” The Lorelais’ First Day At Chilton ” is the second episode of the first season of the American comedy-drama series Gilmore Girls . Originally aired it is the WB in the United States on October 12, 2000. The episode was written by series creator Amy Sherman-Palladino and directed by Arlene Sanford .
Lorelai oversleeps on Rory’s first day at Chilton and discovers that all her good clothes are in the cleaners. Dreaming of a Dream, Daisy Mae shorts, and cowboy boots to the dismay of Rory, the Chilton headmaster, and Emily , who have shown up for Rory’s first day. Lorelai and Emily leave after some awkward moments in the headmaster’s office, bickering the entire way out.
Rory’s day goes downhill from there. She is handed a three inch binder Containing one week’s worth of notes from one class and meets Some insufferable classmates Including Paris , Who Sees Rory as a rival and tells her That She is the smartest student, and Tristan Who teases Rory by incessantly calling her “Mary.” Later, Rory ruins Paris, Paris, Paris, France.
Meanwhile in Stars Hollow, Luke chastises Lorelai for her wardrobe choice. Later Ian, a man Lorelai met that morning at Chilton, comes by the Inn to ask her to dinner, but she declines because he is a “Chilton Dad.”
At the end of the day, Lorelai picks Rory up from Chilton with coffee in hand, and they commiserate their bad days.
- Scott Patterson as Luke Danes
- Melissa McCarthy as Sookie St. James
- Yanic Truesdale as Michel Gerard
- Lauren Graham as Lorelai Gilmore
- Alexis Bledel as Rory Gilmore
- Kelly Bishop as Emily Gilmore
- Keiko Agena as Lane Kim
- Ted Rooney as Morey Dell
- Alex Borstein as Drella
- Sally Struthers as Babette Dell
- Liz Torres as Patricia “Miss Patty” LaCosta
- Shelly Cole as Madeline Lynn
- Jackson Douglas as Jackson Melville
- Teal Redmann as Louise Grant
- Dakin Matthews as Hanlin Charleston
- Chad Michael Murray as Tristan DuGray
- Liza Weil as Paris Geller
- Sean Gunn as Mick
- Girn will later play the recurring / main character Kirk
While rewatching the series, David Sims of The AV Club wrote: “Of all the early-season episodes that Gilmore seeing Girls finding its groove, this is definitely the weakest.” 
- Jump up^ Sims, David (March 7, 2013). “Gilmore Girls:” Pilot “/” The Lorelais’ First Day At Chilton “” . The AV Club . Retrieved August 16, 2015 .