel works as a music publicist.    
- Eric Wareheim as Arnold Baumheiser, Dev’s friend who Ansari describes as the “token white friend”. Wareheim notes his character’s friendship is based on his real-life friendship with Ansari as they both enjoy eating.    The role was originally set to be played by Harris Wittels before his death in February 2015. 
- Kelvin Yu as Brian Chang, Dev’s friend who is the sound of Taiwanese immigrants.    An interview with Yu in Vulture.com noted that Brian represented the “onscreen version of co-creator Alan Yang, Dev’s chill, super-good-looking friend” . 
- Lena Waithe as Denise, Dev’s friend, who is a lesbian.   In an Entertainment Weekly interview, Waithe said that her character was not originally intended to be African-American or gay but that Ansari wanted Denise’s personality to reflect her own, so they rewrote her share. 
- Alessandra Mastronardi as Francesca, a friend and eventual romantic interest Dev meets in Italy in the second season. She later visits him in New York.  
Also making recurring appearances in the series are Todd Barry , who plays a movie director named Todd;  Colin Salmon , who plays a fictionalized version of himself;  H. Jon Benjamin as Benjamin, an acting colleague on the film The Sickening ; Leonard Ouzts as Lawrence, the producer of Clash of the Cupcakes in the second season; And Ansari’s real-life parents Shoukath and Fatima, who play Dev’s parents.   Danbury Brooks , Claire Danes , David Krumholtz , Noah Emmerich , Bobby Cannavale , John Legend , Kym Whitley and Angela Bassett .  
Season 1 (2015)
|title||Directed by||Written by||Original release date||Prod.
|1||1||“Plan B”||James Ponsoldt||Aziz Ansari & Alan Yang||November 6, 2015||101|
|Dev hooks up with a girl named Rachel, though their night ends awkwardly after her condom breaks during sex. Later on, Dev and his friend Arnold awaited the birthday party of their friend’s one-year-old son. He runs into another friend and her kids there and babysit them for a while. Already 30, he begins to wonder if he might want kids someday. In the end, he decides that for now he enjoys being childless.|
|2||2||“Parents”||Aziz Ansari||Aziz Ansari & Alan Yang||November 6, 2015||102|
|After the auditioning for a movie called The Sickening , Dev and his friend Brian discuss how their entire lives are the way they are because their immigrant parents sacrificed everything to move to America. They thank them by taking them to dinner, and discover the harshness of the lives they went through. Dev hopes that this will all help bring him and his parents closer together.|
|3||3||“Hot Ticket”||James Ponsoldt||Story by : Harris Wittels
Teleview by : Aziz Ansari & Alan Yang
|November 6, 2015||103|
|Dev gets two tickets to a secret show and starts asking girls out. Only two sponds, and the one he takes Alice ( Nina Arianda ), ends up being white overly aggressive and a kleptomaniac , and she is kicked out of the club. He then runs into Rachel and they have a good time, but when she is trying to kiss her, she turns him down romantically, and is told that she is trying to make it work with her ex-boyfriend.|
|4||4||“Indians on TV”||Eric Wareheim||Aziz Ansari & Alan Yang||November 6, 2015||108|
|Dev runs into Ravi ( Ravi Patel ) at an audition and they discuss how the majority of roles they audition are for accented, stereotypical Indians. After auditioning for a sitcom called 3 Buddies , Dev. The producer tries to apologize by Dev Treating to a Knicks game and visiting a VIP area. Still upset, Dev begins to involve an Indian advocacy group. However, the producer dies and the replacement producer goes with a Perfect Strangersconcept.|
|5||5||“The Other Man”||Eric Wareheim||Joe Mande & Aniz Ansari ||November 6, 2015||104|
|Dev ‘s friend Denise invites him to a work party, where he meets her food critic, Nina ( Claire Danes ). Nina is an energetic, sexy and sexy blonde. After conferring with Denise and Benjamin, a fellow actor from The Sickening , they agree that a husband never finds out. ( Noah Emmerich ) is a member of the Noah Emmerich family . The husband eventually finds out. Weeks later Dev and Denise run into them and learn that the affair brought up several problems the couple faced, and Dev ‘|
|6||6||“Nashville”||Aziz Ansari||Aziz Ansari & Alan Yang||November 6, 2015||105|
|Rachel texts Dev she and her boyfriend have broken up, and to make their first memorable day, he asks her to she would like to fly to Nashville for a day with him. She agrees, as long as she would get home for her niece’s recital on Sunday night. The two have a fun time together, but he takes a detour on their way to the airport and they miss their flight, and she misses her niece’s recital. But she still likes him and they keep dating.|
|7||7||“Ladies and Gentlemen”||Lynn Shelton||Story by : Andrew Blitz
Teleplay by : Sarah Peters & Zoe Jarman
|November 6, 2015||106|
|While working on a commercial, Dev finds out that a colleague had been pursued by a man on her way home. When Dev tells Denise and Rachel about it, the women share similar experiences. Dev realizes he is privileged just by being male, and he identifies himself as a feminist . While hanging with the cast of his commercial one night, he discusses with the director that all the women in the commercial are just there for eye candy . The director revises the commercial so that all the main speaking roles are given to the women, and Dev is later removed from the ad for not being a good fit with his new role in it. Although he is disappointed, the women are thankful that he stood up for them.|
|8||8||“Old People”||Lynn Shelton||Aziz Ansari & Alan Yang||November 6, 2015||107|
|When Arnold’s grandfather dies a week after Dev and Arnold visited him, Dev re-evaluates his relationship with his own grandparents and Rachel feels guilty for not visiting her own grandmother more often. Dev and Rachel visit her grandmother ( Lynn Cohen ), goal Rachel is summoned to a work emergency and dev stays with her grandma. The two get along and he sneaks her out of her retirement home to enjoy a fancy dinner, but she escapes when he is not looking. He and Rachel search for her, and finally find her singing at a popular jazz club.|
|9||9||“Mornings”||Eric Wareheim||Aziz Ansari & Alan Yang||November 6, 2015||109|
|Rachel moves in with Dev and the two have good times together and fall in love. But as the months pass, they start finding problems: their conflicting amounts of cleanliness; The fact that Rachel. Then Rachel learns that a work promotion would require her to move to Chicago for six months. She has a breakdown on whether or not she wants to keep her job. She decides to go to Chicago for the interview. At home, Dev starts with a pasta-maker when he first moves in together, and he discovers that he’s great at making pasta. She returns and says she turned down the job, but her PR firm will make accommodations for her to make sure she’s happy with them. Their relationship continues happily.|
|10||10||“Final”||Eric Wareheim||Aziz Ansari & Alan Yang||November 6, 2015||110|
|Dev and Rachel is waiting a wedding, and Dev consider a life together, believing that if they get married, it could only be because it’s the point in life that society dictates they should settle down. Dev meets his dad for advice, who asks if he really wants to be an actor, and Dev is unsure. He, Rachel, his friends, and his parents then awaits The Sickening ‘ s premiere. Dev’s scenes were cut from the film, and Rachel drunkenly lambasts the director’s apathy. Later, Dev shares with Rachel his concerns about their future and asks what their relationship is ending is if they’re not 100% sure they’ll be happy with each other forever. Rachel unhappily goes to stay with her friend, and a few days later informs Dev that she ‘ S moving to Tokyo to salvage the rest of her young adult life. Dev me up with Benjamin (who was also cut from the film), and both talk about their relationships, with Benjamin. Determined to overcome his stagnant attitude, dev makes up his mind to move to Italy and study pasta-making at culinary school.|
Season 2 (2017)
|title||Directed by||Written by||Original release date||Prod.
|11||1||“The Thief [a] “||Aziz Ansari||Story by : Andy Blitz
Teleplay by : Aziz Ansari & Alan Yang
|May 12, 2017||201|
|As an apprentice pasta maker in Modena , Italy, Rachel, who is in Japan. For his birthday, he had booked a restaurant at the restaurant, but he did not want to leave. The two have a great day together, and Dev gets her number. However, his phone is stolen, so he and his pasta instructor’s try to track down the thief. They eventually spot him, but he did not walk the phone. Dev is discouraged that he may never see Sara again. After his Italian friends celebrate his birthday and present some gifts, Rachel.|
|12||2||“The Nozze [b] “||Aziz Ansari||Aziz Ansari & Alan Yang||May 12, 2017||202|
|Arnold visits Dev in Modena. After celebrating Dev’s birthday with a meal at an exclusive restaurant, and talking about posting videos on singles websites, the two drive out to the countryside to expect a wedding of Arnold’s friend, Ellen. However, Arnold soon reveals that the friend is his ex-girlfriend who he dated for 11 years. Arnold breaks down when he sees the groom physically resembles him but is shorter, and starts to antagonize him. Dev pulls him aside, the two discussing how he and Ellen are different people now, and whatever he is idealized is gone. After receiving a cheerful message from another online girl, he returns to the wedding and apologizes to Ellen, who forgives him. Meanwhile, Dev, who had been texting Rachel again, tries to tell her that he thinks their messaging is not helping either of them move on.|
|13||3||“Religion”||Alan Yang||Aziz Ansari & Aniz Adam Ansari||May 12, 2017||203|
|Dev fakes being a devout Muslim while his relatives are visiting. While hanging out with his younger cousin Navid, he offers him a bite of his pork sandwich, at which Navid decides he loves pork and later wants to go with him to a barbecue food festival, and they excuse themselves from Eid prayer to sneak out To wait. At a later restaurant gathering, Dev reveals that he is not religious, but his family and relative are in shock. His mother is upset, and does not wish to speak to him. Two weeks later, Dev’s father explains that his mother has tried to raise him as a Muslim, and while it’s okay to follow his own religious practices, when he does it in front of mother, it makes her feel like a failure. That night, Dev skims through a copy of the Qur’an his mother gave him as a child, And texts her. They make up, coming to terms with each other’s spirituality.|
|14||4||“First Date”||Eric Wareheim||Story by : Sarah Schneider
Teleplay by : Aziz Ansari & Alan Yang
|May 12, 2017||204|
|Dev meets a dozen women on a popular dating app , and he takes each one to the same restaurant and rooftop bar. His dates are of all races-and maturity levels. The women include an aspiring actress, a cocaine addict, a WWE fanatic with poor social skills, and a woman who dev. He Seems To hit it off with Priya, who is aussi Indian , And They joke about non-Indian people Who only time Indians, qui Dev labels an ” Indian fetish.” Later, when he is with another Indian named Sona, they run into her friend Patrick, a tall, handsome fight photographer who just returned from assignment in Syria . Dev feels inadequate next to Patrick, and it’s apparent Sona and Patrick have feelings for each other. At the end of the night he kisses Priya, who reciprocates but politely declines his offer to go to his apartment for a drink, since it is only their first date. He does get lucky with one of the women, Christine, who invites him back to her place. There he is shocked to find that she stores her condoms in an offensive cookie jar that depicts a cartoonish black woman in the racist mammy archetype . Dev does not say anything until after they have sex, and then tells her finds it offensive. Christine is flustered and defensive at first, it was a gift and she did not know it was offensive,|
|15||5||“The Dinner Party”||Eric Wareheim||Aziz Ansari & Alan Yang||May 12, 2017||205|
|After hosting the Jabbawockeez on Clash of the Cupcakes , Dev is ecstatic to hang out with his Italian friend Francesca, who is in town accompanying her boyfriend on a business trip. Dev meets his show’s producer, a world-renowned chef and TV host, Chef Jeff, and they hit it off. Despite consulting Arnold for good tips, Dev’s second date with Priya, a girl from the previous episode, bombs. Dev takes Francesca to Chef Jeff’s dinner party, and the two run into Dev’s friend Ravi. John Legend performs as a featured guest. He and Francesca have a good time, and later Dev is pulled aside by Jeff, who sees clearly that Dev likes her. This is a great place to go for a romantic getaway.|
|16||6||“New York, I Love You”||Alan Yang||Story by : Cord Jefferson
Teleplay by : Aziz Ansari & Alan Yang
|May 12, 2017||206|
|Dev, Denise, and Arnold are on their way to see the new Death Castle movie . The intersecting lives of different New Yorkers are shown. A doorman named Eddie must juggle favors for his apartment’s residents, eventually standing up for himself against a man who wanted to hide his affair. His friend goes to a convenience store, where a deaf girl named Maya is struggling with her sex life. She eventually tells her boyfriend she wishes to be eaten out more. She and her boyfriend discuss it and get into a cab. In the next cab, two women spoil Death Castle for Their driver Samuel has Burundian immigrant. That night, Samuel and his roommates find no clubs to go on their night out. They eventually find some women trying to get into their other roommate’s fast food place. Samuel convinces him to let them all in, and the group has a good time. The women do not wish to end the night there, So They all go to see Death Castle together, Where all the characters from the watch episode, Samuel and sits next to Dev. The title and format of the movie is New York, I Love You .|
|17||7||“Door # 3”||Melina Matsoukas||Story by : Lakshmi Sundaram
Teleplay by : Aziz Ansari & Alan Yang
|May 12, 2017||207|
|Jeff Informs Dev que la network wishes to lock _him_ down for a seven-season Clash of the Cupcakes contract. Dev wants to think about it, as he is not passionate about the show. Meanwhile, Brian’s dad begins dating two women. When Brian asks how he can do that, he tells Brian and Arnold that the two women are alright with it, as old people like him are lonely. Dev visits his dad in the hospital he works at, and later the guest-judge on Clash injures himself while doing a magic trick. Dev sits down with Jeff, and tells _him_ he wishes to quit Clash , purpose pitches a show called Expired BFFs: Best Food Friends , Where he and Jeff travel around the world together tasting foods and Immersing Themselves in crops. Jeff loves it, and gets it greenlit. Brian ‘ S dad tells his son both women have broken up with him, and he gets a dog. When Dev Skypes Francesca to tell him the news, she tells Dev that she is engaged.|
|18||8||“Thanksgiving”||Melina Matsoukas||Aziz Ansari & Lena Waithe||May 12, 2017||208|
|As Dev’s family does not celebrate Thanksgiving, he has spent it with Denise’s family for years, the two being childhood friends. In 1995, 12-year-old Denise begins to realize she is attracted to women. On Thanksgiving 1999, she comes out to Dev. When it comes to her family, she says LGBT issues are touchy in black families. In 2006, Denise came out to her mother Catherine ( Angela Bassett ). Catherine asks her sister Joyce if this is her fault. On Thanksgiving 2015, Denise brings her girlfriend Michelle. Denise and Joyce are obviously annoyed, and attempt to hide the fact that Denise is gay from her grandma, Ernestine. The next year, Denise brings home a superficial girl named Nikki. After dinner, Dev talks with Catherine and Joyce. Catherine admits that while she is homophobic, She does not want to miss a Michelle. Finally, on Thanksgiving in 2017, Denise gets back together with Michelle. Joyce and Ernestine are happy to see her. Michelle and Catherine talk alone, and Catherine admits to Denise she is happy the two of them are together. Denise, Catherine, Joyce, Ernestine, Dev, and Michelle have a wonderful dinner, and happily say grace together.|
|19||9||“Amarsi A Po ‘ [c] “||Aziz Ansari||Aziz Ansari||May 12, 2017||209|
|Francesca visits for the month, and wants to spend time with Dev. The two spend so much time together, and Dev asks Arnold if he should confess his feelings for her. He believes she feels the same way, but she is still engaged. At one point, the two spend the night at his place because of a blizzard, and she asks to share his bed, but nothing happens. At a party, Francesca seems absent, and Dev asks her what’s wrong. She insists it is nothing, and admits this situation is difficult for both of them. She then gets into an argument with her fiancé, Pino, where she confesses that she does not want to leave New York. On one of her final days there, Dev reveals that he is in love with her. She tells him that she is in love with him too, and asks for time so she can figure out what to do.|
|20||10||“Buona Notte [d] “||Aziz Ansari||Aziz Ansari & Alan Yang||May 12, 2017||210|
|While filming BFFs , Dev discovers that the makeup artist Lisa has quit the show. After hearing a rumor from his friend Benjamin, he asks Lisa why she left, where she confirms Jeff sexually harassed her, along with some other crew members. Before They Promote the show is Raven Live! , Dev’s agent tells him that the women Jeff harassed have come forward with their stories. Raven ( Raven-Symoné )  confronts Jeff, who walks off the set. Je tries to make it happen. At the apartment, Francesca comes to him, where he says the show is likely canceled. He asks for her decision, and she says she is going back to Italy with Pino. Dev gets upset, And said he was just a distraction from a dying relationship. She rejects him by saying that she can not abandon her grandmother in Modena to move here. She leaves. Dev asks Arnold what to do, and he runs into Rachel. The two quickly say goodbye to each other. Dev sits at home, wondering if a relationship with Francesca would ever be possible. Francesca packs her bags, and Pino asks if she is ready to leave. She does not respond, and the screen cuts to black. Before the credits roll, she and Francesca are not wearing her engagement ring. Wondering if a relationship with Francesca would ever be possible. Francesca packs her bags, and Pino asks if she is ready to leave. She does not respond, and the screen cuts to black. Before the credits roll, she and Francesca are not wearing her engagement ring. Wondering if a relationship with Francesca would ever be possible. Francesca packs her bags, and Pino asks if she is ready to leave. She does not respond, and the screen cuts to black. Before the credits roll, she and Francesca are not wearing her engagement ring.|
On Rotten Tomatoes , the first season holds approval of 100% based on 55 reviews, with an average rating of 9/10. The site’s critical consensus reads, “Exceptionally executed with charm, humor, and heart, Master of None is a refreshingly offbeat take on a familiar premise.”  On Metacritic , the series has a score of 91 out of 100, based on 31 critics, indicating “universal acclaim”. 
James Poinewozik of The New York Times called it “the year’s best comedy straight out of the gate” and a “mature rom-com.”  IGN’s Matt Fowler gave the entire first season an 8.8 out of 10, saying “by the second episode it takes a very funny, unique take on food, dating, relationships, etc. (the usual suspects) , And a few years later, it was not until the end of the second half of the year that the film was released. ..but there ‘s no denying Master of None ‘ s success overall. ”  James Dempsey of Newstalk Described the show as “like a transatlantic cousin of Ricky Gervais’ Extras , Reviews another story of an actor navigating show business and his personal life. Aim whereas That show relied Heavily one stunt cameos of Hollywood actors playing pantomime versions Of themselves – along with painfully blunt awkwardness that attempts to wring every possible laugh out of increasingly cringe comedy – Master of None is content and confident to let the viewer warm to it entirely on its terms.  Purpose whereas That show relied Heavily one stunt cameos of Hollywood actors playing pantomime versions of Themselves – along with painfully blunt awkwardness That Attempts to wring every possible to laugh out of increasingly cringe comedy – Master of None is happy and confident to let the viewer warm to it Entirely on its terms. And it’s all the better for it. ”  Purpose whereas That show relied Heavily one stunt cameos of Hollywood actors playing pantomime versions of Themselves – along with painfully blunt awkwardness That Attempts to wring every possible to laugh out of increasingly cringe comedy – Master of None is happy and confident to let the viewer warm to it Entirely on its terms. And it’s all the better for it. ” 
On Rotten Tomatoes, the second season also holds an approval rating of 100% based on 34 reviews, with an average rating of 8.9 / 10. The site’s critical consensus reads, ” Master of None ‘ s second season picks up where its predecessor left off, delivering an ambitious batch of episodes that builds on the show’s premise while adding surprising twists.”  On Metacritic, the series has a score of 91 out of 100, based on 24 critics, indicating “universal acclaim”. 
Top Ten Lists
Master of None Was it included Many Lists of best TV shows of 2015.  Jaime Lutz from Time Out New York HAS called Expired it the best TV show of 2015. [ citation needed ] In addition, It was Awarded the runner-up position By Matthew Gilbert from The Boston Globe , Mark Peikert from TheWrap , and Paste . Master of None Was aussi Official’re one of the top 10 shows of the year by Many publications, Including Complex , Entertainment Weekly , Film School Rejects , The Guardian , IGN , Los Angeles Times , The New York Times , People , TIME , TV Guide , Vanity Fair , Variety , Vogue , and The Washington Post . [ Citation needed ]
|2015||American Film Institute Awards||Top 10 TV Programs of the Year||Master of None||Won|||
|2016||Critics’ Choice Television Awards||Best Comedy Series||Master of None||Won|||
|Best Actor in a Comedy Series||Aziz Ansari||Nominated|
|Golden Globe Awards||Best Actor in a Television Series – Musical or Comedy||Aziz Ansari||Nominated|||
|Dorian Awards||TV Comedy of the Year||Master of None||Nominated|||
|NAACP Image Awards||Outstanding Writing in a Comedy Series||Aziz Ansari and Alan Yang||“Parents”||Nominated|||
|Outstanding Directing in a Comedy Series||Aziz Ansari||“Parents”||Nominated|
|Peabody Awards||Entertainment and children’s programming honorees||Master of None||Won|||
|GLAAD Media Awards||Outstanding Comedy Series||Master of None||Nominated|||
|Television Critics Association Awards||Outstanding Achievement in Comedy||Master of None||Nominated|||
|Outstanding New Program||Master of None||Nominated|
|Individual Achievement in Comedy||Aziz Ansari||Nominated|
|Gold Derby Awards||Best Comedy Series||Master of None||Nominated|||
|Best Comedy Actor||Aziz Ansari||Nominated|
|Best Comedy Guest Actor||Shoukath Ansari||Nominated|
|Best Comedy Guest Actress||Claire Danes||Nominated|
|Online Film & Television Association Awards||Best Actor in a Comedy Series||Aziz Ansari||Nominated|||
|Best Direction in a Comedy Series||Aziz Ansari||“Parents”||Nominated|
|Best Writing in a Comedy Series||Aziz Ansari and Alan Yang||“Parents”||Nominated|
|Primetime Emmy Awards||Outstanding Comedy Series||Master of None||Nominated||
|Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series||Aziz Ansari||“Parents”||Nominated|
|Outstanding Directing for a Comedy Series||Aziz Ansari||“Parents”||Nominated|
|Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series||Aziz Ansari and Alan Yang||“Parents”||Won|
|Gotham Awards||Breakthrough Series – Long Form||Master of None||Nominated|||
|2017||Television Critics Association Awards||Outstanding Achievement in Comedy||Master of None||Pending|
|Individual Achievement in Comedy||Aziz Ansari||Pending|
Looking forward to seasons, Ansari told Vulture , “I do not know if we’re going to do a season three. I would not be surprised if I needed a looonng [ sic ] break before I could come back to it. .] I’ve got to become a different guy before I write a third season, is my personal thought, I’ve got to get married or have a kid or something. Guy being single in New York eating all around the town. ” 
- Jump up^ The episode is a homage to the classic Italian movie Bicycle Thieves directed byVittorio De Sica. 
- Jump up^ The title “The Nozze” is a reference to the Italian film La Notte directed byMichelangelo Antonioni. [thirty]
- Jump up^ The title is a reference to thesong of the Sami name(qui means “Loving Each Other a little”) byLucio Battisti. Battisti released an English version of the single for international markets, with the song renamed “To Feel in Love”. [thirty]
- Jump up^ The title meansGood nightin Italian.
- Jump up^ ‘Netflix renews’ BoJack,’ premier sets for ‘Longmire’ & Aziz Ansari comedy ” . HitFix . July 28, 2015.
- Jump up^ “Shows AZ – master of none on netflix” . The Futon Critic . Retrieved August 16, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Master of None Trailer: Aziz Ansari Gets a Netflix Show” . Slashfilm . Retrieved October 25, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Lesnick, Silas (March 15, 2017). “Aziz Ansari’s Master of None Season 2 Arrives in May” . ComingSoon.net . Retrieved March 15, 2017 .
- Jump up^ Rob Thomas (November 9, 2015). “Bingeworthy: Treat yourself to Aziz Ansari’s new Netflix series ‘Master of None ‘ ” . Madison.com . Capital Newspapers . Retrieved December 12,2015 .
- Jump up^ “‘Master of None’s’ Aziz Ansari: ‘Coming up with a title is so hard’ -” . Zap2It . Retrieved December 12, 2015 .
- Jump up^ ” ‘ Master of None’ music supervisor explains the show’s best musical moments – EW.com” . Ew.com . Retrieved December 12,2015 .
- Jump up^ “Aziz Ansari on the Music of” Master of None “: Father John Misty, Aphex Twin, Arthur Russell, and More” . Pitchfork . Retrieved December 12, 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Lesley Goldberg (July 28, 2015). “Aziz Ansari’s Netflix Show ‘Master of None’ Will Build on His Stand-Up” . The Hollywood Reporter . Retrieved January 19, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “‘Master of None’ is Completely Unsubtle, and That’s What Makes It So Good” . Splitsider . Retrieved December 10, 2015 .
- Jump up^ J. Maureen Henderson. “Is Aziz Ansari’s ‘Master Of None’ The Show That Aging Millennials Have Been Waiting For?” . Forbes . Retrieved December 10, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Review: Aziz Ansari, ‘Master of None,’ Negotiates Technology and Social Mores . The New York Times . November 6, 2015 . Retrieved December 10, 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d ABC News. ” ‘ Master of None’ Cast: Meet the Stars of Aziz Ansari’s Hit New Show” . ABC News .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “Master of None cast reveal character similarities – EW.com” . Entertainment Weekly’s EW.com . Retrieved November 25, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Shattuck, Kathryn. “Christmas Wells on ‘Master of None’ and Her Plan B” . The New York Times . Retrieved December 1, 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “Modern Romance in Aziz Ansari’s Master of None” . Vogue .
- Jump up^ Wittels, Maureen (November 2, 2016). “The Loss Of My Son Harris Wittels To Heroin” . The Huffington Post . Retrieved April 11, 2017 .
- Jump up^ “Parents”. Master of None . Netflix.
- Jump up^ “Master of Kelvin Yu on Playing the Hottie – Vulture” . Vulture . Retrieved November 25, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Lockett, Dee. “Meet Your New Crush, Master of None’s Own Italian Crush Alessandra Mastronardi” . Vulture.com . Retrieved May 16, 2017 .
- Jump up^ Desta, Yohana. “Master of None’s Alessandra Mastronardi Still Gets Food Porn Texts from Aziz Ansari” . Vanityfair.com . Retrieved May 16, 2017 .
- Jump up^ Maureen Ryan. “‘Master of None’ Review: Aziz Ansari ‘s Netflix Comedy Is Terrific – Variety” . Variety .
- Jump up^ Los Angeles Times (November 5, 2015). “Review: ‘Master of None’ a mature take on immaturity – LA Times” . Latimes.com . Retrieved January 19, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Aziz Ansari’s Master of None Coming to Netflix in November” . Netflix Life .
- Jump up^ “Aziz Ansari to Tackle” Sex, Racism “in New Netflix Series” . Collider .
- Jump up^ “See Aziz Ansari, John Legend in New ‘Master of None’ Trailer” . Rollingstone.com . Retrieved May 16, 2017 .
- Jump up^ “Public Catalog” . United States Copyright Office . Retrieved September 23, 2016 . Search: “Master of None”
- Jump up^ Aziz Ansari [azizansari] (November 6, 2015). “My brother Aniz is also a writer on the show and got some of my favorite jokes!”(Tweet) . Retrieved December 10, 2015 – via Twitter .
- Jump up^ Bradley, Laura. “Inside Master of None’s Impeccable Bicycle Thieves Pastiche” . Vanityfair.com . Retrieved May 16, 2017 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Wickman, Forrest; Harris, Aisha; Adams, Sam (May 12, 2017). “A Guide to the Many, Many References to Classic Italian Films in Master of None Season 2” . Retrieved May 17, 2017 – via Slate.
- Jump up^ Grubbs, Jefferson. “The ‘Master of None’ Season 2 Guest Stars Up The Ante From Season 1” . Bustle.com . Retrieved May 16,2017 .
- Jump up^ “Master of None: Season 1 (2015)” . Rotten Tomatoes . Retrieved November 9, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Master of None: Season 1 reviews” . Metacritic . Retrieved November 9, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Poniewozik, James (November 5, 2015). “Review: Aziz Ansari, ‘Master of None,’ Negotiates Technology and Social Mores’ . The New York Times . Retrieved November 7, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Fowler, Matt (November 5, 2015). “Master of None: Season 1 Review” . IGN . Retrieved November 7, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Outside the Box: Finding the funny in the unknown is the master stroke of ‘Master of None’ – Newstalk . Newstalk.com . Retrieved January 19, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Master of None: Season 2 (2017)” . Rotten Tomatoes . Retrieved May 17, 2017 .
- Jump up^ “Master of None: Season 2 reviews” . Metacritic . Retrieved May 15, 2017 .
- Jump up^ “TV Critic Top 10 Lists – Best TV Shows of 2015 – Metacritic” . Metacritic .
- Jump up^ “Here are the AFI AWARDS 2015 Official Selections” . American Film . Retrieved January 19, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Guglielmi, Jodi (December 14, 2015). “Critics’ Choice Awards Mad About Mad Max: Fury Road as Nominations Are Announced” . People.com . Retrieved December 14, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Golden Globe Nominations: The Complete List” . The Hollywood Reporter . December 10, 2015 . Retrieved December 10, 2015 .
- Jump up^ “The Dorian Awards – 2015/16 Dorians” . GALECA . Retrieved 2017-05-16 .
- Jump up^ “Writing – ‘Creed,’ ‘Empire’ Top NAACP Image Award Nominations, Full List” . Hollywoodreporter.com . February 4, 2016 . Retrieved September 23, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Birnbaum, Debra (April 22, 2016). “‘Black-ish,’ ‘Master of None,’ ‘Mr. Robot’ Among 2015 Peabody Awards Winners” . Variety . Retrieved April 23, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “2016 GLAAD Media Award Nominations” . Vulture.com . Retrieved January 27, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Prudom, Laura (June 22, 2016). “‘Mr. Robot,’ ‘The People v. OJ Simpson’ Lead TCA Awards Nominations” . Variety . Retrieved June 22, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Montgomery, Daniel (September 7, 2016). “Gold Derby TV Awards 2016: ‘People v. OJ Simpson’ lead winners, ‘Game of Thrones’ & ‘Veep’ also prevail . Retrieved 2017-05-16 .
- Jump up^ “2015-16: THE SEASON OF THE PEOPLE vs. OJ Simpson” . Online Film & Television Association . 2016 . Retrieved May 16,2017 .
- Jump up^ Hipes, Patrick (July 14, 2016). Primetime Emmy Appointments: ‘The Americans’, ‘People Vs. OJ’ Score, Defending Fields ‘GoT’ & ‘Veep’ Return ” . Deadline.com . Retrieved July 14, 2016 .
- Jump up^ ” ‘ Master of None’ Wins at Emmys, Celebrates Story of Immigrant Parents” . Nbcnews.com . Retrieved September 19,2016 .
- Jump up^ Miller, Ross (September 19, 2016). “Emmys 2016: All the winners from TV’s big night” . Theverge.com . Retrieved September 19, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Emmy Awards 2016: OJ Simpson Drama Dominates Emmys, Sweeping 5 Categories” . The New York Times . September 19, 2016 . Retrieved September 19, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “2016 Gotham Independent Awards Nominations” . Rotten Tomatoes . October 20, 2016 . Retrieved October 25, 2016 .
- Jump up^ Aziz Ansari Is From a Red State, Too. Vulture. 30 April 2017.