Nobody Speak: Trials of the Free Press is a 2017 Netflix documentary directed by Brian Knappenberger .   The documentary is themed around the effects of big money on American journalism. The documentary focuses on two cases, one on a billionaire Peter Thiel who financed a lawsuit against Gawker Media , and secondly that of billionaire Sheldon Adelson who secretly bought the newspaper Las Vegas Review-Journal . 
It starts with the legal proceedings of professional wrestler Hulk Hogan , who (with the financial backing of billionaire Peter Thiel ) HAD filed a lawsuit contre Gawker Media, seeking $ 100 million in damages for releasing a sex tape featuring _him_ and Heather Clem. Gawker Media subsequently filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, as a direct result of the lawsuit.  Thiel had reportedly wanted to bring Gawker down for having published an articler nine years earlier which had him as gay.  
Sheldon Adelson bought the Las Vegas Review Journal, while keeping her identity as a buyer a secret, even to the journalists employed by the company.  The Adelson family was involved in the creation of the family. Adelson also had his own ownership in an interview with CNN.  This cause has a couple of its journalist to start investigating it on their own by calling their contacts. They eventually uncovered that Sheldon Adelson was indeed the new owner, and after publishing an article with the revelation, were forced to step down. 
- Jump up^ “Gawker, Hulk Hogan, and the fight for a free press – ThinkProgress” . 26 June 2017.
- Jump up^ “Hulk Hogan’s sex tape and the free press collide in a riveting new Netflix documentary” . Vox . Retrieved 2017-06-29 .
- Jump up^ Tiffany, Kaitlyn (2017-06-22). “The director of Netflix’s Hulk Hogan vs. Gawker wants you to stand up for the press . ” The Verge . Retrieved 2017-06-29 .
- Jump up^ ” ‘ Nobody Speak: Trials of the Free Press’ examines the dangers to news media in the age of Trump . 22 June 2017 – via the Times.
- Jump up^ Thomas, Owen. “Peter Thiel is totally gay, people” . Gawker . Retrieved 2017-06-29 .
- Jump up^ Meyer, Robinson. “Facebook’s First Major Investor Is a Trumpist” . The Atlantic . Retrieved 2017-06-29 .
- Jump up^ Bradshaw, Peter (2017-06-22). “Nobody Speak: Trials of the Free Press review – Hulk v Gawker in portrait of wealthy arrogance” . The Guardian . ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2017-06-29 .
- Jump up^ Duara, Nigel; Barabak, Mark Z. (2015-12-16). “Vegas mystery solved: Sheldon Adelson was behind the review-Journal” . Los Angeles Times . ISSN 0458-3035 . Retrieved 2017-06-29 .
- Jump up^ “Adelson’s son-in-law orchestrated family’s purchase of the Las Vegas Review-Journal” . Las Vegas Review-Journal . 2015-12-17 . Retrieved 2017-06-29 .