The Oh, Hello Show is a comedy act created by Americans Nick Kroll and John Mulaney That Was popularized is Comedy Central ‘s Kroll Show .    The show centers on Gil Faizon (Kroll) and George St. Geegland (Mulaney), elderly men from the Upper West Side of Manhattan who are known for their turtlenecks, misinformed beliefs, and tendency to say “Oh, hello” in unison.   The characters appeared on several shows and in a Broadway play called Oh,
Kroll and Mulaney developed Faizon and St. Geegland after watching two men wearing turtlenecks and blazers at the Strand bookstore purchase separate copies of Alan Alda’s book Never Have Your Dog Stuffed: And Other Things I’ve Learned .   They followed the men into a coffee shop and decided to host a comedy show as those characters.
In the early-2000s, Faizon and Geegland hosted a weekly show at Rififi, a New York comedy club that closed down in 2008. It was during this time that Kroll and Mulaney were able to hone their characters.  
Roommates George and Gil are in their 70s and have strong New York accents , and they frequently mispronounce common words and names. For example, they refer to Broadway as “Bridway,” Ashton Kutcher’s show Punk’d as Prank’d ; Johnny Knoxville as Johnny Nashville, and Candid Camera as Candy Camera . They both have shaggy gray hair and beards, wear glasses, and wear baggy clothes for an overall unkempt appearance. They met in Toronto while dodging the Vietnam War , but they did their part for the war effort by fighting with asians they saw in Canada. They have a dog named Pug Giamatti , purpose he left for an adventure in Saugerties . 
Gil’s birth name is Gil Cosby, but he has his wife’s last name of Faizon.  Faizon has an ex-wife, his ( Adam Brody ), and stepson ( Joe Mande ).   He is very proud of being Jewish, especially the Israeli settlements [ disambiguation needed ] , and members of strict Orthodox sects who look at him disdainfully on the bus. He had a Bar Mitzvah and his Torah portion was an archie comic.  He suffers from bagel-induced cholesterol.   Faizon, who has more of a Brooklyn Jewish accent, often introduces himself as “Charmed I’m sure, Gil Faizon.”  He is also a stand-in model for mashed potatoes and other creamed foods.  Gil’s father reportedly “ratted out other Jews during the Holocaust .”
George St. Geegland
Geegland was born in Newark, New Jersey (or Providence, Rhode Island ), to verbally abusive parents sometime in the mid-1940s. His family is Presbyterian and Dutch from St. Geegland, Van Dutch. In college, he majored in penmanship.  Geegland, a short story teacher at the fictitious SUNY Yonkers, is the most aggressive of the two characters.   He often yells at others, makes racist comments, and may have raped a student.   Geegland’s unwritten novel, Rifkin’s Dilemma , is about the boyhood of a guy with a fondness for masturbation .  He’s been married three times. All of his wives died the same way on the same staircase. His first wife’s name was Inertia Bernstein.  He Was divorced at the age of 46.  Spalding Gray Personally _him_ disliked, and He Has chapped hands. 
The characters of Faizon and St. Geegland were heavily popularized on Kroll’s self-titled Comedy Central show, Kroll Show (2013-15), where they appeared in 11 episodes. They were presented through several different formats, including a variety of sketches, and the prank show Too Much Tuna , as hosts of a public access prank show in which unsuspecting contestants are given tuna fish sandwiches with “too much tuna”. They usually ruined the prank by telling the contestant that a tuna fish sandwich was coming before the plate of food arrived.      Too Much Tuna also carried over to their stage show.
Late Night with Seth Meyers
The duo-have Appeared in character as guests were two episodes of Late Night with Seth Meyers , Promoting the Off-Broadway and Broadway runs of Oh, Hello . Host Seth Meyers is a friend of both Kroll and Mulaney, who has worked with Mulaney as a writer for Saturday Night Live and Documentary Now! .
Comedy Bang! Bang!
Faizon and St. Geegland ‘s Scott Aukerman’s IFC show Comedy Bang! Bang! , Alongside The Lonely Island . During their appearance, they talked about their extensive Broadway background, which includes producing the Cats -inspired show Pugs and You snooze, You Lose , a musical about the Terri Schiavo case . They have also appeared on several episodes of the original Comedy Bang! Bang! podcast.
Kroll and Mulaney-have character Appeared in one year episode of Conan O’Brien ‘s TBS talk show Conan . The appearance occurred during O’Brien’s week of shows taped from the Apollo Theater in New York City , which coincided with the run of Oh, Hello on Broadway . George and Gil appeared during the monologue to give O’Brien a “welcome-back-to-New York-official-basket”, consisting of a pre-broken umbrella, a sun-faded photo of Danny Aiello , Week old watermelon, a copy of Fagen’s New York , and a gift certificate to St Michael’s Cemetery.
The Bachelor: Live
Oh, Hello on Broadway
Oh, Hello premiered as an off-Broadway play on December 1, 2015 and played for several weeks at The Cherry Lane Theater in New York’s Greenwich Village.  After the success of this production, Kroll and Mulaney took the show on the road, performing in Chicago, Washington, DC, Los Angeles, and Boston. 
Kroll and Mulaney began a 15-week staging of the show on Broadway at the Lyceum Theater , starting on September 22, 2016, in previews and on October 10 officially.   The show closed on January 22, 2017. The show received positive reviews overall. Ben Brantley of the New York Times .  Entertainment Weekly called it “full of genuine laughs”, but also “surprisingly unambitious, with no real story, no attempt to welcome new comedies, no truly great comic moments. B “.  Marilyn Stasio of Variety wrote that “Their pre-established fanbase from Comedy Central, alt-comedy clubs and obscure videos should go for this sloppy, silly, occasionally inspired, extended version of their comic shtick as two affected Upper West Side geezers Named Gil Faizon and George St. Geegland – goal “Oh, Hello on Broadway” might not be the show to win over new enthusiasts. 
A Recorded Performance of the show featuring Steve Martin as the guest Was released by Netflix on June 13, 2017.  The Recorded performance received a positive review from Erik Adams of The AV Club , Who gave it a “B +” and called Expired it “A singularly funny testament to Kroll and Mulaney’s creative partnership and personal friendship”.  Lea Palmieri of Decider wrote that ” Oh, Hello On Broadway could be the most ridiculous Broadway show you watch on Netflix this year, but it’s absolutely worth watching.” She noted, however, that “trimming about 15 minutes would not have hurt the show.” 
- Jump up^ “The Oh, Hello Show (2008-)” . IMDb.com . Retrieved 2015-05-28 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Kroll Show’s ‘Oh Hello’: Nick Kroll and John Mulaney Are Divorcees Upper West Side (VIDEO)” . Huffingtonpost.com . Retrieved 2015-05-28 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “Search | Comedy Central Official Site | ComedyCentral.com” . Cc.com . Retrieved 2015-05-28 .
- Jump up^ “Watch” Oh Hello “stars Gil Faizon and George St. Geegland drop in at 92Y · Great Job, Internet! · The AV Club” . Avclub.com. 2015-01-23 . Retrieved 2015-05-28 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c ” ” Oh Hello “(said in unison) – Kroll Show Character Database by Eddz” . Genius.com . Retrieved 2015-05-28 .
- Jump up^  [ dead link ]
- Jump up^ Evans, Bradford (2013-01-09). “Watch Nick Kroll and John Mulaney Reprise Their” Oh, Hello “Characters for ‘Kroll Show’ . Splitsider . Retrieved 2015-05-28 .
- Jump up^ Sean Fitz-Gerald. “25 Comedians Reminisce About Rififi” . Vulture . Retrieved 2015-05-28 .
- Jump up^ Eakin, Marah (2015-03-24). ” ” We really used every piece of the cow “Nick Kroll walks us through Kroll Show · The Walkthrough · The AV Club” . Avclub.com . Retrieved 2015-05-28 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e f 92Y Plus (2015-01-22), Nick Kroll and John Mulaney: A Night with Kroll Show “Oh Hello” , retrieved 2017-01-12
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “Did You Miss Nick Kroll & John Mulaney As Their” Oh Hello “Characters At The 92Y You Can Watch It Now Where to Stream Movies & Shows on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Instant, HBO Go ” . Decide. 2015-01-23 . Retrieved 2015-05-28 .
- Jump up^ “Oh, Hello – Too Much Tuna – Elon – Kroll Show Video Clip | Comedy Central” . Cc.com. 2014-12-17 . Retrieved 2015-05-28.
- Jump up^ “nick kroll on Twitter:” Gil’s beautiful sound Joel is indeed Adam Brody. #krollshow ” ” . Twitter.com. 2013-02-27 . Retrieved 2015-05-28 .
- Jump up^ “Meet George and Gil – Kroll Show Video Clip | Comedy Central” . Cc.com. 2014-12-17 . Retrieved 2015-05-28 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “Kroll Show – Oh, Hello – George and Gil at the Y” . Youtube. 2014-02-19 . Retrieved 2015-05-28 .
- Jump up^ “Kroll Show – Oh, Hello – Heart-to-Heart with Dr. Neuringer” . Youtube. 2014-08-29 . Retrieved 2015-05-28 .
- Jump up^ “Episodes cast for” Kroll Show “(2013)” . IMDb.com . Retrieved 2015-05-28 .
- Jump up^ “nick kroll on Twitter:” oh hello … TOO MUCH TUNA is gil faizon & george st geegland’s new prank show w / @JoeMande & john @mulaney ” ” . Twitter.com. 2013-01-09 . Retrieved 2015-05-28.
- Jump up^ “Oh, Hello | History | Cherry Lane Theater” . Www.cherrylanetheatre.org . Retrieved 2016-12-30 .
- Jump up^ “Nick Kroll, John Mulaney add another date for sold-out ‘Oh, Hello'”
- Jump up^ “Oh, Hello On Broadway” . Oh, Hello On Broadway . Retrieved 13 June 2017 .
- Jump up^ Viagas, Robert. “See What the Critics Said About ‘Oh, Hello’ on Broadway”Playbill, October 11, 2016
- Jump up^ “Oh, Hello on Broadway” . Broadway.com . Retrieved 13 June2017 .
- Jump up^ Sims, Dave (June 13, 2017). “The Marvelous Specificity of Oh, Hello Comes to Netflix” . The Atlantic Monthly .
- Jump up^ Oxfeld, Jesse (October 10, 2012). “Oh, Hello: EW stage review” . Entertainment Weekly .
- Jump up^ Stasio, Marilyn (October 20, 2016). “Broadway Review: ‘Oh, Hello on Broadway'” . Variety .
- Jump up^ Lenker, Maureen Lee (May 18, 2017). “Oh, Hello on Broadway is coming to Netflix” . Entertainment Weekly . Retrieved June 14,2017 .
- Jump up^ Adams, Erik (June 13, 2017). “Only Nick Kroll and John Mulaney could have (or should have) come up with Oh, Hello ” . AV Club.
- Jump up^ Palmieri, Lea (June 13, 2017). “‘Oh, Hello On Broadway’: John Mulaney and Nick Kroll Bring Their Grumpy Geezers To The Big Stage” . Decide .