Marseille is a French television series created by Dan Franck starring Gérard Depardieu . The series is the first original French Production for Netflix , qui ordered the project to series is 10 July 2015. The eight-episode first season premiered worldwide is Netflix is May 5, 2016.   A second season, set to air In 2017, was ordered on June 6, 2016.  Production on the second season will begin on April 18, 2017. 
The show was released worldwide on Netflix in May 2016, and the first two episodes have aired on TF1 . 
After 20 years as mayor of Marseilles , Robert Taro (Depardieu) enters into a war of succession with his protégé formed rival Lucas Barres ( Benoît Magimel ).   Both sides are members of the “UPM” party, based on the center-right UMP (Union for a Popular Movement).
|#||title||Directed by||Written by|
|1||“20 Years ( 20 Years )”||TBA||TBA|
|There is to be an important vote was regeneration project of the city’s waterfront, qui will include a casino . Mayor Robert Taro supports the proposal as it will be his legacy to Marseille; He is counting on the support of Lucas Barrès, his ambitious young deputy, who eventually votes to oppose the proposal. A retired judge, who was also approached and supported by gangsters. Taro’s daughter Julia, a journalist, is trying to investigate life in the suburbs .|
|2||“Man of Straw ( Straw Man )”||TBA||TBA|
|Taro is unsure about whether to stand for re-election due to his illness and declining popularity with voters. His wife, Rachel, learns that she has syringomyelia which will bring an end to her career as a successful classical cellist .|
|3||“( Crocodile )”||TBA||TBA|
|4||“( Intox Brainwashing )”||TBA||TBA|
|5||“( Face-off )”||TBA||TBA|
|6||“( Liberty, Equality, without Pity )”||TBA||TBA|
|7||“( Voted )”||TBA||TBA|
|8||“( The Final Battle )”||TBA||TBA|
Cast and English dubbing
|Gérard Depardieu||Robert Taro||Michael McConnohie|
|Benoît Magimel||Lucas Barrès||Kyle McCarley|
|Geraldine Pailhas||Rachel Taro||Anne Yatco|
|Stéphane Caillard||Julia Taro||Cristina Valenzuela|
|Nadia Fares||Vanessa of Abrantes||Karen Strassman|
|Guillaume Arnault||Eric||Johnny Yong Bosch|
|Hedi Bouchenafa||Farid||Kirk Thornton|
|Nassim Si Ahmed||Selim||Tony Azzolino|
|Jean-René Privat||Cosini||Keith Silverstein|
|Pascal Elso||Pierre Chasseron||Dave Mallow|
|Carolina Jurczak||Barbara||Cherami Leigh|
|Eric Savin||Pharamond||Steve Kramer|
|Hippolyte Girardot||Dr. Osmont||Joe Ochman|
|Lionel Erdogan||Alain Costabone||Steve Staley|
In France, the series received a mostly negative reaction from the press. Pierre Serizier, writing for Le Monde , called it an “industrial accident”.  Telerama gave the series a “red card”,  while Alain Carrazé on Europe 1 referred to it as something from “the 90s” with “cartoonish and ridiculous dialogue”. 
However, reception outside France was more positive. 
- Jump up^ “Netflix’s ‘Marseille’ to Feature Music by Alexandre Desplat” . Movie Music Reporter . 20 April 2016 . Retrieved 20 April 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Marseille – May 5 on Netflix” . YouTube (in French). NetflixFrance. 2016-01-17.
- Jump up^ “Marseille, the series” made in France “concocted by Netflix” . LesEchos.fr (in French). 28 August 2014 . Retrieved 5 March2016 .
- Jump up^ http://deadline.com/2016/06/netflix-marseilles-orders-season-2-of-french-language-drama-1201767851/
- Jump up^ “Netflix Champions European Entertainment” . Netflix Media Center. March 1, 2017 . Retrieved March 1, 2017 .
- Jump up^ Hopewell, John (April 19, 2016). “Netflix, France’s TF1 Strike Novel Limited Broadcast Deal on French Original Series ‘Marseille'” . Variety . Retrieved April 23, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Netflix: first teaser for the series” Marseille ” ” . L’Express (in French). 18 January 2016 . Retrieved 5 March 2016 .
- Jump up^ Tounsi, Chaima (29 October 2015). “We visited the shooting of Marseille, first French series of Netflix” . AlloCiné (in French) . Retrieved 5 March 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Marseille – And suddenly it’s the drama” . The World of Series . Retrieved 15 May 2016 .
- Jump up^ Pierre Langlais (5 May 2016). “Red card for” Marseille “, the first turnip” house “of Netflix” . Retrieved 15 May 2016 .
- Jump up^ ” ” Marseille “, Netflix series:” a summer saga of the 1990s! ” “. Retrieved 15 May 2016 .
- Jump up^ The Guardian,https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/may/05/marseille-netflix-gerard-depardieu-cocaine-shame-brash-new-show-nothing-to- sniff-at