Ozark is an upcoming American drama series created by Bill Dubuque.   The first series will include ten one-hour episodes and will be produced by Media Rights Capital.  Jason Bateman will star in the series and will direct half of the episodes.  Bateman will play financial planner Marty Byrde, who suddenly relocates from a Chicago suburb to a summer resort community in the Missouri Ozarks ,  and who must pay a debt to a Mexican drug lord, with Laura Linney playing his wife Wendy. The first season will consist of ten episodes, and is scheduled to be released on Netflix on July 21, 2017. 
- Jason Bateman as Marty Byrde 
- Laura Linney as Wendy Byrde 
- Julia Garner as Ruth 
- Sofia Hublitz as Charlotte Byrde 
- Skylar Gaertner as Jonah Byrde
- Michael Mosley as Pastor Mason Young 
- Kevin L. Johnson as Sam Dermody
- Timothy D. Perez as Enforcer # 1
The show is set at a modest waterfront resort at Lake of the Ozarks , inspired by the Alhonna Resort and Marina Where series creator Dubuque Worked as a dock hand at the resort while He Was at school in Missouri DURING THE 1980s.  Rather than filming at the Lake of the Ozarks, most of the shots are in the Atlanta area because of tax breaks offered by the State of Georgia.   The film crew constructed in Georgia after extensively studying the Alhonna Resort property.  Some scenes are filmed at Chicago locations.  Michael Mosley will play recurring character Pastor Mason Young, A charismatic and mysterious preacher who is involved with the Byrde’s plan to build a new church.  In addition , Kevin L. Johnson will play recurring character Sam Dermody, affable, a dog lover, and a local real estate agent with an idle business around the Lake of the Ozarks.
- Jump up^ Johnson, Julie (March 2, 2016). “New Netflix Series ‘Ozark’ Starring Jason Bateman Slated to Debut in 2017” . Inquisitr . Retrieved 28 March 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Jason Bateman To Topline, Produce & Direct ‘Ozark’ Drama Series For MRC” . Deadline. February 25, 2016 . Retrieved February 25, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Netflix Lands Jason Bateman Drama ‘Ozark ‘ ” . The Hollywood Reporter . February 25, 2016 . Retrieved February 25, 2016 .
- ^ Jump to:a b c “Jason Bateman’s New Series Goes To Netflix, Will Be Dark Dangerous Drama” . Movie. February 25, 2016 . Retrieved February 25, 2016 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Roshanian, Arya (October 25, 2016). “Netflix Drama ‘Ozark’ Adds Julia Garner Opposite Jason Bateman and Laura Linney” . Variety . Retrieved October 26, 2016 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Laura Linney To Star In Jason Bateman’s Netflix Drama Series’ Ozark’Ozark” . Deadline.com . July 27, 2016 . Retrieved July 27, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Ozark trailer: Exclusive look at Netflix’s gritty, dark new drug trade drama” . The Independent . May 25, 2017 . Retrieved May 25, 2017 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Wagmeister, Elizabeth (9 November 2016). “TV News Roundup: Andy Richter to Guest Star on ‘Life in Pieces'” . Variety . Retrieved 1 May 2017 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Keegan, Harrison (July 1, 2016). “Fame anticipated as Jason Bateman’s Netflix series explores Lake of the Ozarks” . Springfield News-Leader . Retrieved 1 May 2017 .
Some Hollywood types, including Bateman, have been visiting Alhonna – as well as area restaurants, attractions and police officials – this spring and summer scouting rentals, taking pictures and measuring dimensions.
- Jump up^ Watson, Nick (October 15, 2016). “Coming Netflix series to shoot scene at Flowery Branch restaurant” . The Gainesville Times . Georgia (US state) . Retrieved 1 May 2017 .
- Jump up^ Coyne, Amanda C. (2 February 2017). “Jason Bateman Netflix series filming in Gwinnett County” . The Atlanta Journal-Constitution . Retrieved 1 May 2017 .
- Jump up^ Metz, Nina (19 August 2016). “Netflix series ‘Ozark’ to film a few days next week in Chicago” . Chicago Tribune . Retrieved 1 May 2017 .