The Legend of Monkey is an Australian-New Zealand television series inspired by the 16th century Chinese fable Journey to the West. The series is a co-production between ABC1, TVNZ, and Netflix, and will consist of ten thirty minute episodes which will premiere in 2018.
- Chai Hansen as Monkey
- Luciane Buchanan as Tripitaka
- Josh Thomson as Pigsy
- Emile Cocquerel as Sandy.
- Jump up^ Lodderhouse, Diana (20 April 2017). “See-Saw & Jump Team On ‘Legend Of The Monkey’ For ABC Australia, Netflix”. Deadline.com. Retrieved 20 April 2017.
- Jump up^ Mitchell, Robert (20 April 2017). “See-Saw’s ‘Legend of the Monkey’ Swings Into Production for ABC Australia, Netflix”. Variety.com. Retrieved 20 April 2017.
- Jump up^ “Journey to the West: The endlessly remade Chinese folk tale”. BBC News. Retrieved 2017-05-25.
- Jump up^ “Netflix Gets Accused Of Whitewashing Again With ‘Legend of the Monkey’ Casting”. Huffingtonpost.ca. 2017-04-25. Retrieved 2017-05-25.